“What an incredible place!! Best time ever!!!”

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first year anniversary. We were allowed to check in early and were given an upgraded room. It was absolutely stunning. The staff were beyond friendly went out of their way to help us.
The hotel itself is something out of the movies. There's huge atrium with different Florida landscape and it was
just mind blowing. Wonderful Gabby( from the front desk) sent us champagne and strawberries!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

The pool and hot tub areas are huge and the food at the pool bar delicious. Drinks are pricey but that's be expected!

My only recommendation is that the hotel enforce the adults only rule for the hot tub. There were about 10 kids in the hot tub while we were there.

We ate at the buffet place Villa De Flora it was delicious. Expensive, 33.00 pp but great quality food. The sangria is a must try!!

The only snafu was checking out. It took several tries to get the bill right. We were Inadvertently charged two resort fees and two valet fees. The front desk was super helpful in correcting it but you do need to go over your bill closely before checking out.

All in all A++++++++++++++

Thank you Gaylord Palms for an incredible experience. We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (4,789)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a 5 star clean lovely beautiful and business And family friendly enjoyed variety of restaurants and I enjoyed my room exceptionally well remodeled fresh clean and stylish. It try was very welcoming and one of the things I really loved was that my bed was made exactly how I liked it and the spa was perfect. You can see by the valet, front, desk and management that this is a property that is unlike any other.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is an expensive but very nice place.
Bad (but not that bad) things:
1. Restaurants and bars are pricy there, but it’s expected from a place like that.
2. It’s huge. It’s not a bad thing, but if you are traveling with a company you probably want to stay near, otherwise your walk to your friend’s room might take 30 minutes.
Good things:
1. Food is good
2. If you forgot to bring something, there is a good chance you can buy it in the local shops.
3. The whole complex is under a glass roof, so if there is a bad weather during your stay – you will still be able to enjoy your stay without being locked in your room.
4. The place is simply gorgeous!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were treated like royalty last weekend- upgraded to an atrium view room, our names and anniversary info. on the hotel screen, personal treatment by the shuttle driver, etc., etc. An excellent steak meal at the Old Hickory Steakhouse, an abundant and quality buffet at the Villa del Flore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank M.Remi
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed here for a conference. The rooms are spacious, good lighting. Plenty of towels in the bathroom, nice amenities. The resort is huge-you feel as if you are in a small city under a biodome. They have trees, paths, shopping, gym, spa, etc. You can watch them feed the alligator and fish, and they have a water park. On the downside, the shower had mildew all over it (I did mention this to the front desk when I checked out) and the toilet paper is pretty thin. The beds are hard (at least for me). The food is mediocre, even in the restaurants. Parking is expensive, and they charge for each time you leave (even if it is multiple times a day). if you take a taxi from the airport, it will cost about $60. They do have town cars to take you back to the airport, and they are $61 fixed fare, not including tip. The hotel charges a $15/day "resort fee" for newpaper (which isn't delivered to your room, but put in a pile at the first floor elevator), use of the gym, wireless internet (which is sketchy around the resort), and 2 bottles of water in your room. They do offer free bus to the Disney parks. You can print your boarding passes for free in the lobby, but they will charge you by the minute if you need to use their computers for anything else. You do feel "nickeled and dimed" to death.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms seem to open into the atrium, which could be noisy if there is a big convention.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank peamomma
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Dissregard the name of this place because it is AWESOME, first thing is the hotel itself, we drove past it twice because we were looking for something much less than what this place is. The hotel is beautiful the lobby is georgous. We checked into our rooms and in the process the concierge suggested we view their latest attraction "Shrek the Halls". The beds were oh so comfortable, so much so that we took the mattress info and tried to get the same for home but were told they are a special just for the Gaylord chain(cry). In the Hotel is like a small park, there is a mini bayou you can stroll through to learn things, then a main area with alligators, a couple little restaurants and since we were there beginning of December there was a treasure hunt for the kids throughout the area. Shrek was again another AWESOME attraction in theis AWESOME hotel, if Gaylord Palms built more hotels I'd never stay anywhere else, sorry to babble on to the people reading this review but as you can tell from my ramblings I really liked this place and have definately bookmarked it as my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cjheuvel
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife attended a conference at the Gaylord Palms and I tagged along for a few days. As a venue for a conference, it is probably great. But as an option to visit Orlando as a tourist, not so great. First, the place is huge, so be prepared to do a bit of walking! From your car, to the reception, to your room, to the pool if you are on the other side of the complex from the pool area. The concept of a large glass covered atrium is interesting, but I found it was a bit too air conditionned for my liking and a bit too artificial for my taste.

Our room, however, was excellent. We had a corner room with one window looking outdoors, the other looking into the atrium, on "old Key West", which was nice. Good amenities in the room and a nice bed.

We ate one night on the "boat" in the Key West area: we both had fish, the dishes were cooked perfectly and we enjoyed the meal.

While tempted by the steak house, we found the prices horribly high. Judging by the size of the servings, my wife and I probably could have shared one steak. Why is it that American restaurants insist on such ridiculous portions????

We had another dinner in the sports bar. The beer was cold but the ribs, just average.

The adult pool area is pretty nice: good to have a place where there are no kids! But from what I could tell of the kids pool and water park, it did not seem that spectacular to me.

The primary reason to go to Orlando is the theme parks. The Gaylord Palms does not have enough reasons to choose it over the convenience of staying in one of the hotels at the theme parks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
1 mi away
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 340 in Orlando
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!