“They should close the doors”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Mass
Reviewed August 1, 2005

when you decide to book a hotel online be carefull. the pictures on the web look like a great hotel, but beware. when we got there they only took a picture of one corner of the office, the other half was the breakfest area which looked like an office kitchenwith dark orange flurencent lights. since we were on the second floor so i said lets take the elevator wrong move. it was so hot in there and it almost didn't move at all. once we got into our room one out of three lights worked, two double sized beds, safe had no key sink had a broken faucethandle, bathroom door was broken ceiling had leaks tub looked like it had not been cleaned with bleach and a scrub pad in a year, ac had mold in it that you could see, and insted of having an iron ,ironing board and hair dryer which they did not have in the room we had a microwave and fridge that was hooked up but if you used it they would charge you $10.00 per night for each,and worst of all while i was sleeping i kept getting bitten buy something but when i went to look for it there wasn't anytinhg there which ment they had bed bugs, actual bed bugs. we checked out the next and found a five star hotel that was excellent. i will never take a picture off the internet as agood resorce again.

• Stayed: July 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2005

When we got into the room, there was dust and cobwebs all over the place. There were dried licorice pieces on the floor of the bathroom, and we found hair on the sheets and pillowcases. In the bathroom, the ceiling and shower curtain were covered in black mildew. And the housekeeper had the nerve to leave an envelope by the TV asking for a daily tip! We left tips out of horror of thinking about what the room would look like if we didn't! One day, the housekeeper didn't leave us any towels or cups, and when we went into the office to ask for some, we had to endure dirty looks from the clerk while waiting for her to get off the phone with her boyfriend. I realize you get what you pay for, but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2005

I was apprehensive, because the hotel was so cheap; however, it exceeded my expectations. The staff was nice and helpful and the room was plenty clean. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank Dodger2010
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2005

Cheap rates for march break but..... don't rely on the shuttle service, rooms are not very clean, helps if you speak spanish, neighbour's roof leaked on the 3rd and top floor, free breakfast is donuts and muffins in plastic from a box. ok for a one night stay over i guess but the rooms smell The staff were great though, very friendly and accommadating.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2004

We booked for 4 nights via the internet - it looked great .
The reality was the worst hotel we encountered in a month in USA.
The room was smelly and unpleasant, the bed did not feel clean and the plumbing woke us up at 5am.

As for the breakfast.... why do they bother?

We left after one night and forfeited the money we had paid for the other three nights.

• Stayed: March 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mt. Holly, NJ
Reviewed March 19, 2004

The Econolodge was pretty good for the price. I paid 29.99 a night and I thought the service was good for the price. I mean come on it's not the Hilton but if you looking for cheap but not a dump than this is the motel for you. You can't expect a really upscale motel for this price.
The pool is beautiful and I thought the staff was nice I liked the motel expecially the price!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2004

First, sorry for my english, I speak french.

I had a reservation for 6 nights since october 2003 (December 26 to January 1st), and I had ask for a refrigerator and a microwave in the room

We arrived early, the December 25, and went to Econo Lodge Polynesian to have one more night, this 25. No place. I confirmed my reservation and asked to registerer know, to make sure for te fridge and microwave.
The woman told me she can't, to come back early the next morning, what I did.

The December 26, I was there à 9h30, and asked the woman for my room and for the fridge and the microwave - No problem was here answer. She called to reserve them.

I also talked to her about the false publicity on the web pages of this hotel and she told me that the boss had notified the companies to modify the informations on their web sites.

When we where back, at about midnight (the shuttle was very late), there was no fridge and microwave in the room - Anyone at the lobby either.

I had to go to the lobby of the other hotel (at the Econo Lodge Polynesian, there is two hotel attached - we have to go to this other hotel's Lobby for services mostly often and for breakfast). The man told me that there is no fridge at this hour and that I had to wait to the next day.

We were obligated to delay our visit to Disney to make sure that we can put our things in the fridge before living.

I had to go back at the lobby in the morning, at 9h00 cause almost no fridge yet !!

And I won't elaborate on all the problems : noise, sound, hair dryer unusable, delay of the shuttle, and, especially, the service...etc.

So, if you want services.... forget the Econo Lodge Polynesian.

Lise