“Average motel, some maintenance and deep cleaning needed.”

Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We only stayed one night while driving through the area. However, the room was adequate and was the typical no-frills Motel 6 style. However, the curtains were broken and we were stuck in a smoking room (for non-smokers this is not so nice). With hotels all over Orlando sold out for the night this served as a good place to rest our heads and get on the road the next morning. There are lots of options in the area for a cheap breakfast. However, the staff at the motel were rude and snarky. When I told one to have a good day she replied, "Well, I'm at work," and then moved on to assist the next guest. That's unacceptable customer service in my opinion. Otherwise the stay was fine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keithandmissy

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed one night at the motel 6 March 17th 2012.

Pro's: Clean, friendly staff, quick check in, great location, across the street from Old Town and right behind a McDonalds.

Con's: Small would be the name for this place. There are many buildings in the complex but the rooms are really small, so small that the two beds took up the entire space. There was a pool but it was small and a laundry room but again really small only two washing machines. The ice machine and vending machines were in the lobby so that was a bit of a pain. No microwave or fridge.

I only stayed for one night the beds were comfortable and the hotel was quite. This is a clean quiet place. It is OK for the price paid.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rosetta66
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a one night stay at the cheapest place in the area. For only 38 dollars for the night this motel did its job. It had a pool and the room we had was very clean. Yeah the beds weren't the softest but still a good value for a day at Disney

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank cmanasian
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Well, first off, it's a Motel 6, so you're not getting the Ritz Carlton treatment. That being said, for under $40/night per room (assuming 2 travellers), you can't beat the value this hotel provides.

The rooms themselves are compact, featuring two double beds and a 19" CRT television. It's strictly bare-bones here. Through the years, though, Motel 6 improved on the (lack of) television selections. Whereas years ago all you got was HBO, ESPN and 3 network channels, now you have a choice of about 30 local and cable stations to view. The actual beds are very firm, which causes problems with those who like soft matresses, such as myself. The internet here runs $3/daily per computer, but don't expect to do anything more than web-browsing as it runs at speeds under DSL.

The sink and bathroom contain minimal toiletries - one small soap bar for each area, and a roll of thin toilet paper. No shampoo is in the room, although other toiletries can be had at a vending machine for a nominal fee. The cleanliness of my particular bathroom was a bit lacking, as I saw several hairs inside the shower. The quantity of the towels was enough to get by for two people. For 3-4 people, you need to request more towels.

Other than that, there isn't much else to say. It's a Motel 6, so you pretty much get a room and nothing more. Do not expect frills here. But, for $40/night, I feel I got my money's worth.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so those with heavy luggage or physical limitations should request a ground fl...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amd0576
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I spent many nites surfing the Web, reading reviews, prices, etc. and just on a fluck, decided to take a chance on Motel 6, booked 1 night, amazed at a spotless room/bath, everything worked, the cleanest basic place I needed. In the morning, I paid for 3 additional nights, good location, near Disney. Will surely return. Stayed here Dec/4-5-6/2011. FEAR NOT and enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank sleeplessinjax
Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you enjoy playing exterminate then this is the place for you! I checked in late and just about an hour of being in my room i had to complain of the infestation of roaches and spiders. First thing to great me in my room was a roach in the tub, and after that about nine others followed. They came out from the back of the bed boards and the counter tops. I had to move the bed away from the wall hoping they will not crawl on us while we sleep. I immediately took our bags to the car for fear of them laying eggs, and at this point it was so late in the night that i had to stay sleeping there. I went to sleep in my jeans and sweater hoping i don't wake up with bitten. The next morning i didn't even shower or use the bathroom because they don't look like they get cleaned after every stay. The carpet had weird stains, i reserved a non-smoking room but got a smoking room which was almost impossible to breath. The next morning I got a refund for the night and the following day we had booked. The staff didn't seem surprised and they tried getting rid of us quickly so others checking in don't hears us. Ended us at a best western and wow, what a difference an extra $15 bucks makes!

Room Tip: No room is safe from the infestation!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Jesse R
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Quite close to Disney world and there is a smaller amusement park across the street. Rooms are really cheap (42 $) but not very nice. This motel have not been remodelled for several years and is one of the worst I've seen.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends