The Barefoot Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsold townfull kitchenwasher and dryerliving roomfun spothighly recommend this propertydisney parkshome away from homebottom floorboth bedroomsnice sizenice pool areaclose proximityorlando areahot tubdvd playerking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our unit was small but clean and cheerfully decorated, and had everything that we needed for a relaxing week! The whole property looked clean and freshly painted, very fresh and bright and uplifting. The pool was clean and inviting, even with the alligator pond right next door (SO cool!). The neighborhood was a totally different story...very rundown and seedy looking! I was getting really nervous until we went through the gate at the Barefoot, but it was seriously like the whole place had been created somewhere else and then plopped down in the middle of a tourist trap neighborhood that stopped being maintained somewhere around 1987. Old Town across the street was delightfully tacky and a lot of fun! The one complaint that we had was that the noise from Old Town was very loud late into the night, but that's not the fault of the Barefoot Suites at all. The employees were helpful and cheerful, and we got cookies at check in and even got a midweek cleaning included, which usually doesn't happen at these condo-type places.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We debated back and forth on whether or not to stay here or on Disney property. But after reading reviews and going through photos, we decided to stay here. We were not disappointed! This place is amazing! Wonderful Staff, great rooms, and a quiet setting. We stayed 5 nights here.Originally I booked 4 nights through Priceline for $99 a night. We wanted to add another night, so I called and they matched the price for me. It would have been $179 to add the night, but they gave it to me for $99! Great customer service! Old town is right across the street, we went there one night and it was fun. The noise didn't bother us at all at night. We went to Disney everyday and unfortunately it was cold in the evenings so we weren't able to us pools, but we walked over there and they looked great! We had the 2br/2bath but didn't really need it since it was only my husband and I and our 2 year old daughter. But we loved the space! There was so much room to just relax and enjoy it. The washer and dryer was a great addition as well. It looks EXACTLY likes the pictures show. I felt comfortable that it was gated as well. They also had games available such as Yahtzee, Scrabble, ect. Along with that, you or your children could sign up for group activities held throughout the day. It is only about 10 minutes from Disney (right across the expressway). There is also PLENTY of food options very close. To name a few, there is a Logan's Roadhouse, Denny's, IHOP, Ponderosa, another steakhouse (can't remember the name), Bennigan's, a McDonald's, KFC, all within 5 minutes. We will definitely stay here anytime we come back to Disney or Orlando in general! Stay here! You won't regret it! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Stacy C
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed in several hotels, but this place takes the cake! I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Spoke to Evelyn prior to getting there and she was friendly and professional. I knew my stay would be great even before I got there. The rooms are very well furnished and well thought out. It was quiet and clean. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will surely be back!

Room Tip: Room in the tower, overlooking the wooded area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandie S
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed in the two bedroom suite with four adults. This place is very convenient to Old Town (across the street) especially if you love seeing the car shows on Fri. and Sat. night. The evening activity (noise) at Old Town didn't bother us at all. We stayed 8 days and were very comfortable. The pool side was quite and small enough that you felt you had the place to yourself. Evelyn, was very accommodating along with security guards. We had free internet which was great. This place is a wonderful gated oasis tuck in a small quite corner off a busy street with all the restaurants you could ever want in a life time. Public transportation just down the block provided convenient access to all the Disney parks. This place is under new ownership and hopefully will give this diamond a little up lift from normal wear and tear of use. The inside was neat and tidy except for carpet stains. Really an excellent value for your money. Book early for the best value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here after spending 4 nights in the quiet town of Sebastian Florida and were not looking forward to the craziness of Kissimee, FL, but we were amazed at how quiet this resort was in the middle of Kissimee. The units were good sized and clean . Amenities were adequate and being close the restuarants and shopping was alot of fun for teenage girls. We only spent 2 days with one being at Disney but would return to this resort if I travel to this part of Florida again.

Room Tip: I liked the ground unit in the villas as it was nice to have a patio. The upstair unit did not look like they had a deck.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family