“Fantastic”

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Spent a terrible first night on holiday at the Disney All Star Resort - could not sleep all night due to hundreds of kids in the resort, who spent most of the night shouting etc. After complaining and asking to be moved to to a quieter room, they sent us to the new Disney Art of Animation resort. They had also upgraded us to a suite which was fantastic as my daughter and I had separate rooms, en-suite etc. We were in the Cars section [floor 3] of the resort which had a small pool outside. It was fantastic and quiet. The rooms were well kept and maintenance arrived within 5 minutes of registering a fault with the sink which was repaired. The restaurant was great, I loved the choice and quality of the food. OK you had to wait on the fish being cooked, but the staff chatted while you waited and the fish was fresh and tender. I stayed in the Riverside resort previously and the food was not as good as this. The tables etc. were clean and staff friendly. The best thing about the stay was that the resort wasn't at full capacity as they were still finishing off 2 blocks - this meant there was no queues for food and plenty of seating on the buses. We stayed for 2 weeks and had a fantastic time - for us it was a Dream Come True.

Room Tip: Pick something away from the main large pool area and higher up which would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Sheherizad
Write a ReviewReviews (7,276)

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Our family has now visited Disney world 48 times over the last 34 years. We have stayed in all their accommodations from deluxe to value. We just recently stayed at the Art of Animation in the Brand new Lion King section. Here are my thoughts:

1) the rooms are suites with two bathrooms, a pullout couch, a Murphy bed, a mini kitchen with refrigerator and microwave, two large flat screen TVs and a separate bedroom with a door and a queen bed. The theming is wonderful from the headboards to the shower curtain. The room was spotless. The AC worked fine. The grounds had all kinds of characters from Lion King and were great.

2). The food court is spacious and has all kinds of food choices. I read reviews that said the lines were long. If you don't want long lines then eat at off peak times. We had breakfast before 9, lunch after 1 and dinner after 7 and had no problems at all. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. In fact they came around and offered to take our trays and plates away for us!

3) Yes you will have to walk a little from the parking lot and people have complained about that. I have another news bulletin for you. Disneyworld involves a lot of walking everywhere. If walking is a problem then I submit that Disney may not be the place for you

4) the pool is the largest of all the pools on Disney property. It contains a cute little sprinkler area complete with cute characters and rubberized flooring for toddlers. The pool is zero entry to ensure easy access. I did notice that there is not a lot of shaded areas so that may be an issue for some families. There is a bar and a soda station where refillable mugs may be used

5) There were some posts complaining about noise from children. This is Disney and children are everywhere, I am not sure what the remedy for this is other than all parents doing the best they can.

6) I would rate this hotel as a Value Resort Plus. The suites are beautiful and the bathrooms are a definite upgrade from the other value resorts. The food court has more freshly made meals, theming is over the top and the pool is the largest of any Disney resort

A caution is that the Little Mermaid section is not open yet. Once it is open that will add more people to the pool and food court. Also Lion King does not have its own pool. The Cars section has its own, but that pool is small. If you want something a little more than the All Stars then give this a try.

• Stayed: August 2012
37  Thank Vanderneucker
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just got back from 6 nights at the Art of Animation Cars suite and we left very disappointed! Decor was absolutely amazing and front desk staff was amazing as well. That's alll I have good to say about it! the negative was the air didn't work, yes very hot 86 and as high as 91 in the room was told the rooms don't get cooler than that by maintenance, dirty linens, some just disgusting, they smelled unwashed and were stained, I took mine off the beds and washed them myself! Mantenance was of no help, neither was housekeeping and the wake up automated service didn't work, of course on the last day! Cafeteria was very dirty, wasn't sure what you could get on the dining plan, no room to move around, very unorganized! Talked to other people to see if it was just us and they all had the same to say, needless to say our first Magical trip to Disney wasn't so Magical! We wasted alot of money and will never, ever return to Disney again ever!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!! Change your plans quick!
29  Thank CCC3H
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great hotel, cars wing was really neat I felt like I was in the movie!!! Best Disney Value Hotel hands down!!! The whole family enjoyed it! Pools were both great I especially liked the Cozy Cone Pool in the cars wing. The rooms were beautiful and spacious very well themed and it was nice to have two bathrooms. Overall a excellent hotel!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just stayed 5 nights and many things were great. Service, the themes and decor, we're all you would expect of Disney. Things I wish I knew include location!!!! We were in building 5 of Nemo ground floor near elevator. Avoid this at ALL costs. The pool is open till midnight. People come and go till well after then. Kids were screaming in the hall, people enter and make a ton of noise I the hall. I was woken up multiple times a night with the noise. I wanted to put a Shhhh sign on the main door!!!!
Other things not so good as awesome as the big blue pool is, once Lion king opened it was packed last night. If you're looking to relax, this is not the place. My kids had a blast but too crowded for me.
The final thing I was frustrated with was the cafe. Because of " make your own" smoothie, pasta, burgers, etc there are too many choices for people. It took us 30 min to get through lines and order. The food is fresh, and it's not the staffs fault, people have too many choices and take too long ordering they hold people up. The night we were there only half the resort was open so not sure how it will be once whole thing is open.
My daughters said the couch bed wasn't comfortable , and in fact slept on the cushions on the floor, they loved the table bed and fought over who would sleep there, we made them rotate.
Overall this resort was a 4 but there were a few things I would want others to know.

• Stayed: August 2012
15  Thank Danadornburgh
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just returned from the Disney's Art of Animation Resort with my Spouse and two toddlers. The room has everything you need for a family with little ones. Microwave, Fridge, two bathrooms. The pool area is great with a large water park area. Staff was friendly and accommodated all of our needs.

The only Con was that they offer only pack-n-plays (not cribs) so my son who is a tall two year old barely fit in it. And the mattress of the pack-n-plays were very thin making it uncomfortable for the kids to sleep in.

Room Tip: Nemo Rooms are right by the pool!
4  Thank unapearla
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Blue Pool was a lot of fun, very under the seaish. Our 4 1/2-year-old granddaughter loved the pool. The deep end was only 4 ft 9 in. Crafts and movie around the pool was fun too. The Food Court was typical of a Disney Food Court, but my husband, and I liked the food better at the Pop Century Food Court (we walked over one evening).

Finding Nemo Building 6 is where we stayed and it was close to the pool, the main building / shop / food court / bus stop. The arcade looks really cool and has lots of seating for parents while the kids play. Not very many games geared towards young children though.

The service was exceptional. Housekeeping, food court staff, and registration staff all appeared to be happy to be of service and were very pleasant to deal with.

Overall this is a great "Value" resort with a focus on Value.

Room Tip: The Finding Nemo set of rooms are much closer to the main building and Disney transportation than Ca...
5  Thank gottabeme14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!