This hotel was a great for keeping our kids entertained. The family pool has music, a water fort, 4 water slides, water basketball, and zero entry. We did not eat or drink by the pool because it was so expensive. Every item was above $14 including drinks. At night there is a pool party and a movie (more about this in the room section). Overall the pool was amazing and the best part was the water was heated.
The hotel was massive. It has over 1500 rooms with our room located on the top floor overlooking the pool. It was great until the pool party movie started and didn't end until after 10pm. This was a problem because our kids were exhausted from Disney and then we could hear the movie blasting from inside our room. I called the front desk several times and all she said was that they could move us at 10 pm or have the movie turned down. Oh she did offer cookies and milk but I declined because the kids were sleeping. The daily maid service didn't clean our room until 5:00 pm two days and we had to entertain the kids in the hotel, which wasn't hard to do. The parking fee is $18 per day with another $22 resort fee or more if you have more than 2 people in the room. I felt the parking was overpriced for the area and the resort fee was pretty high too. There are alligators and turtles in the main atrium that are feed every other day. The viewing area is small so make sure you are there early to grab a spot to watch. There are also Dreamworks characters that are stationed around the hotel to meet with the kids. That was a nice surprise.
We bought our tickets to Disney from the concierge desk which ended up costing us an additional $100. When we talked to the lady telling her our plan she sold us a 2 day ticket. Our plan was to see Magic Kingdom one day and the other day to park hop to Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. When we went to Animal Kingdom to add on the park hopped which the lady at the hotel said we could instead of it costing only $37 for a one day ticket (which she should have sold us) it cost us $57 per ticket because she sold us a 2 day ticket. You should stick with buying your tickets at Disney because Disney wouldn't help us because we bought the tickets off property. We talked to the hotel and they said there was nothing they could do. This was disappointing because the tickets cost us $900 which is a lot of money for this type of mistake. No one apologized and blamed it on us for not knowing how the tickets worked. We are from Colorado and this was our first trip to Disney. We were trusting the official Disney Ticket salesperson to lead us down the right path. If you buy the tickets at Disney and this would have happened they would have refunded the day that was unused and sold it as a one day ticket with a park hopper add on saving us over $100 total.
Overall, this was a nice family hotel and stay but I don't think we will return. The overall service and attention to detail is lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando