“NICE OFF SITE HOTEL”

Ranked #31 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ironton, Ohio
“NICE OFF SITE HOTEL”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed from June 28-July 2, 2009 in the new high-rise. The room was BRAND NEW and had everything a family of 3-4 would need. The hotel is only about 3-5 MILES from DISNEY; easy driving. The location was peaceful, secure, and not over crowded.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
OH
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at this resort and found it mostly ok, except for the lizards and stray cats. Every step that I would take outside in the grass, three or four lizards would dart out from under my feet. In addition, we had a lizard in our room that I had to chase down with a broom and WDW popcorn bucket. Thankfully that was on the last night, or my wife would have insisted that we found other accommodations. We will stay at the Disney budget hotels from this point forward. Not an ideal experience to say the least. In addition, there were stray cats everywhere, no doubt to feast on the lizards.

Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jmitch51
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The hotel was beautiful, clean & kept up very well!!!! The room was beautiful & would be a great place to go for a couple days! It was very roomy and not only had a full kitchen but also all the dishes one would need!!
The only problem I had, was, with the tub, it was NOTHING like the pictures!!! I upgraded our room because I wanted the one with the jacuzzi tub!! I was planning a surprise romantic weekend for my husband! However, all it was, was a regular bathtub just deeper and it was only for 1 person! Not that he cared about the tub, however, I did and upgraded for a reason!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bucsgirl
Cape Coral, FL
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Was a little afraid since I read some of the latest reviews here. I have to say, I had a totally different experience than they did. I felt very safe here. There were gates up on all sides of the complex. The complex is small to where the staff knows you and they know who belongs there and who doesn't. I stayed in a 1b with a partial kitchen. We were given a hot plate with a frying pan, sauce pan and extra cooking utenciles. There was service for 4 already in the kitchen area. The pull out sofa is a queen size bed, very comfy for my 16 year old. With the bed pulled out, there was a lot of room to walk around in the room (unlike many other places I have stayed). The bathroom was very spacious & loved the whirlpool tub! The vanity area was very large with lots of under the counter storage area. The bathroom itself was very large for a 1 bedroom unit. I liked the convience of the w/d in the unit. The bedroom had a very comfy (and looked new) king size bed. The room was a good size. There was plenty of room for storage. The only thing that I was not crazy about was the hot water heater. The unit we had was 107B. It was an upstairs unit and when ever the people downstairs would use the hot water, the heater would make heat up and was on the noisy side. Other than that. I really enjoyed my stay. I liked the cereal in the morning in their lobby, as well as the fresh coffee all day long. My daughter loved the cookies in the afternoon. We did not have to pay for the internet since they have 2 computers in the lobby that you are allowed to use for FREE. You can use them for 20 minutes, longer is no one is waiting to use them after you. My daughter did her school report on them. The staff there are super! They are more friendly than you get at an expesive Disney resort..and you see the same people everyday. You get to know them. I would go back there in a heart beat! I really had a nice stay there and would recommend it to anyone. I left my camera at home, but wished I had it with me for pictures... this is one place to stay if you want convience, yet peacefulness with a friendly staff in the heart of the theme parks!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We were there in the first week of January 2009.

It is a timeshare that has less than ten years of age but it seems a lot older. It is a nice clean place but lacks some elements that make me wonder if I want to go back.

For example, they have carpet floor in the living room and in the bedroom instead of tiles. They have old key locks with regular keys instead of magnetic cards. The A/C is noisy. The kitchen has only two chairs so even if the unit can accommodate four people, you won’t be able to eat at the same time. The bedroom is kind of small and the storage is limited. But the worse is the linens and beach towels that are really worn-out. THEY MUST RENEW THEIR STOCK because it is not acceptable. Do what we did and ask for new linens and towels if necessary.

One the plus side, the full kitchen is well equipped (big fridge, big oven, toaster, blender, etc...) and there is a continental breakfast every morning with cereals, oatmeal, juice, milk and coffee. (Continental breakfast from 8h15 to 9h30, so you will probably miss it if you want to go to Disney parks early). On some days you will find cookies in the lobby in the afternoon. The pool is great and there is a smaller pool with fountains for the kids.

We also had some unfortunate encountered... We found a couple of silverfish... Eurk... But I guess it is hard to avoid in that region when you are on the first floor. I just hope that they will find a way to get rid of those.

The “Old Town Carnival” is just in front of the Barefoot so it is nice to take a walk there at night. Take the time to go to the “Magic Store”, you can buy all kind of magic stuff and the guy will show you some amazing demonstration.

All over I would give this resort a 5/10 and I would probably try something else next time I am in Kissimmee. Unless I could have a unit in the brand new building that is currently under construction.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Carpets and very worn-out towels
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank Marco
frankfort, IL
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Just returned from a fun week at Disney World. We booked this condo thru RCI. The price was good, but it was an example of 'you get what you pay for.' We had the 1BR condo with full kitchen and pull-out couch for our family of 4.
First the good points: It was very close to the south entry gate of Disney (within 5 minutes). The condo complex was cute from the outside and had a security gate. The heated pool and hot tub were clean and nicely maintained. There was a children's pool with sprayers (not heated) too and sand volleyball court. The staff was very nice too and our kids loved the baked cookies in the afternoon.
On the downside: The condo was cramped compared with others we've stayed in, with little storage space for luggage and all the accumulated Disney junk. We were also on the ground level and could hear every step from the guest upstairs (footsteps woke us most mornings). The hot water tended to run out after 2 or 3 showers in the morning (particularly if the family upstairs was also showering). The decor was uninspired, the bedding like a cheap motel's, and the overall cleanliness questionable. The bathroom, in particular seemed a bit dirty and I found the exposed toilet brush and plunger (next to the toilet) gross. While the proximity to Disney was awesome, I would say the Old Town area is a little seedy -- kind of like a carnival. The motels nearby also looked a little creepy.
Overall: I'd recommend that any visitors who simply want a decent and affordable place to crash while visiting The Mouse, may want to try this property for the affordability, nice pool and kind staff. But, I'd recommend staying in a second floor unit (with kitchenette) to ease the noise issues (plus the bathrooms upstairs were much nicer!).

• Liked — Proximity to Disney
  • Disliked — Noise from other unit; cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank babymama2km
long island, new york
Reviewed December 15, 2008

we booked this stay through our vacation plan. it was represented as a 4/5 star resort. our reservation confirmation stated "full kitchen". when i confirmed it 24hrs in advance(as instructed), i was told it's a "partial kitchen". it consisted of a mini-fridge, which didn't freeze, two shelves that could't hold anything more than a saucer -high dish, bottom space for one bottle. a 1 or 2 cup coffeemaker(which was replaced) & a mini-microwave. the bathroom sink leaked all over the floor, it was reported on sunday am, we were told it couldn't be fixed till tuesday & were given extra towels to absorb the water. the heating/air conditioner didn't work, or the thermostat or both. the table had two chairs, but not enough room to fit two plates if you planned on cooking in the microwave. the front gate also advertised "nightly rentals". there was also a daily charge for internet service in the office. this was not a place we would have stayed at for the price when motels all around us offered the same amenities for 1/4 the price & no charge for internet service in the room. on the positive side, the staff was very friendly & helpful with some of the issues.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple