“Good value close to Disney” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area

You added Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5875 W Irlo Bronson Meml Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 161 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Good value close to Disney”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is great for the budget minded traveler to Disney. Close to Disney theme parks. Under $50. Room was cleaned every day. Linens were good. Flat screen TV, wifi, in room safe, coffeemaker. Limited continental breakfast included in small breakfast room adjoining lobby. Next door to Denny's. Had slight problem with TV that was fixed within minutes of calling front desk. Hotel staff was pleasant. Looks like room had been updated recently. I really liked the night stand with electric outlets on the post underneath - very convenient for charging cell phone and IPad. There were also two convenient electric outlets on the front of the desk. Bathroom fan was very noisy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
ENGLEWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This would not have been too bad except I believe I was overcharged and I called in a complaint tonight 12/11/12 to your customer care and I am waiting to hear from someone. The room was clean but had a really very bad odor. I had to spray the whole room and carpeting with a deodorizer a few times. The remote to the tv did not work and had to be replaced and then the replacement would not turn the tv on or off that had to be done manually. Also I was not told when I made the reservation that to have a room that I could park in front of I would have to pay 10 dollars more. When I said I was going to find out who the CEO was and write to him/her when I got home the man said he was the owner/CEO. Yet the board behind the check in desk said manager on duty Kevin and this man's name was Kevin. They finally agreed to give me a room with parking in front of it for $5 more and they had taken the $2 for the 2 nights for in room safe off as I told them I never use a hotel in room safe I take my valuables with me. When they finally asked me the next day how the room was I said it was good as I did not want to deal with that man. I visit Kissimmee quite often I have only used a super 8 once before this in 1997 in NY that one the lobby smelled horrible because of smoking and the room had no cover over the over head light and no curtains on the windows just shades. But it was late and my niece was not feeling well and we were on our way back from KY and I had to have 2 adjoining rooms because I had 2 young adults and 2 young girls all my nieces and one nephew and we were coming back from a family wedding. But, I had thought I would give them a try again. The price they gave me over the phone was the same as online so I asked if they had an aarp discount and they said yes and gave me another price which was overpriced because I just saw the AARP price online from the same starting price and it was over 10 less. So I actually paid 15 too much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This super 8 is in a great location and easy to find. It is right next door to several eating facilities. It is clean, quiet, and in a good location. The price is right and well worth it. Enjoy your stay. The staff is friendly and ready to greet you for your stay.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a downstairs room. Rooms book fast during the summer months. This motel is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
malaga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We booked this hotel through Expedia which has a 2 star rating. This hotel has to be at the very top of a 2 star if not a 3 star, we have stayed in hotels before on the 192, that we were happy with, but this one beats them all. We changed to this hotel, after reading a lot of bad reviews about the 1st one we booked in, but we were still extremely worried as we were staying for 13 nights, which is a long time if there were any problems. We need not of worried. We checked in quickly and went to our room on the pool side but found that the safe did not lock properly. As it was late on the Friday evening the engineer could not come until the Monday they moved us to another room. Both rooms were clean, no smells at all, well equiped and look exactly like the hotels photos. We made good use of the fridge for our fresh milk, fruit & water. Never used the coffee machine or the microwave as we took our own kettle, and didnt need the air-con. The shower worked well and was hot which ever time of day. The flat screen TV was alittle fuzzy but my husband found that the aerial connection at the back needed pushing in then the picture was great (never watched much though). We found the Wifi (included in the room price) connected well and as we took our lap top and tablet we were both on at the same time. It did kick us out of a website on a couple of occassions, for a few seconds, but we have had a much poorer service when paying extreme prices at hotels by the hour. There is CCTV on every corridor and entry. We could see at reception that staff kept an eye on this on their TV screen, giving peace of mind. The breakfast (included in room price) was more than adequate, 3x cereals, waffles, bread, yoghurt, danish bun, butter, jam, tea, coffee & 2x juice (we were full), and was always re-stocked. The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. We can agree with another reviewer that the bed lined was dated but it was clean, which is the most important. Also the bath (plastic) had become slightly yellow stained at the bottom, but we expect this from a budget hotel as well as some knocks here and there. If you want Marriotts (or simular) then book and pay the high price to stay at Marriotts. We did get woken by noise from the rubbish truck for a minute on some mornings, but we think that the truck collects at all the hotels so you could get this at any of them ( I went back to sleep) We were most impressed with the hotel staff/management. They were polite and helpful, and the reception was always manned. This hotel is fantastic for whats included in the price, (room, wifi, breakfast, 24hrs service and camera security). Its ideal for all the major theme parks. You can walk to Downtown Kissimmee, gift shops, market and restaurants. Theres no way you could find better for that money. Thank you Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate for playing a big part in making our holiday relaxing. We will definately come again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor poolside and very happy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple