“You Get What You Pay For”

Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate West
Ranked #106 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Brandon
“You Get What You Pay For”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I used to work at Motel 6, and I must say this room I got was below standard to the other room I got three years ago from this motel while working for Motel 6. We paid thirty dollars for two people so I won't complain but this room definetly needed repairs. Discolored walls from water leaks in the bathroom roof, wood rotting at the bottom of the bathroom baseboards, the carpet was so dirty by kids had black feet after running around on it. Everything else was fine in the room. Please write off petty cash out of the cash register, and buy a couple new playpens for this motel. We didn't get much sleep at all because my two year old was running around the room the whole night making noises. We only had a crib at home, and we didn't have room in our car after packing all our things for a playpen. I have not had a problem with Motel6 not having a playpen in the past. The website said you had one but upon arrival we were upset to find out that you didn't. We were tired of driving, and decided to stay anyway but we couldn't wait to leave. Overall I would say if you don't want to spend alot of money in a hotel, and plan on going to Disney than this is the place for you. If you have young toddlers you probably won't get sleep here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Alicia29Brandon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seminole, FL
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I stayed here overnight on a Saturday a few weeks ago, attracted by by the very low rate of 23.99. I travel often, and that's the least I have ever paid for a chain hotel. I had an expired coupon which would have saved me another $4.00 if could have used it, but that was no big deal.
Check-in was polite and efficient. I requested a second floor room, since they are always quieter and safer. This Motel 6 has a few long rows of two-story rooms, all exterior entry.The pictures here are accurate. It was a very small room, about 6 feet shorter in length than say a typical Holiday Inn room. Amenities were few, only small bars of soap, no shampoo. The bathroom was again small but very clean, with a curved shower curtain rod and plenty of hot water. Beds were firm and comfortable.
There was one incident I should report, though. Being a weekend, a fairly large group of young adults rented a room to hold a party, and some sketchy looking kids were running around below my room, naturally. This didn't bother me until 1:00 AM when somene decided to blast an air horn in the parking lot. I immediately called the front desk. The clerk said he couldn't leave his counter, but he would take care of it. And the noise promptly stopped a few minutes later.
Overall, I was pleased with this Motel 6. The location is ideal, and the price can't be beat. I would recommend it for short stays and small groups. Larger families should consider chains that offer suites.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Ok, lets start with location:

LOCATION:

Google Earth:
Latitud: 28°20'3.97"N
Longitud: 81°35'5.79"W

1. It is VERY near from all the Disney Parks, really near, about 6 minutes, eaven in a traffic jam.
2. There is a 7 eleven right around the corner
3. It´s on the 192, this avenue crosses almost all Kissimmee
4. If you follow the 192 to the WEST, you´ll find the 27, half a mile to the north there is a Walmart 24/7
5. There is a Dennys closeby
6. Lots of stores to do last minute shopping BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED: The prices of the gift stores are in most cases more expensive than the prices in the parks and the quality of the items are below.
7. The I-4 is about 7 miles away
8. The Premium Outlets its about 12 miles
9. The Universal Studios are a little far, but if you take the I-4 and then Universal Drive or the one on the back, you can make it in 18 minutes at the most.
10. No mayor Malls around the area just a Target over 192 West.

GENERALS:

• It´s cheap, I mean it´s a Motel 6. It cost me $182 (tax included) for 5 nights on holyday season.
• It is not too clean but not too dirty. The only bad thing was that the room 136 had a smell of moisture combined with feet bad smell, not annoying but not comfy to live with. As we got there too tired to complaint, I went to the Walmart and got some odor killers and refresheners. Problem solved.
• The bathroom was ok, a little not well washed but ok.
• The bathtube had some moisture stain on it and my little son wanted to have a “swim”, so I bought some CLOROX. I bet no bacteria make it!!!
• The swimming pool looked clean, crystal clear water and well attended, did not tested because the water was not heated and the weather was chilling.
• The front desk personal always prompt and nice
• The cleaning staff, always trying to clean the room as soon as possible, so they end his turn early, sometimes they knock the door until you open to say: NOT YET LADY!
• One thing. DO NOT PUT TOGUETHER the beds. I needed a King, there is not one room with this, so I told the front desk guy If it was ok to joint both beds. I did, but the cleaning staff did not make the beds because they were together, they did them until I separated again. Not a big problem but there was a lack of communication there.
• The cleaning staff does the rooms any other day. The pairs one day and the nones the other.
• AC worked fine
• Hot watter all time
• Parking space always available but almost never close to our room.
• The best places to stay are the rooms on front of the hotel or the ones on the East bound side.
• Never had a problem of stolen or damage property
• Never heard a thing from other guests
• The Hotel is kind of hidden a few meters of the 192, that makes it kind of quiet and private.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Renan M
paris
Reviewed March 1, 2009

After staying there in 2007, I decided it was worth a try to come back while in the Orlando area.
I'm still not disappointed with this motel; the front staff is very nice and I must say the maid went out of her way to answer every demand I had; I got plenty of towels every day ( even if I was traveling alone and not using all these towels ), the room was clean, so were the bathtub and the toilet.
Really, when you're out all day, you don't need more; buy yourself nice toiletries if you want with the money you did not spend on a pricey room!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank mbcParis
South Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We checked in after a late night at Epcot. The lady at the front desk was nice and very helpful when we called trying to find it. She was equally nice at check in and check out.

HOWEVER, the room was horribly kept. There were ZERO towels in the room. NO SOAP, and barely any toilet paper. There were four of us - me, my hubby and two little boys. Thankfully they didn't need toilet paper, but in six hours we ran out - and there was no extra roll. We did not use the tub, but there were pubic hairs in it - so if we had planned to use it, we would not have. Yuck!

What was worse, was the smoke smell in the room. This was a non-smoking room with an ash tray. But we were all so exhausted we just went to sleep. We were checking out early in the morning anyway.

I would never recommend staying here, nor would we stay there again. I'd rather pay $20 more and get a nice place on Priceline or something. Our rate was $29 for the night (with taxes) booked through their website.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
13 Thank annieb727

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Just spent a long weekend in O-town, spent lots of time at the parks, just needed a nice, clean, place to sleep. This was just great. Friendly staff, clean room, located close to Disney parks (5 minutes). Lots of restaurants, stores, and shops around. Room was small (just 2 beds, no table, chairs) but the bathroom was larger than most. This was a great place for the price. If you are a family on a budget and don't need a lot of room, stay here. Also, the pool was small but clean. Would definitely stay here agian.

• Liked — Price, value
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank NamathTravels
New England
Reviewed October 21, 2007

If you are looking for some luxury experience, you won't get it here. What you will get is an efficent, clean room, a nice staff, and a price that can't be beat - I got a deal for $28/night.

It's not brand new by any means, but not in disrepair either. It's in a quiet section of 192 literally about a minute from Disney property. In fact, it's closer to some of the theme parks (MGM especially) than some of the places actually ON Disney property. The location was just perfect for someone like me that just wanted quick access to the parks.

If I was taking a once in a lifetime family reunion trip, I'd probably choose some place more upscale. But for a young family, singles, or couples, it really can't be beat. While staying "in the magic" on Disney is great, it can also be nice to get a little quiet place like this to sleep/shower in between park runs. I'm staying again in a few weeks before a big family trip (we have a condo rented) and really feel like I've found a great place to spend the night.

• Liked — Great price, efficent service
  • Disliked — No complaints whatsoever
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo