I am attending a converntion (one of several) at the attached convention site. The hotel is either self contained or isolated, depending on your other needs beyond what they provide, which is a lot. They have the usual annoying required extra resort fee that has been mentioned by others. Why hotels charging $250+ per night think you are going to feel better having another $15 tacked on after the fact rather than folded into the nightly charge is beyond many of us. The singage is poor, perhaps to get you to walk through many of the sales venues that abound. The catered food has been reasonably good and the servers excellent. One of the several conventions hired a rock and roll band, which is set up in the central atrium and has played from 7-10, without an apparent break, loud enough to entertain every guest, whether they want to be or not. My room is as far across the atrium as possible from the band, and I'm guessing its about 60 decibels in my room with the drapes drawn. Thank goodness I'm not trying to edit a minuet on my computer. The front desk seems oblivious to the idea that not all the guests would enjy a rock and roll concert in the atrium. Probably a good place for a company annual sales appreciation destination event, but not for a family with young children or an older couple on a third honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando