“A found treasure”

Magic Tree Resort
Thomasville, Georgia
“A found treasure”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I spent our 18th anniversary, three restful days at this resort. We were very pleased with the one bedroom unit. It was spacious, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. When I left and arrived home, I realized I didn't have my diamond anniversary ring. I called back to the hotel to inquire if maybe housekeeping had found it, they were closed, so I left a message for the head of housekeeping. On Monday, I called back to speak with the person in charge of housekeeping and was informed that they had searched the room to no avail. They advised me someone was in the room for the week, but they would look again when they checked out. I thought, I will never see my ring again.
However, I told the person I spoke to on the telephone where I believed I had left the ring and hung up the phone never expecting to hear from them again. In about half an hour, I received a phone call from the person in charge of housekeeping saying she'd found my ring exactly where I thought it was. They are in the process of returning it to me. Thank God for Ellie and Marie C. and for honest people.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dianna C
PIVacations, General Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments. Happy anniversary. We are happy to hear that you had a enjoyable and restful stay. We are glad to hear that our staff provided you outstanding customer service. Most of all, we are delighted to learn that our staff found your ring as we understand how important it is to you. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My son and I stayed at this resort for two days before my parents joined us. It was a nice, clean resort with plenty of things to do. It kept us well entertained on the days we didn't do Disney. We were able to rest well and enjoy frequent trips to the game room, pool and enjoy the endless freshly popped popcorn. While intimate, it offers some great amenities amongst them free laundry, a great pool that is open very late and very close approximation to Disney and varied restaurants and fast food places. Note: There is a full kitchen but do not buy groceries at the store nearest the resort. The food is of poor quality and is over-priced. There are plenty of grocery stores further up the main road. The hotel staff was friendly and respectful. If you have children, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the game room so that you can get access to the Internet. Choose a room on the s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Naima A
We appreciate your comments about your stay with Magic Tree. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. It’s great to hear that families benefit from our resort as it is our goal to create a warm and family-oriented environment. We look forward to your next stay soon.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I were very pleased with our accommodations! Rooms are very spacious and very clean! The service was fantastic! Friendly staff who offer free popcorn, free movie rentals, etc.... The resort is very close to Disney and to all shops and stores. Great location!

I would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend it to other families!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121 which was near the office so we had access to free WIFI.
3 Thank Momfromcanada
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our accommodations. It sounds like you enjoyed our amenities and resort. We are delighted to know that our staff was able to meet your needs. We look forward to your next visit.
Maracaibo, Venezuela
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Spent one week in this resort in Orlando. I have stayed in many resorts in the area and can say that this one was really nice. You will not find the huge facilities commonly found on the Westgate chain or Marriott however the rooms are spacious and very clean with also good cooking facilities. Amenities includes adults and children pool as well as a nice spa. A tennis court and a playground for the little ones are also available. Don't miss the free coffee and pop corns available during the day in the lobby. The staff is very very friendly and always willing to help making your stay confortable. The only delta I could say is that the location is a little far away from the big malls but very close to Disney parks area. I. general I can say that the experience was positive.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedrooms suit that was really good
1 Thank Alfredo B
We appreciate your comments about your stay with Magic Tree. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. It’s great to hear that families benefit from our resort as it is our goal to create a warm and family-oriented environment. It is our goal to provide you outstanding customer service as that is our top priority. We look forward to your next stay soon.
Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The property is an old property which has undergone a nice face lift. It is clean and well done. However, you can't change old bones. It is still a 1970's motel that has had the rooms connected to make one and two bedroom condos. You know it from the start when you enter your "condo" through the bedroom. It is obvious what the developer has done, taken an old run down property and try to update it into a modern condo. It is a failure. Take my advice and go somewhere else. There are well over 100,000 places next to the Orlando Theme Parks, pick another and enjoy your stay. I'm not saying it is bad, just so-so.

Room Tip: Pick a two bedroom unit
3 Thank hineconsult
PIVacations, General Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We value all of our guests' feedback even the negative ones as it provides us with input in making improvements that may be overlooked. We do strive to provide amenities that will enhance a guests stay and make it a memorable experience. We appreciate you giving our resort a try as we realize there are so many available choices.

Creston, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I'm not a vacation snob. I've stayed in four-star resorts and I've stayed in $30 hostels by the docks. Magic Tree resort, while not The Ritz, is an honest, clean, very well positioned property. We were there for two weeks. Our first maid would only change the towels. Our second maid (I'm assuming we had a different one for the second week) made beds, washed dishes AND changed the towels. Not sure why the difference... The pool and grounds are nice. The rooms are a little unconventional as they are actually two hotel rooms back-to-back.

Priced right, great location, friendly staff. Only complaint I might have is our room(123) smelled of mothballs or something similar. A deal breaker? Nope. The property has some kind of undefined charm. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office have Wi-Fi access. Rooms at the back might be a little quieter.
3 Thank CDNVistaCruiser
Thank you for your candid feedback. We agree with your comments about our resort being "priced right, great location and friendly staff." We feel those are definitely key features when staying at any resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service, high quality accommodations for a reasonable rate. We look forward to your return soon.

Kingston, Ont
Reviewed June 2, 2013

was looking for an affordable place to spend a week with ability to make meals, found this one online. What a wonderful find, clean well maintained with all the amenities of home. Its a bit of an older resort just off the main road so its fairly quiet yet close to disney and universal studios and all the premier outlet shopping your heart can handle. i loved the fact that the pool was just outside the unit door, and that my girlfriend and i had our own rooms and bathrooms.... heaven for any woman traveling.... Staff were very polite and accomodating, i will definitely book here again the next time I'm in the area....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Aqueouslover
PIVacations, General Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments of your stay with Magic Tree. Your glowing recommendation certainly stands out and confirms that our objectives of guest satisfaction and enjoyment are being met. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful time and took advantage of all of our convenient amenities. We look forward to your return soon.

Magic Tree Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
High Point World Resort
Silver Lake Resort
#8 of 152 in Kissimmee
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa

Been to Magic Tree Resort? Share your experiences!