“Worst Restaurant we have ever been to.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Italiano's Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - CLOSED

L'Italiano's Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worst Restaurant we have ever been to.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I don't usually post however I want to make sure people don't waste their time and money at this restaurant.

We received a salad which was not the salad we ordered, we had asked for bread when we ordered our drinks the waitress said that she would bring it after being reminded however we never received bread. We received the pizza and yes again not the pizza we ordered. Start to finish for our lunch was approximately 2 hours. Did I say they weren't busy, there were 2 other tables being waited on, one table walked out and the other table they got the wrong order.

When we received our bill, though she comped the salad she charged us more for the wrong pizza. BTW the pizza that we did get was obviously was a frozen pizza.

• Visited January 2014

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Love the pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I can't speak to what happened to all these other diners, but I've never had a bad experience here. While the service was a little slow, I expected that given that we ordered the stuffed pizza which takes a long time to cook. This stuffed pizza is fantastic. There is not a better stuffed pizza in Central Florida, that I've found (including Giordano's) if you can find them at all.

We are going to be back in the area later this week. I sure hope they are still open. We like to order one partially cooked to take back home with us.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“Mixed Messages”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This Italian eatery has a broad menu, including appetizers, salads, pizza and a variety of dinners. The marinara sauce was "American" style--like it was just popped out of a can, with no personality. Everything was "OK"; nothing was stellar, but also nothing was horrible. We took dessert back to our resort--cannoli and tiramisu...both were very good.
We ordered calamari for an app., and salad to share....dinner arrived and still no salad, so I told our waitress to cancel it, since it wasn't served...she told me they were going to serve it WITH our dinner, and it was being made right now...so, they forgot. (C'mon, I've NEVER had a salad served "with" the dinner!) I canceled it.
Prices are reasonable, and this would probably be a great place to take a family. There is plenty of seating, and the decor is casual Italian bistro, with black & white large-checked table coverings, etc., with both tables and booths. There are lots of windows on two sides of the dining area, along with tall ceilings, giving it an airy feeling.
And then there's the large TV screen hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the dining room! The TV was not too loud, but just the fact that it was there was very odd. On the way to the restrooms way in the back of the restaurant, I had to pass stacks of ceiling fan boxes, and area there just looked "junky". Bonus points for a clean restroom.
We personally would not go back here again by ourselves. If we had children along, or people who prefer run-of-the mill food, we would go back. There's nothing really "wrong" with the place, it is just not to our taste for Italian food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Poor food and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

While in kissimee me and my girlfriend thought the restaurant looked a nice place to dine, after entering the restaurant and been seated we wondered why we was the only people, soon it would become clear. The waitress took our drinks order and disappeared for ten minutes only to come back saying they had no bud and did we want something else? So my girlfriend ordered a red wine which they did have but was again slow to get. So for our food order I chose the succulent chicken tenders with the seasoned fries and a small tropical delight pizza, my girlfriend ordered a cheese pizza with mushrooms fresh garlic and jelapenos. What finally arrived was a frozen 1 dollar pizza from walmart for my girlfriend and what I got was what looked like some chicken selects from macdonalds and I'm sure the fries was from macdonalds too, I also got a chocolate delight desert which I sent back as I ordered a tropical delight. the waitress tried to make me the pizza but we said it did not matter as it had taken 1 Hour to get this far and we needed to get going or we would miss the fireworks at magic kingdom. Be the standard if the garbage food I'm glad in a way that it did not come, needless to say there was no tip given that night. I would advise people to stay away from this place as the food is a joke.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Central Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Owner - Disrespectful to Handicapped”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The owner tried to bully us into moving our handicapped van from in front of his restaurant. Said that the handicapped space was for his restaurant only. His harassment didn't work, we told him to go ahead and call the Police to have us towed. It didn't happen. We have the proper handicapped plates and he can not restrict a handicapped space just because it is in front of his restaurant. Due to his disrespect, rude and threatening behavior I would never enter his restaurant. After checking on the internet I found that ours was not a isolated incident, this is the norm for this guy. He is going to do this to the wrong person and they will call his bluff and contact the Police on him due to threats and harassment.

Visited August 2013