Westgate Towers Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenjacuzzi tubwasher and dryerdiscount ticketsliving roomtimeshare presentationthe check in processwi fifree breakfastguest servicesweek staywater parkdisney parksfitness centerper dayshuttle serviceorlando area
FilterAll languages
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed October 27, 2004

My wife and I toured Westgate on October 10, 2004. We stayed at the Ramada Inn located about 1/4 mile away from the property for four nights as part of a vacation package. This Ramada Inn is owned by Westgate. In order to get a discounted stay at the hotel and the two free Disney World tickets my wife and I had to take a sales presentation tour at Westgate. Our hotel room was filthy. There was dead bugs everywhere and cobwebs in the corners. We were able to get moved to a clean room. On our tour we were greeted by Matt Hemmis who was our guide. Matt seemed to enjoy having us around until the end. This is because I would not fall for any of their sales tricks. I don't remember the salesman's name who came to our table when we were done with the tour. The first sales trick he tried was that there was going to be a price increase on all units on Tuesday. When I was asked what week I was interested in buying I said the third week in July I was told that week was not available. However it may be available from someone who owns at the property and has traded up. When they went and
checked to see if the third week in July was available through a resale to nobody's surprise it was available. The sales price was $17000. When I refused to buy Matt said he would get another individual to come check us out since my wife and I enjoyed being renters. This last individual still tried to sell me a one week vacation package to return to the property for $795. When I said no the price dropped immediately to $595. I still said no. During the entire sales pitch nobody ever told me if the week I was buying was an annual week or a bi-annual week. I was also never told what my yearly maintanance fees would be on the property. After returning home I have searched several web sites for timeshare resales. It appears to me most of Westgates timeshares are bi-annualweeks. The selling price for the resales range from a low of $5000 to a high of $11000. If you ask me nothing at Westgate is worth their $17000 sales price. So if you want to buy a timeshare at Westgate do it through an individual selling their own and save yourself several thousand dollars.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We have made many improvements since you last stayed with us and hope that this experience does not deter you from staying at any of our other Westgate Resorts.

buffalo, ny
Reviewed August 31, 2004

Book them for 64@night through expedia, they give us the wrong room had us waiting infront of a lock door for 30 min. We sat on the floor waiting for someone to open the door for us no one came. My husband went down to complain, they got mad and called the police, in the meantime another lady was yelling and scrameing because they moved her three times. Come to find out they give us the wrong room to begin with. Needles to say they no longer wanted us there. We left and I called expedia to tell them how upset I was and what was I going to do. They book me into DoubleTree resort, they was great they even upgrade my room. Stay away for Westgate they are the devil.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Long Pond, PA
Reviewed June 28, 2004

We stayed here for 3dys. Nov. 2003 The unit was ok. 1 bdrm but i thought it was small for a timeshare. The kitchen wasn't well equipped. They left dirty towels and garbage outside of our room. We had to call to have it removed. The decor was contemporary, but all this was not worth the high pressure 90 min+ sale.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed April 25, 2004

I am only 20 yrs old and have visited here twice, once w/ my parents on a sales offer and again w/ my best friends for my 20th birthday because i enjoyed it so much the first time. My parents had to endure the horrible sales presentation, but this review is about the hotel itself. I honestly feel the hotel is very relaxing and comfortable. I dont feel that people see the hotel for itself because of the sales pitches the management burden you with. I think they should let the hotel sell itself. The accomadations were wonderful, the floorplan is beautiful and my favorite parts are the jacuzzi tub, big screen tv and screened patio. Westgate will always be my vacation spot every time i visit Orlando!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back to stay with us again!

Best regards,