“One to Remember”

Ranked #36 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miami
“One to Remember”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

good service, room completly remodeled, very clean, good beds.
Very closed to parks and restaurants.
I liked the best the ocation, the price and the cleaness.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Nice clean room and bathroom, all rooms recently refurbished with modern units and flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. Air Con, very efficient. Pool looked clean and inviting, although we didn't have time to use it. Close to Celebration and Old Town. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Would recommend to anyone seeking these features.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was a great place to stay for the price. If you are going to be going to the parks all day I would highly recommend this hotel. The price was absolutely right $64 per night for a family of 5. I wouldn't want to spend much time in the hotel room, it was dark and a little musty. I will say though that my wife has allergies and the mustiness did not bother her. As for cleanliness it was clean but nothing to write home about. My wife must stay in a clean hotel and this was acceptable to her. The pool left a little to be desired but who goes to Orlando to swim in the hotel pool anyways. We used the room as a place to put out luggage, sleep and shower. For that it was great. Can't beat the value, it is clean and fairly comfortable. I will say that we reserved the room on the internet with a cot request. Although they had our request they only have 2 cots and had given them out before we arrived. This was a problem as we have 3 kids a girl and 2 boys so my wife and daughter ended up in the one bed and me and the boys in another. They would not do anything to fix it and although it was clean I wouldn't have wanted someone sleeping on the floor. The rug look old. The 32" flat screens are a nice touch but coming back at midnight from the parks and leaving by 8 in the morning we didn't use it. The other thing we weren't thriled with was the free breakfast was basically pastries and fruit not much else.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2009

This was a very nice place to stay. The rooms were updated with flat screen TV's and a nice vanity area. I am a young woman who travels by herself and is concerned about safety. I felt safe staying here. The free breakfast was less to be desired, but there are many restaurants in the area. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly. I did not have reservations, just took a chance and was very satisfied. The location was close to I-4. I would recommend this to my friends and collegues.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank FLtrppr
Trondheim
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Nice rooms - clean and newly remodeled. Nice staff. Nice location for going to Disney. We did not spend much time in the room since we spent all day at Disney World. Pool area is small, but most guest who come here are going to Disney. Good value for the money. Great place to stay for a couple of nights :-)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for 3 nights. The main reason we were in the area was to go to Disneyworld, and I had naively assumed when we begun planning the trip that as Disneyworld is marketed as being in Orlando, we should stay in Orlando. But Kissimmee (for anyone who also thinks Disneyworld is in Orlando) is only 3.5 miles from Kissimmee, whereas Orlando is 20 miles away. So the location is great. Ok, you can stay at a Disneyworld resort if you really want to be right on top of the Disney action - but I was happy to stay 3.5 miles away and pay a fraction of the price of what it would cost to stay at a Disney resort.

Anyway onto the room itself. It was spacious and clean. The outside of the Super 8 as you drive in doesn't look like anything special, but apparently the rooms themselves were renovated relatively recently, and it shows. They are very modern (flatscreen tvs built into the wall). The beds were very comfortable.

The only drawback at this place was that the outside aircon vents seemed to be leaking, making the communal stairways going up to some of the rooms were slippery and at one point my husband nearly fell over . But who knows, maybe the hotel were aware and had already called someone in to fix it.

Overall I think this place is great value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband had a business meeting nearby, so I tagged along. We decided that we'd go the Value Route this time. Having read the T.A. reviews, I felt confident that we wouldn't be encountering any bugs in this motel, and my feelings proved true. In a day and age when even the best of hotels and motels are getting reviews of having critters, looking for a "bug-less" hotel has been my number one criteria when searching for a place to stay. I get heebie geebies just thinking what is "out there". This small motel right across from Old Town proved to be 100 PERCENT BUG FREE! It was also VERY CLEAN. The carpet was so new, that I actually walked barefoot on it... something I don't often do away from home. It gets 5 stars for cleanliness and bug-free. Is it a "resort"? No, not at all. Just a nice comfy, clean place to lay your head. It had a nice flat screen with what seemed to be a nice sound system / speakers. The fridge was a plus. Had a hair dryer as well. It definitely has been recently renovated, and we were pleased with everything... especially the price (around $40 a night). If you want to spend your vacation lounging around the pool, this is not for you. The pool is VERY SMALL, and located IN THE PARKING LOT on the side of the building! There wasn't enough room for lounge chairs in this tiny area, but they do have some chairs and a table with umbrella. The chairs at the pool seemed to be relatively new as well, but nowhere to "lay out" for a tan.

In summary, If all you need is a place to lay your head, while going on to spend your day at theme parks, meetings, or otherwise, then this is a great bang for your buck. Most people's stays in Orlando and Kissimmee are filled with theme parks, shows at night, dining out, etc, so if that's the case, who cares what ammenities are at your motel, as long as you have a comfy and clean place to lay your head at night? I didn't check out the breakfast area, but they did have one. My brother in law had a few cups of their coffee in the morning and said it was fine. I don't know of another hotel so convenient to Disney that has rooms at this price that are not buggy, dirty or just plain worn out, or worse yet, are in areas of high crime. This motel was in a safe area, had pleasant staff, right next to a Denny's and a Publix, and convenient to EVERYTHING! Unless you are looking for luxury, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business