“WHY have I never been to an Applebee's before???”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #170 of 804 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was on my list to try in the USA and in all my previous trips I had never got around to trying one. Well this all changed on my last visit and this has now become one of the must do's every time and a USA favourite.

Rewind to our family holiday to the Disney area last August / September, the plan said we were having a bbq in our villa but a typical stormy Florida afternoon put paid to that so instead we all hopped into the car and went to the nearest Applebee's.

Even though the car park was busy we got a table (for 4) straight away. We sat in a booth in the pleasant restaurant and started looking at the extensive menu. Our server came (Vince) and introduced himself and was absolutely excellent. He helped us make some informed menu choices, informed of us the special offers on food and drink and was just chatty enough to be friendly without being intrusive. In fact we leanred a lot of Vince and his life and he had visited London for an NFL game, so we chatted quite a bit about that. I would go as far to say that he was one of the best servers we ever have had the priviledge to meet.

As for the drinks, I was driving so could not partake in alcohol but my wife took advantage of the 2 for 1 offers, whilst the kids and I took the soft drink options.

The food was excellent, I had a duo (steak and chicken pasta), my wife had a steak, my son had baby back ribs and my daughter had mini cheeseburgers. ALL of our meals were tasty, plentiful and great value.

We all loved the Applebee's experience and want to visit again asap.

Highly, highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our family goes to Applebee's whenever we travel to the States. We have always been very happy with our meal. Traveling with 4 kids -3 of them teens/young adults can be expensive to feed! Applebee's offers a 2 for 20 deal where 2 people share one appetizer and each order one entree. This was great! We had 3 appetizers that were basically all set in the center of the table for everyone to enjoy and everyone in our party had a full size entree for 60$!
My husband and I enjoyed a 7oz. sirloin steak with baked potato and a side of veggies. It was very good.
The 2 older kids went back alone one of the last nights we were there and had the 2 for 25$ and cam back very happy.
The food is good and the service was great!

We will continue to go when we visit this area!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent value wide variety and good service. Great for lunch or brunch. Suspect evenings might not be best suited to younger families as live music is on th bill and it has a bar area although those with teenagers would probabaly enjoy it.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The employees and service at this location were impeccable! I can't say enough about the service we received here. If you visit this Applebee's location, you'll definitely want to request Jessica as your server. She is one of the bartenders, so you'll have to sit in the bar area, but it will definitely be worth it!

The food was much better than what I had expected and the service was outstanding!

I'll definitely go back!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Applebee's is not normally a place we would go to eat, but after a hot round of golf, we were hungry, thirsty, and looking for a place to eat quickly! Other places in the area were packed (and we didn't want to wait), and though Applebee's was busy, they had a table for 6.
I haven't been impressed with any Applebee's in the past, but their food is usually edible, so we thought it would suffice. We were pleasantly surprised! 3 people at our table had chicken pasta, and it was very good. Others had an entree salad, and beef or shrimp dishes, and were all pleasantly surprised. Food was good, drinks were good (and came quickly!), and we were all drunk & happy when we left! haha!
Our service was phenomenal...our server was great, food was hot and delivered fast, and a manager did come around to ensure we were pleased with everything.
I think this Applebee's is worth going to.