“Cleansiness Concerns?”
Review of Grand Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Grand Palms
Ranked #73 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cleansiness Concerns?”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The main concern we had about this property was the cleansiness. The layout was perfect, but it's something about sleeping on others linen that heightens my senses. First off there was various stains on the walls and light switches and the ice trays in the freezer were dirty. The towels in the master bedroom were stained with something brown so this led my friend to do in detail inspection of the linens. He took the pillow cases off the pillows to inspect them and they were horrible so we bought our own pillow cases and pillows. Also we had to do our own cleaning and replenishing. It's not like when you're at a hotel were maids come in and replenish things like toilet tissue daily, we had to buy our own. When washing our clothes in the provided washer and dryer we discovered a note taped to the inside closet wall that ask us to "start washing towel and sheets" prior to our departure. This concerned me because it made us believe the stained towels were acutually dirty because the previous visitors failed to clean them. Also a fixture in the bathroom came tumbling down when my friend reached for a towel, so this was already tampered with. When we pulled out the suffer bed, dirt was all under it. Other than those concerns, the room was actuall ok after we bought some cleaning supplies, rags, etc. and cleaned.

Room Tip: Wash all your linens first or bring your own.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Vacationer8836

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Albany, NY
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Condo unit was very spacious and very, very clean. We had a second floor unit a short walk to the pool. Condo was nicely decorated and beds were comfortable. Full size washer dryer was a nice addition. We thoroughly enjoyed our week here and it was a great location to shopping and restaurants and of course Disney!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sheannb
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our 5 night condo rental was clean, well decorated, and the complex was nice. I too was concerned after reading some reviews but my fears were unjustified. This area was quiet, convenient and a GREAT bargain. So much space after being cramped in a hotel room together! Did not go to pool but it looked fine and was being used. Since the condos are indivually owned and managed you will need to do more research, but the condo community itself was great. There was a supertarget and publix and other stores/restaurants within about 2 miles or so.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TheCarolinaTraveller
sillot
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Got back from our holiday in Florida yesterday. Was a little worried as after I booked our apartment at Grand Palms I saw some really bad reviews. So relieved when we got there! The apartment we stayed in was 8836a Grand Palms, which we booked through DVRO. It was clean and well equipped. The communal swimming pool was lovely. The sun beds were comfortable and spotless. Grand Palms is so well positioned to get to Disney and Universal Studios and Seaworld in no time at all. There are supermarkets and restaurants within easy reach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank lionsroarsillot
Ontario
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Palms for two weeks in May 2011 with our 3 children. Looking at a few negative reviews I thought I would share our experience which was positive. We found the Grand Palms to be well maintained, with a nice uncrowded pool area and a hot tub as well. The grounds had an area for grilling dinner and an area where the kids could play. Units will vary as they are individually owned but ours was nice. We found the location to be perfect, only a few minutes to the Disney World parks. I would recommend this complex to anyone, we are returning for 12 nights again this May. I reviewed this once a few days ago and it never showed up, not sure why, so thought I would try again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ddawger
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The first thing we met with was having to step over curled up flooring to enter. Tried to put my guests in the master bedroom but was appalled at the filthy bathroom and moved them to the other bedroom.

Things were not even close to what was promised.

This was not anywhere near an upgrade from the calypso cay condos or the Mike Ditka resort which is what I originally called about. In either location or quality.
Carmen you describe this to me as luxurious, only if you would put a rundown days inn or knights inn in that category.
I was embarrassed to have my guests stay there.

We were also held hostage for a cleaning fee. Our initial discussion was that there would not be one. It was discussed and I was quoted a price for three nights which was less than 2 nights plus the cleaning fee. You assured me that I would not be charged if we only stayed 2 nights. I again asked when you called back asking for a second credit card authorization for the taxes to be paid directly to you, and was assured there would be no additional charges.
If we had not had tickets for an event in two hours after our arrival, and it was new years eve I would have walked out.
I tried to have maint correct the internet problem but was told he could not switch the non working modem and could not access passwords for other available signal. Had to leave condo for McDonalds to get any information.
Treid to contact mgt with no response. BEWARE

Room Tip: Find another company to book thru
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JJH470

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Davenport, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The pool area is the most disgusting, filthy community pool I have ever experienced. You can see for yourself in the photos the algae growing on the deck and chairs, the accumulation of dirt and debris, the spa was cloudy and I am sure you would receive a nasty bacterial infection if you went in. This place is never cleaned, the pool itself had not been vacuumed during the entire week. Did I mention the hair extension wrapped around a chair for a full week? Just gross. There are so many rentals out there, don't spend your hard earned vaction dollars on this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank ReneeW3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Champions World Resort
#13 of 152 in Kissimmee
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#17 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Grand Palms? Share your experiences!