My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center!
Ambiance: I had seen pictures online, but they didn't do the atrium justice. The foliage, waterfalls, and animals (including baby alligators, turtles, and koi ponds) were beautiful!
Room: Our room was very clean and well-stocked. We had an atrium view room on the top floor of the Emerald Bay section of the resort. We enjoyed being able to leave our balcony doors open to hear the waterfalls at night (excellent white noise). I did hear a group of noisy guests in the atrium one night, but I think they may have been from our group and they quieted down after a few minutes, so I didn't complain. Hopefully they didn't bother other guests!
Food: We were at the resort as part of an all-expenses paid retreat for my husband's work, so our dinners were catered. Each dinner included appetizers, numerous buffet entrees, and a variety of desserts. I especially enjoyed the red snapper, crab cakes, and the nacho bar. For a late lunch one day I ordered the Lava Roll from Sora and it was pretty good.
Service: The event planner for our group checked us in and out of the hotel, so we didn't have any interactions with front desk employees. The employees we directly interacted with were great with only one exception. It was difficult to get service at the adult pool even when it wasn't very busy. The rest of the employees seemed very busy, but did acknowledge us with a greeting or a head nod.
Amenities: Wreckers was awesome! Our event planner scheduled nightly parties there as well as a Derby Day party, and they accommodated our large group very well. My husband and I loved our couple's massage at the Relache Spa. I enjoyed a facial and the Island Ritual myself and highly recommend any of those services. The showers in the spa were interesting in theory, but several in our group joked that they must have been hooked up to fire hoses as the water pressure was insane! Despite some crummy weather when we arrived, we were able to relax by the adult-only pool twice. It was one of the best pools I've experienced at a hotel, although sometimes the family pool got a little noisy which made reading difficult.
Overall, we had an amazing time and hope to return with the retreat in the future (it's a bit out of our price range had we paid out-of-pocket).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando