“A nice experience, but bring $$$”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel isn't any ordinary one. It's themed areas depicting the Everglades, the Keys, etc keep you entertained. The rooms are nicely done and clean. We were staying on a discounted rate (which was still expensive). The sports bar on site is something to see, but the food is not do great and it's mega expensive. If your gonna stay here, which I recommend for a "splurge" getaway you'll be pleased.

• Stayed: July 2013
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hi Cory, please accept our sincerest thanks for this amazing review! We are grateful you selected Gaylord Palms as your home away from home. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time at Wreckers Sports Bar. Again, we thank you for all of your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I am quite impressed with the Gaylord Palms resort. I am here for a business convention but have been able to see most of the property. It has been a really nice place for our business meetings - good service, good food, friendly staff, etc. It is a large place but easy to manage.

That being said, this hotel would be perfect for families with children seeking an Orlando vacation. It is close to all the attractions yet set a few miles away from the noise and traffic. The resort itself could entertain families for days - without even going to any theme parks. The atrium is very impressive with educational sites, animals, waterfalls, etc. The pools are massive - with plenty of room. I did not go to the water park area but it looks nice.

The rooms are very adequate with nice bathrooms and comfortable beds. Be sure to get a room with a view (I got the parking lot lol). My only complaint was there were dirty 'kid' hand prints all over the room door. Not a big deal since Orlando is a kid place - and I can also see how housekeeping could miss it (as they keep the door open).

All in all - the hotel was perfect for our convention but would be even more perfect for families looking for a top-notch fun resort, close to the action, and at reasonable prices. You get much more value for your money vs. a theme park hotel.

2  Thank andrew_branham

Thank you very much for taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are so glad that you did get to explore the property in-between you’re many meetings. We hope that you, your family and friends can come and enjoy our many property amenities. Again, thank you for your great feedback!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed three nights while attending a conference and was happy with my stay there. This is a very nice and well placed resort typical of most Orlando hotels. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the service is excellent. The restaurant and the cuisine are nice. Being under a glass canopy provides shelter and the staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roux72

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our property. We are very pleased that you that you enjoyed our property amenities. Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference in early March. I was very pleased. The staff was uniformly pleasant and willing to help, the room was comfortable and well-appointed, the public areas are attractive, and the atrium was just beautiful. Because I was there for business I did not leave the resort during my stay, so the atrium was much appreciated. The food at Villa de Flora was good, above average for a buffet, and the room service was outstanding...the food was always hot, which is not always the case with room service. Of course, the food was pricey but that is to be expected at a place that caters to the business traveler. I did not have a room facing on the atrium, and that was actually an advantage because I suspect they are noisy; my room was nice and quiet. Also, it takes a little practice to get around the hotel/convention center. The signage could be a little better, and even the staff had trouble directing me from time to time. All in all this was a terrific stay and I would happily return for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If quiet is a priority, do not choose a room over the atrium; if a little noise is ok the view from...
1  Thank samsmom1127
GaylordPalms, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Villa De Flora and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the future for more of a getaway rather than having to work the majority of your stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel is huge with a enormous glass roof in the center so that you feel like a bird on a cage. The benefits are obvious: sunny or rainy you are protected. Well, not exactly like that as there were some leakages on the roof but they were fixing, nothing unusual for Florida. Lots of souvenirs and groceries stores and some restaurants. Internet unstable around the conference areas and lots of noisy from service carts in front of conference rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014
GaylordPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time from your schedule to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our property amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future! Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Gaylord Palms while attending a conference.

I would give the hotel a higher rating, but due to the runaround I received, I am giving it a poor rating.

We booked the AAA rate that included two free breakfasts each day. The first day my wife tried to use the free breakfast, she was given the runaround from the waiter Villa de Flora about not having a card showing that she was to receive the free breakfast. We were not given a card when we checked in. She went ahead and paid with her personal credit card.

I went to the front desk to try and straighten things out later in the day and was told that there were no longer cards given for the free breakfast and hadn't been for a while now. The hotel said that they would credit to the personal card the breakfast that was charged.

I received a bill when I checked out and then two days later, another charge was placed on my corporate card for additional charges and the credit for the breakfast was credited to my corporate card verus the personal card. I was not sent a copy of this bill and I am having to jump through hoops to try and get a copy so that I can complete an expense report. If only the waiter at the restaurant had taken a moment to check and see if my wife was eligible for the free breakfast, there would have been no hassle.

So my advice, do not book the AAA with free breakfast rate or anything other than the standard room rate unless you want to deal with hassles.

Otherwise the hotel is nice and the rooms are roomy and well furnished.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We strive to ensure each customer has a flawless guest experience and we’re very sorry we did not provide this for you. Please be assured that your comments are not taken lightly and they be reviewed with the appropriate personnel. Again, thank you for your feedback which allows us to continually improve. Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference and was overall impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff, catering quality, and comfort.

The good:
- beds were very comfortable
- bathroom was very clean and appeared (along with the rest of the room) to have been recently redone
- meeting catering was really quite good
- lots of nice outdoor seating outside convention spaces
- shuttle to Disney was very convenient (especially leaving the hotel)
- proximity to Disney
- friendly catering staff
- This is a large hotel, but I kind of liked this as it provided built in exercise getting from my room to my meetings
- wi-fi worked great for me

The not-so-good:
- I found the one meal I had at one of the restaurants (Sunset Sam's) to be mediocre at best especially given the price.
- I noticed that one of the rooms next to mine had left a room service tray out to be picked up and it didn't get picked up for more than 24 hours

This was a very comfortable stay for a business trip. I didn't really get a chance to hang out at the pool but it seemed like everyone was having a great time there. I would definitely consider staying here again for a family trip to Disney.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank roadtrip38

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Central Florida, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing Gaylord Palms. We’re thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay with us and the vast options of amenities our property has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back! Steven Tubbs -Guest Service Guru-

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#26 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!