“Great family vacation hotel”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great family vacation hotel”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Gaylord Hotel last weekend for my daughters 5th birthday for a visit to Magic Kingdom in Disney. It's in a very convenient location from Disney, and the hotel was a pleasure to stay at with our family.

We had a great room, which was very large, incredibly clean in true Marriott form, and well kept and maintained. My only complaint would be the noise because it connected to 2 full rooms next door and we could hear everything our neighbours were doing. The gardens in the atriums and restaurant areas are beautiful and their pool area a great place for vacationing families to enjoy sun time, with waterslides, activities, and lots of sunlounges. There is even a pool for adults to escape the kids if they so desire as travellers without children.

The staff were very accommodating and even returned my shoes by courier because I'd left them in the closet. Their character breakfast on the weekend in their well stocked buffet with lots of selections is one of Orlando's best kept secrets for the money.

Overall a fantastic hotel to take your family for weekend vacation, or getaway trip alongside a conference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Julia F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Polish first
Sarnia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The gaylord was absolutley BREATH TAKING, the atrium was so beautiful! Absolutley perfect for evening walks, and the restaurants were clean, as were the shops. The pool was awesome for all ages. They have a silent pool, and a main pool. The main pool had a huge stage as well as a mega screen for poolside games, and a few waterslides attached to a 3 story splash pad, perfect for kids. The rooms were decorated beauitfully, and all the views were nice. The elevator was see threw so while going up to your room you can see the whole atrium.
A breathtaking stay! I cant wait to go again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EmilyMahuu
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you have never stayed at a Gaylord Palms resort, it's a must experience hotel. Each property has a huge atrium which is like a botanical garden. This resort has many walkways through the lush interior, wonderful smelling flowers, waterfalls, ponds/lagoons, and this resort had alligators! The atrium room I stayed in had a large balcony with two chairs. The room was large and exceptionally clean. The bathroom had two sinks separate from the shower/toilet area. The daily resort fee includes internet/wireless, bottled water, plus discounts at the pool (cabana) and spa. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ztagirl
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

For this stay I was only in town for the weekend for my friend's birthday. This place was BEYOND! Starting from the quick & easy check-in, to the room set up where the toilet and shower are separated from the sink & mirrors so that we were able to multi-task getting ready for the night as we were sharing a room. I called the concierge & requested a band-aid (& just to see if they would have it), neosporin for a blister I had from my shoe. Not only did they have both items, but called me back to specify what size band-aid I needed & had them delivered to the room before I even got out of the shower! Ahhh, SERVICE! Valet had our car waiting when we got downstairs, our night was poppin, & morning was easy. The grounds and pools are amazing. Gorgeous gardens, exciting wild life, delicious dining, and overall stellar staffing. Stay here to be treated like a King and/or Queen!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Cornettaboutthatlife
Monterey
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The resort was a great place and we would recommend it for anyone visiting the area. The rooms were well decorated and extremely clean.

The staff was wonderful and helpful. They were great to visit with to learn more about the area.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Viera, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Front Desk staff (Cristie, Meleny and KevinP.) were among best front desk groups I have ever encountered. They are attentive and very guest service oriented. Same for restaurant staff, such as Mila in Flor de Rosa, Luis in Wreckers, Blake and Luisa at Sanbar Pool Cafe, Will in Hagen Das was also excepionally helpful. Same with Lauren at Concierge who helped with our grandchildren. Overall, a wonderful and positive experience.tter

Room Tip: Work with Front Desk. They are very organized and helpful.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rmariani3
Miami
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Gaylord Palms for two nights while attending a convention in Orlando in March 2013. I chose this hotel from all the ones offered to me because I am a Marriott Rewards member and because, I was always curious. I am glad I chose to stay at the Gaylord Palms! It is truly a beautiful hotel.

Upon my arrival, I was asked if I was a Marriott’s Rewards Member and with my affirmative answer I was directed to the Rewards Member Check in counter with no lines or waiting. A few minutes later I was in my room. I had reserved a king size bed and I got it with an atrium view…very nice.

My room felt very spacious with just a king size bed, but I would imagine it would feel a bit smaller with two double beds. The room décor is modern and tasteful. The bathroom is very comfortable with a split design. A great shower area and the toilet behind doors and a spacious vanity area with bright lighting. My only disappointment was the towels. Towels felt worn out and also felt thin. I have to say, I was surprised to see towels in that condition, in a place where they pay so much attention to detail.

The room accommodations are nice but where this hotel really shines is on its unique design. The hotel has a massive atrium with a variety of shops and theme restaurants. The two large pool areas are truly beautiful. There is a separated adult area for those looking for relaxation and there is also a fantastic family area with a colorful water playground and water slides.

The food is very good but expensive, if you are driving, parking your car will cost you $18.00 a day, and there is a $22.00 daily resort fee that will be added to your nightly room rate. (You get internet & 2 bottles of water each night in your room’s mini-refrigerator). With that said, the Gaylord Palms Hotel is a unique stay in Kissimmee, if the price is right for you… you’ll be glad you stayed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
#25 of 337 in Orlando
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!