“A Haven in the heart of Kissimmee”

The Barefoot Suites
Ranked #31 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
North East
“A Haven in the heart of Kissimmee”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay once again at Barefoot'n in the Keys. This is a Timeshare Resort which we own on. We bought through RCI due to its location as we absolutely love Oldtown & its great being able to walk there for a drink of an evening or to look around the shops & get something to eat. My husband likes it here as he is usually the driver so he can also have a drink!! Since our last visit the resort has been given a coat of paint & new furnishings as they have built a brand new block of condos & have spruced up the original condos. Very comfy beds & the units are very well equipped with everything you could need. Nice pool area & grounds with plenty of wildlife, racoons, a snake, a deer family & the resident stray cat which was still there this visit, much to my daughters delight, you wouldnt think you were in the middle of Kissimmee. We didnt find it noisy at all, but then we were out at the Bike nights/car nights, but on the other nights it was fine. Staff are very helpful & friendly & there is good security as it is gated & there is a security guard patrolling the grounds at night. Parking can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, but not bad enough to put us off staying there.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank Mousemad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have been going to Orlando all my life and I can't believe I have just found out about this place. My mom and son were in one room while my husband and I were in another and we still had a huge livingroom area to enjoy. We had a wonderful big kitchen and we were able to go to the nearby Publix to pick up shrimp and lobster to cook. We could see the playgrouind and the awesome pool from our patio. I will always stay here going forward.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Loxahatchee
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I spent 4 nights in a 2 bedroom condo with 3 little kids. The condo is well kept, nicely decorated, very clean, and the kids loved the pool. There are charcoal grills near the pool, a play ground, basketball court, and volley ball net. Old town is across the street and we enjoyed a walk through one afternoon without the nightly crowds. My only complains is noise. Our first night there was a Wednesday and the rides at Old Town were busy. In the front bedroom we could hear the people screaming on the rides. Also, we could hear kids running and jumping around in the condo above us each night. Fortunately, each night by 11:00, the "family of elephants" above us, quieted down. You can also hear water running if someone above you flushes the toilet. I would stay there again since the noise wasn't enough to keep me up. I would have called the front desk and complained if it had. It is very resonably priced as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We just came back yesterday after 4 wonderful nights at this resort! Let me start by saying that it is CLEAN!!!!! and very very comfortable! The staff is so helpful, and friendly, the pool is nice , it has a kiddie pool and jacuzzi! The bathroom was spotless and huge. We are all so happy we stayed there. You cal cross the street and just walk to fun Spot/Old town and other restaurants! We highly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My family and I just returned from a 3 night stay and we could not have asked for a better experience.The location is excellent, convenient to all the attractions and shops.The staff was very friendly and helpful. The resort was more than we imagined it would be. My husband and I stayed at a 1 bedroom condo in the luxury high rise with our 2 children.It was quite spacious.Everything looked new and very clean .The kitchen was fully equipped with all and anything you could possibly need. The living/dining area were comfortable to relax for a meal or watch TV. The bedroom had it's own flat screen TV , my kids stayed in the bedroom and loved it.My husband and I used the pull out sofa,it was great.The wide balcony overlooks the pool and play area,very nice. It is a gated resort so you get your own entrance code which gives you that sense of safety.Old town is right next door.By the way, just like many people I was a bit concerned at first as you never know what type of experience you will have. I have to say,I am so happy that we stayed here.I am from Tampa but we love the kissimmee/ Orlando area and this was the best resort we've ever stayed in. We were here for a short stay but will definitely come back again soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kolding, Denmark
Reviewed June 16, 2010

If you are going to Disneys, Sea World etc. this is the perfect place to stay. VERY clean apartment with everything you need (kitchen supplies, dishwasher, washer, dryer) in a safe, gated area. Great family friendly pool and a cozy lake with alligators around it (don’t worry – there is a fence around it!)! The resort is close to everything you need in Orlando; the great parks and the many places to dine in Kissimmee. We arrived at 2 am. (!) and were met by a very friendly employee who helped us out. This is really good value for money!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Miami,Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2010

WOW, where do i begin, I stayed in a one bedroom with my boyfriend for two nights! wish I could have stayed longer. I absolutely loved the location, decor and amenities. Everything was new, perfect for the two of us and the kitchen was so convienent since i love to cook. Publix was right down the street so I cooked a big dinner. Pool was quiet, we mostly had it to ourselves.I also loved the pull out couch, it really came i handy for our movie night. The washer/dryer worked great after our long day at the water park. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY ONE LOOKING FOR A ROMANTIC GETAWAY. DEFINETLY MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME. ANYONE KINDA SKEPTICAL...I WAS TOO... DON'T BE, ITS SAFE (YOU CAN'T ENTER UNLESS YOU HVE A PASSWORD TO THE GATE)AND IN MY OPINION, ORLANDO'S BEST KEPT SECRET. BOOK IT! BOOK IT! BOOK IT! (HOPE MY REVIEW WAS OF SOME HELP)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple