“Great place to stay with family”

Westgate Towers Resort
Ranked #32 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were able to check in early and catch the Epcot shuttle which was great! The room was very clean, but there was an air conditioning problem that did not get solved while we were there for the night. At least we had air, but the filter was filthy and caused husband to get a sinus infection. My advice is to check a/c filter before you leave and come back too late for the day crew to take care of. Ms. Carrillo was very accommodating and refunded our money with no hassle. We would stay there again, because aside from air conditioning issue, the property is awesome. I also agree that the bed was very comfortable. We were next to stairs and had no issue with noise. I gave a low rating for cleanliness because of the air filter. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We apologized for the issue that you experienced and for any inconvenience it may have caused. We are happy that the management staff was able to accommodate your issue. We are delighted that you found your villa to be comfortable. Thank you for saying Westgate Towers is awesome! We are looking forward to your family staying with us again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Quick check-in, beautiful rooms, great staff! This hotel is just wonderful! Close to Disney Parks, and tons of other attractions. Our room had a great view of Disney's Yeti ride and we could even see some of the fireworks from the balcony! The washer and dryer was a plus! The bed was so comfortable and the hot tub was a perfect way to end a long day. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the in room amenities of washer and dryer, hot tub and the wonderful view from your balcony. We are happy you found your villa to be comfortable. Our resort is conveniently located to Walt Disney World and has easy access to other area attractions and shopping. We are thrilled that you will be returning and can’t wait for your next vacation with us!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our stay @ Westgate Towers was WONDERFUL! Our studio accommandations were GREAT! Front Desk /Guest Services Personnel were very friendly and helpful. HATS OFF to Judy @ the Guest Services' desk. She was AWESOME. KOODOOS to Marcus(Guest Services) and Edwin(Front Desk Registration). We will be coming back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor which allowed us to watch fireworks from Magic Kingdom every night. The s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff makes every effort to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and we are pleased that you experienced that! Thank you for saying our resort is wonderful. We are happy that the room you reserved was exactly what you needed. We are looking forward to your next vacation with us!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I only stayed one night here but my overall experience was great. The price was not bad at all for what I got. I had no problem checking-in, I was given free cookies and the option of what floor I wanted to be on and if I wanted the room that was slightly bigger with a hot tub. The only bad thing about those rooms is that you are placed next to someone else's room and theres the door that divides you. But my room (with no hot tub and no door to another room) was great and the size was fine. The resort is literally like minutes away from Disney. I will be back at this resort again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Westgate Towers. We expect our staff to provide you with excellent customer service and are pleased that they were able to assist you with your room assignment. We hope that the next time you are in town you will be able to stay with us much longer, so that you may enjoy all the amenities the resort has to offer.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The main idea was to go to disney. The location is REALLY pretty easy to get to and from the disney parks. We were gonna just drop off our bags the day we were going to check in because we got in really early about 10am. They let us check in which was a super bonus. The rooms were really spacious (I suggest you either get house slippers or regular slippers to use in door as everything was tiled). We rented 2, 2 bdrm units and they had us side by side near the elevator. There are 3 pools on property and 2 of them close at dusk and 1 closes at 11pm. Each pool has different depths. The gym facility was pretty small and enclosed but still functional. They lady that checked us in was Gloria she was super helpful and friendly everytime we needed something. Washer and dryer in the units and if you ran out of detergent you can just go down to front desk and ask for more. Pots,pans, dishes and glassware were pretty modern and clean. There were a few issues. The facility itself is a little dated. Found out a little about the history. It was an old hotel renovated by westgate to timeshare units. The hot tub was not of average size about half the size of a normal one but still functional. The bathroom in the adjoining room was really tiny. We called the maintenance on check in because our adjoining rooms were locked in both units. Also our phone was not working. The maintenance man said that was typical that some of the numbers on the phones dont work so use another one in the unit. You also get a message everyday letting you know about the activities over at the westgate resorts since most everything is there. Westgate resorts is across the street and really super massive and much more modern. Every activity they have will be held there. Although the resorts will be much nicer and modern and posh the towers was great because not as many people are staying there and it's like you have the whole building and swimming pool to yourself. The whole time we were there (2 weeks) we only shared the pool once. The walls tend to be a little thin as we could hear our friend from across the hall laughing. But aside from that. It was a great experience the front desk was MUCH more helpful then the front desk at the westgate resorts. One last thing. The AC in our adjoining room wouldn't get down past 73 degrees and when called the AC crew they came up and said it's working fine when CLEARLY it wasn't. He was pretty rude and not helpful at all. We ended up leaving the door to the living room wide open and turning our fan on high so we can pull in and circulate whatever cold air we could. Florida is really hot and humid so this WAS an issue.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Westgate Towers Resort. We are very sorry that you experienced any challenges at all during your stay with us. It is good to know however that our front desk staff was able to assist you in anyway they could. We expect all of our staff to provide you with outstanding customer service. We have taken note of the maintenance issues that you experienced and we will be sharing them with the appropriate staff at the resort. We are so happy that you and your family were able to enjoy your time with us and we hope you will return for your next vacation.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The check in was a little frustrating being that they could not find my reservation and when i was calling just for directions i kept getting transferred around because i guess no one wanted to tell me how to get there if i wasnt really staying there.....finally got there i had to email them my confirmation from the website i booked from and they made a reservation for me. i asked for a renovated unit and lucky they had one! i aske for a top floor prefferbly corner unit and my request was granted i was so excited. walked in the room and i was pleased! 1 bedroom condo with two bathrooms, jacuzzie tub seperate shower! i really cant complain. one thing is that the little kiddie pool was not heated so i had to hang out by the stairs in the bigger pool with my babies. other than that great location, great accomidations for the money!

Room Tip: top floor i believe has all renovated units!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Towers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy your room accommodations and the resort amenities. Our staff is there to assist you in anyway they can and we are pleased that we were able to meet your request. We are sorry that you experience any challenges in getting to our resort and your reservation. We will continue to work with our partners and our staff to ensure these things don’t continue to occur. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again and look forward to your next vacation with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a great vacation in Florida, largely due to the room I got with Westgate Towers. I got the Studio with the full kichen and a washer and dryer. I did not have the ajoining room that some complained about. One staff member inparticular was very professional. Her name was Myrna. She checked on the availability of the room and helped me determine which room would fit my needs best. I had called before and got someone that was less helpful. Once I talked with Myrna, I knew I was picking the right place to stay. I took video of my room to show my family and we may take a family vacation to Florida. If we do, we will stay at Westgate Towers again.
I only ate out 3 times and i stayed there for 7 days and 6 nights. Great value.
I also loved the lap pool!! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your review. We expect all our team members to provide you with excellent customer service at all times and we are happy that our front desk was able to assist you with your room assignment. We are glad that you were able to make use of the full size kitchen during your stay. We like incorporating kitchens in our units, because we know it can help make a family vacation much more affordable. We are thrilled that you will be returning and look forward to your next stay with us.