The Gaylord Palms is a destination in itself. The place is amazing. First off, we had a great taxi driver named Marty from the Orlando Taxi Service. He had a lot of history from the area and when he took us to dinner, he had a printed menu and a coupon ready for us. Awesome!! He also helped us find some other travelers to take in his 7 passenger van to lower our costs. Nice option, since cost was a concern for us.
Back to the Gaylord, we loved having a room in the atrium..nice temp and we could leave our doors open. The rooms were very nice. Before our bags were brought up, the front desk called to see if we needed anything, and even gave suggestions...do we need more coffee (the pot only makes one cup at a time), pillows, towels? I have NEVER had service like that!!
We ate at two of the restaurants: Sam's and the buffet. Both were great! Yes, things are a bit pricey, but you're on vacation (or, like us, a convention). I had a pear salad and crab bisque at Sam's. Both wonderful! At the buffet, it was italian night and it was fantastic! They had swordfish with sauce, coconut shrimp, prime rib, a unique pasta station, and lots of great desserts. This is al-you-can-eat, people, including drinks! I don't think the price is bad for that! If you want to save some money, there was a flyer in our room for an italian place that delivers. We did that for dinner one night, but because we were there with a 4000+ person convention, delivery took 90 minutes. Be ready.
If you have a convention here, you will love it. If you are doing the Disney thing, you might want to choose another hotel closer to the parks. This one would be fine for kids, but it was actually a nice break from kids, kids, everywhere, kids.
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, the 1,416-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort in Kissimmee, Florida features 4.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Water Park, featuring a double FlowRider and drop slide in addition to a multi-level treehouse water playground; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando