“Family ideal ; romantics look elsewhere”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tallahassee, Florida
“Family ideal ; romantics look elsewhere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Gaylord Palm s is an exceptional facility. The trademark covered dome allows you to roam the grounds despite outside weather . The size of this facility makes it a year round destination for every group/ convention. During holiday periods , lines are long to eat on-site, noise is extreme . There are shows that will rock your room in early morning and evenings.
The facilities are family freindly and great for kids to explore pools .
If you are looking for romantic ,quiet surroundings, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Talk with Deanna
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,355)
  • Polish first
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center!

Ambiance: I had seen pictures online, but they didn't do the atrium justice. The foliage, waterfalls, and animals (including baby alligators, turtles, and koi ponds) were beautiful!

Room: Our room was very clean and well-stocked. We had an atrium view room on the top floor of the Emerald Bay section of the resort. We enjoyed being able to leave our balcony doors open to hear the waterfalls at night (excellent white noise). I did hear a group of noisy guests in the atrium one night, but I think they may have been from our group and they quieted down after a few minutes, so I didn't complain. Hopefully they didn't bother other guests!

Food: We were at the resort as part of an all-expenses paid retreat for my husband's work, so our dinners were catered. Each dinner included appetizers, numerous buffet entrees, and a variety of desserts. I especially enjoyed the red snapper, crab cakes, and the nacho bar. For a late lunch one day I ordered the Lava Roll from Sora and it was pretty good.

Service: The event planner for our group checked us in and out of the hotel, so we didn't have any interactions with front desk employees. The employees we directly interacted with were great with only one exception. It was difficult to get service at the adult pool even when it wasn't very busy. The rest of the employees seemed very busy, but did acknowledge us with a greeting or a head nod.

Amenities: Wreckers was awesome! Our event planner scheduled nightly parties there as well as a Derby Day party, and they accommodated our large group very well. My husband and I loved our couple's massage at the Relache Spa. I enjoyed a facial and the Island Ritual myself and highly recommend any of those services. The showers in the spa were interesting in theory, but several in our group joked that they must have been hooked up to fire hoses as the water pressure was insane! Despite some crummy weather when we arrived, we were able to relax by the adult-only pool twice. It was one of the best pools I've experienced at a hotel, although sometimes the family pool got a little noisy which made reading difficult.

Overall, we had an amazing time and hope to return with the retreat in the future (it's a bit out of our price range had we paid out-of-pocket).

Room Tip: The Emerald Bay rooms seemed to be in a good location with easy access to everything. The atrium vie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel very nice. Nice pool area great service. Was definaltly the best hotel we stayed at on this vacation. Sadly we only stayed one night. Rooms were very clean and bed was very comfortable. Ate at restaurant a bit pricey but good.

• Stayed April 2013
Palmyra, IN
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Got to stay at this lovely hotel with my husband while he was here to work at an event in the convention center. The indoor atrium area is so beautiful...lots of lush greenery, flowers and even some turtles and little alligators!!!
Our room was clean, well decorated and the bed was super comfortable. The comforter was soft and not too bulky. We even had a little balcony that overlooked the atrium area.
This would be a great place for kids too, with the huge pool, water slides and a big screen with animated movies!!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach CA
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I must say I'm not a big fan of the Gaylord Palms. The hotel and adjacent restaurants are all enclosed with a glass ceiling, giving the hotel guest a sense of being enclosed in a greenhouse. By the end of the stay, I longed to get out for some fresh air. The restaurants are incredibly overpriced. The sushi restaurant serves the equivalent of half portions (one piece instead of the customary 2 pieces per order). For a party of two adults and two small children, we paid $120 and left hungry. There are no other restaurants (other than those that are part of the hotel) or entertainment options in the vicinity, or within walking distance, so we were forced to drive several miles to find affordable food. There are plenty of other hotel options in the Orlando area, many of which are walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I Stayed at the Gaylord Palms in May, 2013 for a conference and the business services were great. This is a perfect facility for a convention, lots of room and very easy to navigate. The hotel is beautiful with all of the restaurants inside. Loved the everglades walk and the shops along the way. I dined at the Hickory Steak House and the Villa de Flora, both had amazing food and service. My room was in the Emerald Bay section and I was fortunate to get upgraded to a room with a balcony overlooking the inside and the pool.
The free shuttle to Epcot Disney and other Disney properties was a great service! The pool was amazing!
My only negative comment is that the walls are paper thin, I could hear the people in the next room and they were very loud. I would recommend adding some sound proofing and updating the bathrooms with walk in showers. Front desk check-in was smooth although my reservations were messed up and I did not get my room cleaned or any housekeeping services the last day. I had to call for towels.
Overall, a great stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are really nice that overlook the inside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and well maintained. There are several options for dining and relaxing at the resort. The location is not very centralized for many of the local attractions, so you will need a car, and parking is not included (neither self park or valet).
We selected this hotel due to the location of a local prom.

Room Tip: If you select a room with an atrium view, you will avoid seeing the swings in central florida weathe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 338 in Orlando
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!