I couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow after reading the last review...comparing this hotel to a Super 8 Motel doesn't quite add up from my experiences. I've stayed at the Gaylord on business and for pleasure with my family, and while it isn't cheap, it is extremely reasonably priced in terms of quality. You get at least what you pay for, if not more. All of the rooms are well furnished with not only the standard hotel ammeneties (a TV, coffee maker, ironing board, etc) but also many additional and unique features, including ceiling fan, flatscreen computer, safe sized to accomodate and charge your laptop, fridge, extremely comfortable and oversized bed, marble topped sink and vanity area in the bathroom, seperate from the toilet and shower to increase functionality, unique Florida-themed artwork and furniture...and the list goes on. And that's not just the suites - that's every room. The $10 resort fee is more than fair, covering a daily newspaper, 2 bottles of water and OJ refilled daily, free high-speed internet access with in-room computers, use of the fitness center, and free transportation via shuttle to the Disney parks. My multiple experiences at this resort have repeatedly proved to me the consistancy and quality of a willing-to-accomodate staff. This entire property is beautiful, exciting, unique, and well worth the money for those looking for a high-end, one-of-a-kind, personal, romantic, or family getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando