“Room where a murder took place”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #116 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, FL
“Room where a murder took place”
Reviewed April 20, 2007

Booked thru lastminutetravel.com 3 days before my visit. Booked on price. Arrived at front desk, they refused to accept my resveration price. Claimed my reservation was canceled, which I did not cancel, and lastminutetravel.com said was never canceled.
The AC did not work, holes in walls, and door was dented in, like someone had been in a fight and had died. Some bug or bugs were biting me all night long. Claim of FREE WIRELESS access, was false for the 3rd floor. Also pool has a strange green tint to it, never seen such a color in a pool

Look at the photos, wish I had known I could take a video and upload it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Condition, front desk not honoring reservation, no internet on 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank supermonkeyballer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
hoover
Reviewed April 19, 2007

To say this is a hotel brings a bad name to hotels everywhere! First of all, the rooms smelled HORRIBLE! I sprayed one can of lysol just to KILL THE GERMS and then the next few days I sprayed 2 cans of FeBreeze....on the curtains, the bed linens and that NASTY CARPETING on the FLOOR!!

I requested a microwave and refrigerator...They were in my room...hoorah...but no one thought to clean them out! If I wanted to use them (and I did) I needed to clean them out.

I don't know if someone tried to steal the Television, but the plug had been pulled out and the prongs were bent.

The heating and cooling unit in the room, though it worked, did not have a cover to it.

There were no wash clothes available. Glad I brought my own.

The travel agent that I spoke with said: Oh, Yes this is a nice hotel. I promised her that if it were nice i would call and ask for her specifically to book my next trip. Well, she can forget that!

I think it is time to tear that down and rebuild a new one!!!!

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank pamhoover

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

eu
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Look like a home less place then a resort
Breakfast is snacks with old coffee if you get some
Or one of the guests decided to take in her shirt the entire snacks!!!
(And I saw that)
Old sheets with holes and trace of some brown stains.
The place full with dirt and look abandoned.
The toilet bowl not connects to the ground and you can ravel across the room – fun ride!
The front desk person can not see any problem with that
We run out from this dump place after tow night even I played for 6 nights
To Howard Johnson resort near by –what a change.

IF YOUR HEALTH IS IMPORTANT TO YOU
STAY AWAY

• Liked — non non non non
  • Disliked — every thing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank lionking10
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2007

WOW!! How can a hotel go so down hill in just one year? I left a reveiw of Econo last year after staying there thru Feb 06. My son and I have stayed there for the last 3-4 years and have never had a problem. We usually meet our 'winter family' the snowbirds from NY and enjoy the sun. This year however we arrived to find everyone leaving for the Howard Johnson. The Econo was under new ownership and the place seemed dirty and un cared for. There is also a construction site right next door.The pool was unheated and the owner claimed there was a pump problem and it would take 2 weeks to get the part. C'mon, Florida is over run with pool engineers, and you can get parts Fedex'd overnight from anywhere. Having said that, the Econo is still good value for money, but needs a little TLC.

• Liked — The staff do a good job under duress
  • Disliked — It's a little on the shaby side
  • Stayed February 2007
1 Thank ChiefBosun
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2007

To say this hotel is bad, in an insult to bad hotels everywhere. The rooms were smelly and not that clean. The wall paper was falling off, and the staff was not helpful at all. I live in south Florida and I am in the Orlando area often for both business and personal travel. Next time I'd rather sleep in the car. Trying to find something good about this place would be like trying to find snow in Fort Lauderdale in July......just not going to happen

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Having to return.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank JoeFal
stpete fl
Reviewed March 3, 2007

we stayed there on the 3 of march we live in florida i booked 2 rooms for one night online almost a month ahead and i stoped by theere morning or the 3of march to make sure we had both rooms side by side and the woman at the desk said no problem but when we got to the hotel that night we didnt have our rooms side by side there was on differenet sides of the building and there was people out of there rooms loud and they was moving furnituer next to us and the staff wasnt friendly at all i would never stay at this hotel again and i would tell my friends and poeple about this hote the pictures you have on the net isnt anything like what we saw and it did say hairdrys in rooms and there wasnt any at all

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — verything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Miami Beach, Florida the BEST!!
Reviewed November 5, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Econo Lodge Polynesian on Nov. 3rd to 5th, 2006. I read the reviews of almost all the little hotels in Kissimmee and the Econo lodge was the only one with good reviews, it has two or three bad ones, but hey! What you pay is what you get! Well my experience at the hotel was FANTASTIC! It surpasses my expectations... Honestly! First of all we check in very late, we called before and they were kind enough to prepare our rooms with an extra roll away bed, and also prepare our keys, so we didn't have to wait. The hotel is very clean, is big enough to fit 5 adults, and it has a little table with two chairs, the TV is about 30 inches, is big for a economy hotel. I was more than happy to pay $34.00 + tax for 3 rooms, three nights, NO Complaints! The hotel is well located, is surrounded by restaurants, gift shops, pharmacies, and is very close to the theme parks. Oh I forgot the hotel offer FREE shuttle to the theme parks round trip, even though we didn’t need it because we had a van, the hotel provided us with FREE parking.
I couldn’t believe that this hotel with this cheap price was clean, comfy, well located, with a huge pool. I recommend going there; you are not going to regret it!

• Liked — Price,Cleanliness, comfy, location, and the staff.
  • Disliked — Me and my family of 15 pax we all loved the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring a Map otherwise you'll get a little lost in Kissimmee