Checked in on Friday evening with minimal hassle and only had to say no twice to taking the tour with the explanation that we own other time shares and are Disney passholders so we didn't need theme park ticket or money or coupons for meals. The room was absolutely just what I wanted for a quick getaway weekend with the hubby. On the 5th floor facing Disney property so we might watch the fireworks without having to be in the park at night. We unpacked and went to dinner and the grocery to pick up a couple things. Upon return, we were a bit chilled as the weather had turned cold and rainy, and tried to turn on the heat in the room. The thermostate was easy to use so we set the heat and waited and waited. The vents never blew any air, cold or hot so we called for maintenance. Very prompt service and the gentleman that came up was extremely nice. Apparently the coils in the unit had frozen up for some reason, no fault of ous, and we would not be getting any heat or air from that unit so we would have to change rooms. Within 30 minutes someone had brought us a new set of keys to move a door down and across the hall. No mor Disney view for me, better yet I end up with a wonderful view of the parking lot which I couldn't even see because we had to close the blinds due to the parking lot lights shinning directly into our rooms. We had our very own spotlights. I thought ok, we will just deal with it and enjoy the rest of the weekend because it really is a nice room. That is unti you try to go to sleep. Every sound that is made in the parking lot sounds like it is in the room with you, including the couple who had a bit of a very loud verbal disagreement at 3 am about the need to be quiet. Still dealing... Now to wake up and move on and enjoy the rest of the weekend, only we have no hot water, used it last night so we know it was ok then but now apparently the entire complex is without and they don't know when it will be back. So now here we are waiting on another necessity so we can shower and get on with or weekend plans. I am really starting to regret staying here despite the beautiful room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oversized Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Towers Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, is a Disney area hotel that offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious one- and two-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities, including three heated outdoor pools, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Towers Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Westgate Towers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Towers Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee