Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A bit away from the attractions but very clean and new. Breakfast area is well laid out and they have two grills going for the cook to order breakfast so the line goes very fast.

Managers reception is also nice with a variety of things- veggies and snack type food... not just the popcorn that some locations have.

We had one issue with the room that was so minor I wasn't going to mention, but housekeeping noticed and called. It was fixed within minutes! Great job!

We have a larger group joining us tomorrow so I will review again after a longer stay!

Traffic is really backed up today going up to the mall- just heavy volume given it is Christmas, but you can go around the traffic by going up the 192 to the I4- some hotels in the area don't really have an optional route to avoid traffic... so this is a nice thing to note!

Also several places to eat within walking distance from the hotel and excellent food in the hotel too!

Room Tip: Higher room to get a view of the Disney fireworks! It is in the distance, but you can enjoy it from...
3  Thank Jane D
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Jane D,

Thank you for your excellent review. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting the Orlando area.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

As a guest who also works in the industry, I stayed here last week with my family on vacation and this property far exceeded our expectations. Breakfast and happy hour were just wonderful. All the staff, the most friendliest and helpful group of people you will meet. Absolutely clean, new property that is in a great location near shopping, restaurants and not far from Disney.

Our view was out on a grassy/swampy field and it was just nice to wake up to such a calming view!
We had a wonderful stay here!

3  Thank ElizabethC1515
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

ElizabethC1515,

It is great to hear that a fellow industry member stayed with us and that we exceeded their expectations. Thank you for your 5-star review. I hope all of our future guests have a similar experience with us!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Don't let this secret out! We have stayed here twice since the grand opening and it is a-maz-ing! I've stayed at many Embassy Suites, but this interior design is gorgeous. The pool? Gorgeous. Rooms? Gorgeous. Staff? Genuinely happy you are there.....seriously.

Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone!!!! Let's keep this place our little secret!!

5  Thank DivingGurl
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

DivingGurl,

Thank you for your pleasantly comical review! We are glad to hear you consider us one of Orlando’s best kept secrets. We hope to keep exceeding your standards. Please continue to come back and see us!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 days before going to Disney's Beach Club Resort.I would have stayed here if I didn't have reservations at Disney.The staff was friendly and professional.Room was spotless and large.The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had,great selection and all fresh.The value here was much better than Disney as I had a much larger room ,2 TV s ,a manager's reception and the breakfast buffet.I would stay here again as it was half the price of Disney with many more extras.My wife and I were sorry we had to leave.

3  Thank alf6092

alf6092,

We are sorry you had to leave as well. We believe the Embassy Suites brand offers a great balance between luxury and value. Keep in mind that aside from the complimentary breakfast and manager’s reception, we do not charge for self parking nor do we charge our guests a ‘resort fee’. These are just some of the many other reasons to keep coming back to the Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The best way to describe this hotel is "Wow!" We stayed here twice in December 2012 during visits to the Kissimmee/Orlando area to attend high school football playoff games. The staff was very welcoming and the lobby and atrium made a very favorable first impression. On both visits our suites were extremely comfortable with new furnishings, new carpet, and great air conditioning. This was expected since the hotel just opened a couple months earlier however we were surprised by the great new smell of the suites. On the first visit there was a housekeeping issue with the shower but a call to the front desk produced a visit within minutes by two housekeepers who thoroughly rectified the problem. The business center on the first floor is hidden out of the way and thus was not at all busy when I visited it. The breakfast area was well designed and the staff was exceptionally friendly. Breakfast was absolutely delicious though it took awhile to receive my waffle each day. To their credit, the staff delivered it to our table so we could sit down. On one of our visits several sports groups were staying at the hotel yet we encountered no noise issues and no lines for breakfast. This hotel is convenient to the theme parks and other points of interest and is definitely my new favorite in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in "14" such as 814, 914, etc as they back up to the vending and ice ma...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SilverStar092
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

SilverStar092,

Thank you for being a Tripadvisor Top Contributor and reviewing our hotel positively! It is great that you have had a great experience during your multiple stays. We strive for genuine and consistent service and it definitely appears we were able to accomplish that with you.

It is also great to hear that you stayed with us during a weekend that included an in-house sports group and experienced no noise or lines for breakfast.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed from Saturday to Wednesday and enjoyed the staff and amenities at this spanking new hotel--a different design from any Embassy Suites we have visited in the past. Greeted warmly by virtually everyone on staff, many of international origin, we enjoyed a lot of interaction during our stay. Special appreciation to the bartender at the evening cocktail reception, after a long day at Disney. (And we weren't limited to 2 drinks each.) The hotel was full of young girls attending a cheer camp, apparently, when we arrived on Saturday, and the pool and common areas were full of them. All over the place in swarms, signs of much parental guidance was quite lacking. Oh, and do they have to go in and out of their hotel room slamming doors every 2 minutes? Supervision of children is a dying act, I'm afraid. Breakfast in the mornings was very good, with more and better offerings than most Embassy Suites, with lots of options though I can't say the omelets were a shining point.
Another evening we headed to the whirlpool for an evening dunk to find that it was not heated! That act alone is unforgiveable, and completely incomprehensible.
Being a new property I found there were very few guests during the week days of our visit and it became apparent that the restaurant staff was quite lonely as we rarely saw anyone dining there, though the food in the dining room was better than hotel average. Nice young Russian waitress working there.
Unfortunately for us my new car was vandalized in the parking lot which I brought to the hotel's attention. I attributed the problem to confusing markings in the parking lot as apparently the lines in the No Parking section in a corner of the lot had been marked over. It was a confusion that I noticed when I parked there. I believe that the vandal thought I was taking two parking spots as I had parked slightly over the line into the no parking area. And I got keyed. Kudos to the manager that phoned me after I complained who, on request, comped me for one night. They agreed that the markings at this spot may be confusing.
All in all, great stay. Nice folks. Would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sennedwhite

Sennedwhite,
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. It appears you stayed at our hotel during a large in-house convention. During times that the hotel is in high occupancy, we try to take many preventative steps to ensure each guest has a perfect stay. Aside from assigning the groups to their own floors, we always have 24 hour in-house security that is constantly monitoring the hallways to ensure children are supervised and behaving themselves.

Regarding your experience with the whirlpool: Because both the pool and hot tub are heated, we monitor the pool and whirlpool temperatures several times throughout the day to ensure an optimum balance between power consumption and guest satisfaction. Our Whirlpool temperature regularly sits between 101 and 103 degrees. It is unfortunate that you did not find the temperature to be satisfactory, but rest assured that it is something that we closely monitor.

Regarding your vehicle damage: While I would like to strongly stress that the hotel is not responsible for damage to vehicles, I am glad you found our resolution to be helpful.

Thanks again for the review and we also hope you come back to visit again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days during the American Youth Football and Cheer National Championships 2012.

The hotel is new and the rooms are extremely clean and spacious. Each room has a front "living room" and the back room is the bedroom. This was very nice because the atrium was extremely loud but in the back bedroom it was completely and totally silent. This is not something I am used to in a hotel, as I am usually bothered by either noise of the people, elevators, or slamming doors, or all. There was no noise at all in my room. Each morning there was free breakfast with made-to-order omelets. This was a huge plus, not to mention money-saver, and my only complaint is that the traffic flow was very poor, so all of the omelet ordering folks clogged up the pre-prepared eggs, bacon, pancakes and sausage line. The hotel was extremely crowded on a few days and they seemed a bit overwhelmed and unprepared for the number of people trying to get breakfast.

Each night there was a "manager's happy hour" for two hours and this included free drinks and food. Allen was the bartender and he was extremely friendly and kept even the really long lines moving on the busy nights. We were even able to get wine from Allen and bring it to the "Kyng's Grille" where we had dinner and didn't have to pay for drinks.

The one small restaurant was the "Kyng's Grille" and we were served by Que on a few nights and she was one of the most friendly, caring and fabulous waitresses I have ever had the pleasure to be served by. She took an interest in our daughter's cheerleading competition and took great care of us overall and worked extremely hard to make sure we were happy.

We were a surprise guest at this hotel and I have to give them credit for accomodating our large group with such little notice.

My only negatives to this hotel were: the swimming pool was rather small, there was infrequent poolside service, and often there were no towels outside. Also, they definitely need to get some of the "bugs" out - such as the terrible flow at breakfast - and they were very unhappy about giving us a late checkout on the Sunday we left, even though the hotel was clearly nearly deserted, as all of the Football players had left. I have to give them credit though that they did eventually give us the late checkout, but we had to push very hard for it. For lunch, the only option was the one small restaurant, and to order "to go" I had to wait 20-30 minutes. Also, the elevators seemed overtaxed while we were there, but this is a common problem at hotels when they are booked solid.

Overall I would stay there again, it's a great hotel with great service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CheerMom11

CheerMom11,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. it is great that you really liked our spacious suites. it is even better that you found the hotel to be quiet, despite your large group with American Youth Football that stayed during your time with us. We are also happy that you received great service from several people that you listed by name. Our staff is very driven to ensure all of our guests have a very positive experience- and I am glad we accomplished that with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Villas of Grand Cypress
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!