“Great location for this price”

Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area
Ranked #36 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Baden, Switzerland
“Great location for this price”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We spent 4 nights in this motel and visited Disney Parks and Universal Studios. For this very low price its great! Location is perfect, you are in some minutes on the highway or all good Parks. Around Super 8 Motel you have shopes, diners and a lot of possibilities to eat something without driving the car. The room was modern, clean and have big space. TV and Free WLAN are available. The Pool is more a joke, but you really have no Time for this and the breakfast is also a joke, but doesnt matter. Dennys are Next to you or a dunkin donuts..so I would come back for sure!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I decided to give this hotel a shot as I knew the location was amazing and the reviews only had glowing things to say about this place. However more than likely I will not be going back even with the fantastic price. The first room they put me in did have updated everything however the bathroom was very dirty. I asked that they just send someone to clean it but they said they could only have me change rooms as they never had housekeeping on hand that late (it was around 5-6pm). The room they moved me into had an updated vanity area and TV however the tub was yellow from the "hard water" (which after living in the area I knew about the water however if I cleaned my tub regularly never had the issue) and the rest of the appliances were quite old. I sat on the beds and they were ridiculously hard and after having so many issues already I went to the front desk. The man there was incredibly condescending, saying he'd never had a complaint before me and that these beds were brand new and pillow top (not sure what pillow top that was, I had to use a pillow under my waist the entire trip to be remotely comfortable). I knew I wouldn't get my money back as I had done pre-payment so I just sucked it up and went back to the room.

Every night I was woken up at ridiculous hours thanks to the Publix trucks that would deliver food and other items very early in the morning. I stayed in the courtyard "view" area - please don't make my mistake. Take something that faces the parking lot. The main portion of the hotel is on a rather deserted road and it would be MUCH quieter in that section.

Wifi was come and go. I had to continually restart the internet thanks to issues with the router. They did have multiple routers throughout the hotel though so when the wifi worked, it did work well.

Housekeeping would continually shut off the AC during the day (which if you know Florida, even in November that can make a room stifling hot by the end of the day) however I had no issues with things being moved excessively during my stay. There were a few issues with towels though, one night I came in to find a towel had been folded with some sort of hair/body grime ball attached to the towel (which would have been plain for anyone to see, it was a very large thing). However when I spoke with the front desk about this, a different young man was very helpful and apologized profusely. Anytime I needed help with an issue he was there and on the ball.

Overall I would probably not stay here again. The price and location is amazing but unless they make things a bit more consistent I won't be back.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose a courtyard view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank tellemarie
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2011

After a disasterous night camping in the rain, I was so happy to see a super 8 rated in the top 30 for kissimmee. Spent sat the 29th there to dry out. Carpet looked new. Fresh paint job. Very clean room. Even the covered mattresses looked like they had just been installed. Best of all, it was only $40 for the night. Didn't get the breakfast. Don't understand the folks whining about the coffee or breakfast. It's $40 people. Go to dennys if you want a big breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank jnoel68
Kishore58, General Manager at Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for staying with us, and for the positive review. Yes, we do keep our rate low, and our rooms clean and well furnished because we feel this is what is most important to our guests.

As you mention,the SuperStart breakfast is a light continental breakfast, simply meant to be a starter.
There are many restaurant options very nearby if a full, hot breakfast is preferred.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The room was clean and what you would expect of a Super 8. The pool looked beautiful, but if you're spending the day at Disney, the pool won't be open when you're back. The breakfast had no nutrious options and a staff member was standing in the corner, watching you eat. There was very little choice of food, not even toast or a toaster oven.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank adventuretraveler090
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here before so was glad to see it was still as nice a place to stay. Staff very friendly, rooms are nice and clean and it is in a perfect location for old town. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lpmsg
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Breakfast isn't good, coffee horrible. Rooms are very nice and clean and renovated. No exercise room. Irksome "safe charge" in addition to room fee. Decent place for the money...

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jonchaley
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have stayed at this location before and plan on staying there this weekend. In a great central lcation to all disney and kissimee attractions this nice little hotel is just right! Rooms are clean and modern -non smokers must insist on a non smoking room - we do not use this hotel for the pool as it is in the parking lot but it is clean and everything else is great. friendly staff. we stay here because of the price and its location to all the attractions. we get up and leave and come back to relax and sleep - nice courtyard. No breakfast but there are tons of breakfast places around. Again if you are looking for the Ritz this is not your hotel but if you want a clean, easy to locate and inexpensive place to stay then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family