“Tremendous value for the money, we will be back!”

The Barefoot Suites
Ranked #32 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our family stayed in the two bedroom unit for 4 nights at the end of January 2013. The rooms are exactly as advertised - spacious, bright, clean, and well appointed. Our 4 year old son and 3 year old daughter didn't want to leave. A great place to stay just minutes from Disney. We'll be back !

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JDuncan72

Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a 10 day trip to Orlando - I wanted to stay some place for one night to do my laundry and not be charged a crazy resort fee- Barefoot met that criteria and I was pleasantly surprised! I am a Disney snob so as I was driving to Barefoot and saw how close it was to Old Town - I immediately thought I shouldn't have booked! Upon arriving- front desk staff was so nice- she even upgraded us to a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo - and I paid under 100.00! Upon arriving at my room- I was so pleased. It was on the ground level and away from reception. The place was immaculate and huge! Full size fridge-full kitchen - beautiful bedrooms-bath-living room and of course washer and dryer! Pool area was clean spacious and not crowded- best part- you can get there by using your back door. You also have your own private sitting area back there! In the parking lot -it is loud being so close to Old Town but inside the room was quiet and peaceful. I really hated to leave the next day!

Room Tip: Ground floor away from reception
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mazooo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Barefoot Suites. But I would recommend though if you are booking, to book an upstairs apartment if staying in the suites nearer the reception. We found it really noisy when we had guests staying above us...from hearing the toilet flush, to just people walking around etc. The location is great near Old Town, which has a great night life and atmosphere. The hotel is near loads of restaurants and supermarkets and not far at all from all the disney parks. The bus stop is also close if thats how you plan to get around. We felt really safe and the rooms were really clean when we arrived. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Orlando.

Room Tip: Top floor suites
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pink_cola
Reviewed January 30, 2013

These are true suites. There was a separate bedroom and a nice kitchen and living room. The bathroom was very large. Everything was in good shape and very clean. The pool area is large and inviting.

The location is convenient to get to the theme parks or lots of services. But it is jammed in the middle of the carnival feel of Highway 192.

The suites are great for a longer stay since they really are more like apartments. Barefoot Suites, however, isn’t a full service hotel. There’s no bar or restaurant.

As long as you don’t need a lot of staff services, the place is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith B
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I (3 adults and 1 child) stayed at this resort around Thankgiving.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was a piece of cake!
The manager even stopped and asked how our stay was and to see if we needed anything. (To me that is a BIG PLUS) You will not find many managers that will walk the ground to check on things and to make sure the guests are taken care of. I was very IMPRESSED!
My child and husband love it because Old Town was right across the street.
We stayed in the 2 bedroom / 2 bath condo. Complete kitchen, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezor, washer, dryer. We had flat screen TV's in the living room and in each bedroom. The screened in patio was lovely. The view from the patio was the pool around.
The rate for staying was reasonable, we booked it through Orbiz.
***Note: I leaved in Central Florida for 16 years untl we moved (due to fathers illness) and let me just say.....visiting my family we always like to stay some placed different everytime. I will say we will return to this resort. It's a smaller resort that is gated, yes it looks to be in a rough neighborhood or should I say run down neighborhood. But this little place is a GEM of it's own!
Picture will be posted later.

Room Tip: Family Trip (3adults + 1 child): 2 bedroom / 2 bath beautifully - decorated, roomy! Perfect for a f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Last yr I wrote "2nd visit and we still love it". This year we were sadly disappointed. We paid double this year & our stay was a real let down. The high rise building was sold & is being turned into condos. Clearly upkeep is not high on their priority list. The carpets were filthy & had huge stains from the kitchen through the dining/living room to the bedroom. When we opened up the master bed we found that the sheets had not been changed & were so disgusted by the soiling! We had to launder the sheets because there was was no one to call as office staff left @ 8 pm. The floor under the bed could NOT have been vacuumed in months because there was dirt & soiled pieces of paper on top of one another. During the day 1 person is in office for the condos (now Barefoot Suites) while other staff work for Island One group (villas). Wifi had 4 bars & we could connect but couldn't get onto the web. We called Help Desk and they got us up & running once but the next day it was down again & they were never able to fix it. We were surprised that during our other 2 visits the building was full & busy & this year the parking lot was about 20 percent full at the best of time - even over the Christmas busy days. We hardly saw anyone. The security gate coming into the complex was NEVER locked & always open! It made us feel incredibly uneasy given the neighborhood & that our room door was open to the outside. They no longer give parking certificates so anyone can just drive in and park. A week to the day we arrived our door cards didn't work so we had to track down the security guard late at night & get new ones. He asked our checked out date (10 days in future) so I clearly asked to ensure we don't have a repeat of this next week. Sure enough, next week during pouring rain we had to walk over & find the guard so we could get our cards updated. Outside of the building is showing neglect... dirty walkways, walls, elevators, etc. We heard people thumping above, a baby crying and a dog constantly barking - all late at night and early in the morning. Dogs aren't allowed but someone snuck it in. We saw them walking the dog & then enter an apt so know they definitely stayed overnight with it. People above did their laundry at midnight and since the washer/dryer were in the master bedroom the noise came down through & into our room. We never experienced any noise on our 2 previous visits. If they are expecting to sell as timeshare they sure have a lot of cleaning up to do to impress anyone. The couches/bed mattress (sagged in the middle) need upgrading & they need someone to pay attention to the dirt. It's sure easy enough to spot! Given the lack of secuity/wifi/cleanliness & excessive noise for double the price - we won't return again.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the rooms for cleanliness BEFORE the day staff go home (8 pm). Definitely check...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Smiles53
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We walked out of the Greater Palms Hotel down the street because it was so disgusting and found this place by luck at the last minute on New Years Eve. What a wonderful place. I just wish we could of stayed another night to enjoy the amenities. It was clean, beds were comfortable excluding the sofa pull out but are any comfortable? Coffee pot did not work but that was a small issue. Bathroom was big, kitchen was nice and fully stocked. It's close to a lot of stores and restaurants. I would highly recommend this place. Just be sure to ask for two beds if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for two beds if needed. Do not try the sofa bed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Celebration Suites
Celebration Suites
#16 of 155 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to The Barefoot Suites? Share your experiences!