“Friendly staff”

The Barefoot Suites
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Located next to old town, which is great for entertainment.....rides, shops and restaurants. Area is good...the RV park down the road from this resort is a very nice park.. with cottages and RV parking...on lovely grounds...the area is very "touristy"...so normally busy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sparrow06
Evelyn M, Manager at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a family room when we arrived for an 8 day vacation. The room was large, and we were able to make space for our large family. When we pulled the couch out, our son couldn't sleep on it. The "mattress" was thin and the springs felt like they would jump out of the bed. There were stains on the carpet, and what looked like blood on the wall and curtains. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mindy M

We are sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I found this hotel in Hotel Tonight application. I needed a place to stay for 2 days since our stay in Orlando was prolonged. It shows nice pictures of big spacious suites with kitchens and everything. It read very high reviews about this place so I decided to booked it. Well, upon arrival nobody was at the front desk. I had to wait about 30 minutes for the person to arrive and it was 12pm. Upon entering the "suite" I see the place was big but as I move in I noticed it was dirty!! Hairs everywhere. I found what appears to be a pubic hair encrusted in my "brand new" kitchen sponge. I opened the kitchen draws and there was hair everywhere even on the sharpened ends of the knifes!!!! The fridge handles are disgustingly dirty!! All the doors are filthy where you push to open. I found a used hair band behind the tissue box in my bathroom, a used razor blade inside one the bathroom draws, a ball of hair inside my pillow case!!! Needles to say this place is a total dump!! The staff warned us to be careful around the pool since there is a living alligator inside the pond that is just feet away from the pool. Oh my God... what???!! An alligator????!!! There is dust everywhere... on the bed frame, lamps, I mean everywhere like this place as never been clean. The carpet feels dirty and sticky when walking on it barefoot. We are so disgusted we don't even want to sleep on the bed, but is too late now since we already paid and no refund allowed on that reservation. The place is so deserted that for the size of this hotel building (6 floors) ant the amount of suites my car and two more are the only vehicles in the parking lot. I'm afraid I will wake up tomorrow to a busted car window I hope not! STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this dump.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank HeroeSanJuan_PR

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issues that you experienced during your stay. I certainly would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you so please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

first off, the room overall was very clean (and I'm pretty picky about cleanliness). The carpet however could use a good shampooing - white socks would look dirty after walking around on it for a few hours, but overall it wasn't bad. New furniture and appliances throughout, plenty of parking. I was directly across from old town on an end unit, and the noise wasn't at all bad. With the doors shut you couldn't even hear anything at all, you could only hear noise on your way to/from the car. That being said, the area surrounding this gated resort is a little rough - when a school bus is dropping kids off at the giant motel complex that is "home" and then the next stop is at the trailer park past the hotel, it's not really a great area. The hotel is gated though, and once you are inside the gate, you don't even notice the surrounding area (other than the aforementioned old town noise). it was very convenient to Disney and Universal

overall, if the price was right (around a Benjamin or less), I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ron M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and please know that we are currently working with the carpets and room renovations. We look forward to having you as our guests again on your next visit. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the 5th floor.Room was spacious and clean .We made use of the kitchenette and because of that saved money! Did not notice any noise from Old town. Staff was efficient and friendly. Gated hotel. Great kiddie pool. Perfect location for Disney. Extremely affordable! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are very spacious. From balcony of 251c you can see deer at night
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I just want to say this place is a perfect getaway me and my wife stayed there for our honeymoon and the staff took care of us and made it very special for us they go above and beyond to help us and they have always taken care of us every time we stay there great pricing, great people, great rooms

• Stayed: May 2014
Mike B, Guest Relations Manager at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are thrilled you were so happy with everything. Come back soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

would never stay here ever agiain! h, had to beg for toilet roll, asked for new bed sheets as my son had a accident in bed they told us to wash them our selfes as we had a washing machine in the condo. very cheeky, didn't not take trash from our condo had to get rid of it our self. after check out once we where home we had random charges taken out of our account. I was in a condo where we where over looking the lake, which had a alligator in it, the alligator would condo out on to the grass which was only 10 feet from out patio doors. so I could not let my children out of the apartment to as scared the alligator would come up. had to walk past the alligator to get to the swimming pools. whilst there the spa pool heater was broke for a week, the main pool was freezing for the 1st week being there!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tasha M
Mike B, Guest Relations Manager at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I am sorry it all did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments and concerns to our entire team for follow up. As for the alligator, I'm afraid not much can be done about our local endangered species. They kind of roam around in theirs and our environment without any interaction. I can understand your concern, though.
Mike