We stayed at the Gaylord Palms staying in an Emerald Bay King overlooking the atrium, for 5 nights attending a conference at the same location in May. We were immediately reminded of Las Vegas after a mediocre reception although it was almost 1100 pm.
The created environment smacked of replication of possibly a supposedly better location than Orlando. The atrium covered a very large area of palms,fountains , rock pools and simulated foreign locations.
We felt the need to get fresh air at times after attending lectures and events and then going to our rooms. It was not possible to open the balcony doors onto the atrium without the noise of Niagra Falls coming in ,supplemented by the noise of piped music and guests enjoying the 'ambience' below.
We ate twice at the buffet for dinner and found the service,food variety and the value very good. On one of these occasions we were booked into the funnily named 'Sunset Sam's but swapped to the buffet to avoid a noisy meal in a shed like noisy atmosphere with a restricted menu.
The service staff were excellent and the room facilities were also verygood and clean.
A prior communication confirming a king room had not been relayed to the reception staff by checking in time so a bit of room shuffling after an initial degree of difficulty resulted, which was not pleasant after over 26 hours traveling time and little empathy from our initial contact with reception.
The main problem attending and staying at a conference at the Gaylord Palms to was the fact that without having a car ,leaving the resort for quick bit of escape time was not easy and often expensive by cab or town car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando