Was here at the beginning of the week for a conference with family joining me at weeks end to attend a cheer competition. At first thought it was going to be good, they had a special desk for Marriott rewards members to check in. Things went fairly smooth there, however I went over the entire reservation again, after having been called at home by the hotel the day before to reconfirmed everything.
Room was spacious and clean, although it was still being cleaned when I arrived. Asked for a set of wine glasses, they tried handing me water glasses and then the gentleman who understood English told me they would have a set sent to my room. They never arrived.
The fun started when the lights went out. Apparently there is a cricket in behind the fridge, he serenaded me all night long. When I tried to move the fridge to find him, a huge roach ran out and went behind the tv cabinet. The roach was not the cricket - as the cricket kept right on serenading me.
At 430 am the cleaners arrived at the Old Hickory Steakhouse - which was right outside my room in the atrium. They proceeded to empty the wine bottle recycle bin.
Upon getting up, I went to the front desk and asked that someone find the cricket and the roach and please remove them from my room.
Night 2 - well upon arrival back in my room cricket was still there but no sign of the roach.
At 530 am the cleaning people were back at Old Hickory vacuuming the area rugs. I called the front desk - they advised they would send security over and ask them to keep the noise down. Really? Like I am the only guest in a very full hotel that is complaining? The restaurant doesn't open until 530 PM - so why the necessity to clean it and remove bottles when guests are trying to sleep. Surely I am not the only person to be impacted.
After that, they did move my room. New room was much quieter - no crickets or roaches, not outside a common area that gets cleaned at 430 am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando