“pleasantly surprising!”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were a couple, with no kids staying here so I didn't have my hopes too high. However the low price, ease for visiting disneyworld and the little mermaid themed room had me convinces. It was a bit confusing to checkin and get to our room to begin with but once we had that figured out it was great. Definitely a cheap motel type building but Disney do a great job of adding details to make it feel better then that. The little mermaid touches in the room, the disney toiletries and the various installations throughout the resort all help. Good job Disney!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wishwellingtons
Write a ReviewReviews (7,208)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I did not have high expectations for this stay because I had stayed at one of the all star resorts before and knew they were not the best. But this resort was really ok. My young son insisted we stay here and get a finding Nemo room. It turns out that the Nemo rooms are right in the center of the hotel complex. we were very close to the food and the big blue pool and the bus stop. My son was so thrilled with the animation statues that we had to take pictures of him with each one.The buildings are basic concrete blocks-nothing special but Disney does a great job with placing statues and painting so that it feels better than it actually is. Our room was a Nemo Suite and it is smaller than it looks on the photo of course but still bigger than a normal room. My son was excited to sleep on the Murphy bed and it was actually a regular matress that was just as comfortable as the regular bed. We had a fridge and a microwave and it was great having two bathrooms. We liked the pool and the food at the food court was really good. The only one complaint I had was that there was a bad smell that was coming out of the sink drain in the main bathroom. I kept it plugged and it stopped. I should have called about it but I didn't figure where it was coming from right away. Overall I would stay here again. It seemed to be centrally located and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Nemo rooms are at the very center. Cars and Animal Kingdom are next and Mermaid room are the furthes...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pgalaska
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family and I ventured to Disney in September and stayed at the Art of Animation. This place is awesome. The girls were in all the minute we walked in the door and it got better as we went to our room. The life size statues of the Lion King, Nemo and Little Mermaid were simply amazing. There is a cars area but we did not get to that part. The pool area is also pretty cool because you can hear music under the water. My only issue with the resort is the park transportation is very far from the outer buildings. This is a must do value resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WILLIAM W
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed here for two nights during our two week stay in Orlando. We have previously stayed at top-end Disney resorts such as Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I must say we loved this place. It was welcoming, bright, fun and just a lovely place to stay for the proper Disney lovers. You are surrounded by oversize statues of the characters and everywhere is colourful and welcoming. We stayed in a Car themed suite and it was faultless. Large comfy beds, small kitchenette and spacious seating area. Large bathroom and a very spacious shower area. The three pools are brilliant with underwater music playing in the main pool. There are activities around the main pool all day long and my two children even joined in (11 & 15). The arcade was a fun place for all ages and the shop well equipped with all items needed. The restaurant had brilliant choices of food from salads, wraps, burgers, pizza and more. reasonably priced too from what we could see. I would even consider staying here longer next time and giving International Drive a miss and staying at a Disney property for my full stay. Expect plenty of children as it is a perfect place for all ages.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lunnpolylil
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking for 2 adults , child themed resort we had a great time. Great location for parks and downtown disney. All the disney standards at hotel clean friendly safe for kids at the pool with life guards on duty being very enthusiastic. We were in the little mermaid part of resort an only had to use the smaller pool which wasnt small and was a bit quieter . Cafe was easy to use with a great selection of meals .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jackodanapoint
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This resort is awesome! You completely get submerged in Disney which is great. The themeing is excellent. My children loved the big nemo themed pool as well as the smaller pool in the Little Mermaid section that we stayed in. The food options were so much better than the other disney value resorts. My favorite was the create your own pasta! I have nothing negative to say about this resort, it was perfect!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jennifer g
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Location. Staff extremely helpful. Food great. 4 great disney areas cars, lion king, nemo and the little mermaid. We stayed in the mermaid area, the room looked superb we will be visiting again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!