My husband, daughter and I spent our Christmas vacation at Gaylord Palms Hotel. From the very start we were welcomed by valet, bellmen and reception desk with friendly efficient service. The hotel is an amazing combination of beautiful plantings and truly spectacular Christmas lighting. We stayed for three nights and wished we didn't have to leave. There were stage shows with wonderful performers each day that we were there including an aerial performance, heart stopping electric guitars and terrific singers. The meals that we ate there were very good, one a breakfast buffet and a late night dinner at the restaurant in the Key West area. Terrific!
We live in Florida so we had our own transportation. We took advantage of the town of Celebration, and the many fun things to do in the Orlando area. I had read so many reviews of this hotel that were negative that I was apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised to find the high quality and beauty of our surroundings. Our room was in the Everglades section, so fairly quiet and delightful to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of the lighted pathways and plantings.
In other reviews there were many mentions of the extra costs involved in staying at Gaylord Palms, but you are told about them when you make your reservation so it's important to pay attention to them and take them into consideration when you plan your vacation budget.
I hope we can bring our whole family there next Christmas!!! They'd love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando