“The place is very dated!”

Westgate Towers Resort
Ranked #32 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I would not stay here again. The place is dated inside and out. We saw several bugs - roaches. The appliances, particularly the stove didn't work well. We had to call maintenance a couple of times. The floors on the outside & the elevator was hideous. Not going back! I've been to Orlando many times. I'd rate this as tied for worst stay. The barbecue restaurant next door to it is good, however.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Gready
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each room is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. I would like to apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. We would love to have you back at our resort.

Ariel

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Staff was nice, hotel was clean, a bit out-dated but good enough to get by for the weekend.
I called prior to booking to ask if they were pet friendly.The female on the phone said yes. So I decided to book the room and come to find out when I check-in there is a pet 'cleaning fee' of $170.00, with a deposit hold of $100.00. I wish the female would've informed me of the fee when I called prior to booking... but what could I do at that point? The $170.00 pet fee was MORE than what I even spent for my whole 2 night-stay. (I'm not the richest person in the world, my family and I was unable to go to Disney since we couldn't afford the tickets after paying the fee.) Another problem was the location of the ice machine. Out of the whole resort there was ONE ice machine, in an entire different building on the 4th floor... all the way at the back on the building...(took about 10 minutes to find) By the time I got back to my room from my ice adventure, my ice was nearly melted. Very inconvenient. One extra inconvenience was lack of electricity outlets...there were none near my bed, I had to charge my phone near the bathroom sink, inaccessible to use while I was watching TV. Never staying at a Westgate again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

You may bring your pet to your vacation to the Westgate Towers, there is an applicable pet fee for doing so. We apologize if the policy put a damper in your vacation. We are constantly working on renovations at the resort and will be taking your suggestions under consideration. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

stayed at westgate towers 27oct-3nov. Had bottom floor with large balcony and easy access to pool. the pool was suppose to be heated , but it seemed they turned it off during the day and at night the pool was to cold to swim. The rooms are clean and nice. Not to many people at this location during this time so that was nice to .Most of the rooms were empty. The only thing that this westgate resorts needs is to change the blinds to curtains. If you stay on the bottom the lights from outside are so bright that it's like day light all night long in you bedroom. I purchased chip clips and used the extra sheets for the coach and clipped the sheets up to block out some light and that was a small dent in that . If you are an owner beware , they will lie to you to get you to go to owner review. they will tell you that new owner cards are needed if you did not get one by mail and you need to go to review. I knew this was already bad news and went just to get my somewhat free breakfast. I will never get back the 3hrs they took from me when it was to be 1hr only. I told them I did not need a review and all it is it to try to get more money that dont deserve out of you. So owners don't waste your time with owner reviews. they will tell you anything thats not true to get you to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at Westgate Towers. Thank you for referring to our suites as “clean and nice”. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of attending one of our timeshare presentations and we apologize if this distracted you from your family vacation. Participation in our timeshare presentations is voluntary; however, we do offer incentives in exchange. We certainly hope that you will stay with us again to allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Josie

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Staff was welcoming and accessible. The facilities were clean and comfortable and family oriented. Everything was moderately price and the food was good (quantity and taste). Would definitely go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that our staff was courteous to your needs. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and you were able to find it clean and comfortable. We feel honored that you will be returning and look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely, Idalise

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I probably should have been worried when my husband sent me a link to a hotels.com flash sale that let us book a 1-bedroom suite for $69/night, but we had just bought annual passes to the Kingdom of the Mouse and I was busy at work. Note to self: you get what you pay for, and around Disney, you WILL pay for it. I would recommend this place for a family on a budget that isn't picky about their surroundings as long as they are clean and mostly comfortable, who isn't on a tight time schedule.
PROS: Very clean. Directly on the Kissimmee strip (also a con), so in addition to tacky souvenir shops, any number of inxpensive greasy restaurants are immediately available (we hit Denny's, Golden Corral and Chick-Fil-A). If you are of a certain age, the decor affords you an excellent opportunity to revisit your glory days, provided said days include big hair and acid-washed jeans with Coca-Cola sweatshirts. About a 10-minute drive to Magic Kingdom, parking lot to parking lot. The bathroom was newly renovated with a new shower stall, a jacuzzi tub and fresh paint. The sink (marble) looked to be original.
CONS: The shuttle was useless for our family, as we have children that need to nap mid-day unless we want to be THOSE parents pushing a stroller full of screaming tots at 5 p.m. It goes to Epcot, twice in the morning and comes back once in the early evening. There was a similar schedule for Sea World and Universal. So, we drove, which led to children falling asleep in the car and then waking up as they were being transferred on the looong walk across the parking lot (there are no spaces anywhere near the door) and refusing to go to sleep for an actual nap. We are only staying in places that have continuous shuttles from now on, which pretty much means Disney Resorts and members of the Downtown Disney Resort Association. No matter what time it is, when you check in they will start trying to sell you a timeshare, promising you free breakfast at the attached Sizzler. You will need to interrupt them and emphasize that you are not interested, but at that point they will leave you alone. The bed was firm but the sheets were bargain-basement linen service and honestly scratchy, with flat pillows. At least they gave 6. The exterior walls were huge sliding doors, which was a bit strange with the 18-inch balconies. They only had vertical blinds, so the lights from the strip kept the room nice and bright all night and ensured an early wake-up.
I honestly can't decide if the decor is a pro or a con, so I am just going to describe it. I think it depends on your sense of humor and your need to be surrounded by granite countertops. The appliances were a charming beige bisque, and the wire shelving in the refrigerator really took me back. The entertainment centers (one in the living room and one in the bedroom) were a fascinating blend of forest-green marbleized laminate accented with carnation pink. They perfectly coordinated with the forest-green pleather pull-out sofa and the molded concrete lamps with gold lame palm fronts. Very tropical in a Miami-Vice meets Golden Girls kind of way. Surprisingly, the floor was 18-inch eggshell tile - like they time-warped to the 00's when they did the floor, or maybe just updated the floor and put the old furniture back. They carried the mirrored-wall theme, found in nearly every available wall in the bedroom, to the closet in the living room. While well-appointed, the bathroom (except for the poop closet) was open to the bedroom, so if you are of the sort of family that doesn't like to shower in front of each other in glass-walled shower stalls, you will be pretty uncomfortable. Then again, with the mirrors on the bedroom wall, I don't think this suite was made for that sort of family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank watergirl76Florida
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We certainly appreciate all feedback. As you mentioned we are centrally and for some conveniently located to the attraction areas of Central Florida. We do offer a shuttle service which many owners and guests find convenient to their plans.We are sad that our accommodations and decor did not meet your expectations. All in all we are glad that you found our rooms to be clean and our location convenient for your vacation.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Westgate is so big there were so many pools and activities to get involved in. Did not get to do all the activities, though they were good for the young kids to keep entertained during the week.
Staff and Guest Services at the Towers were fun and friendly. Quick response to our needs.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the main roads
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, they all strive to provide you with the best vacation experience possible. We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities and activities. It truly was our pleasure to assist you and can't wait for you to visit us again!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our room was severely out-dated, lots of 80s pastel. Fortunately, our reservation was for just one night. Our one-bedroom lockoff (211A & 211B) was locked when we arrived, that was kind of a hassle. After joining the rooms, we found the bathroom in the Two Queen room had glass walls and the wall-sized mirror behind the hot tub was placed just right, opposite the toilet - not what a family wants at their vacation resort! The aluminum trim at the pocket door was loose... and sharp! The "balcony" was somewhere btwn 18" and 24" wide, hardly enough to stand on, let alone sit back. Our room was just across from a building entry that had seating outside the door, where a group of rowdy young men had decided to sit & stay a while. Turning down the bed, we noticed bits of brown stuck to the sheets. We were able to eliminate bugs and decided to say somehow cardboard had gotten into the laundry, it was everywhere. Westgate claims their interest in saving resources yet requests their guests run the dishwasher before checking out - I ran the dishwasher with one place, one glass and a fork. What a waste!

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper level, away from all entrances.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We take pride in offering a vacation experience unlike any other. We hope that you will stay with us again soon to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.