“Falling apart & exploding- but cheap and friendly!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #116 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Durant, Oklahoma
“Falling apart & exploding- but cheap and friendly!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had low expectations for this hotel because of the reviews. We stayed 5 days and paid about $223 for the week.
Pro's: inexpensive price, fairly pleasant staff was quick to address issues. Friendly housekeepers. Free breakfast that was well stocked.

Con's: wall lamp came loose upon touch, water constantly dripping in sink (after 3 days - I figured out the trick to getting it to shut off), No comforters on the beds, just sheets and worn blankets folded on the food of the bed, issues with the air conditioning (which they did fix- but there was a small explosion during the process that even left black scorch marks on the wall!) and the internet did not work most of the time. Construction going on next door was noisy. We were so exhausted from Disney that it did not bother us much.

This hotel certainly has some issues. However, I did get the feeling that they were trying to improve the issues. If I had paid more for this room and gone in with higher expectation I would be unhappy. If you stay here.. don't pay much and have low expectations, and be prepared for some glitches. Not the hotel to stay in if you plan on spending much time in the room!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rainalea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is in desperate need of renovating! It definitely has a seedy look to it. My husband and three children stayed here for 3 nights. The young woman (Lisa, I believe) that checked us in was very pleasant. We used points for two of the nights so we only needed to pay for one night. We were charged 25.00 for incidentals which we paid in cash. We did have it returned to us upon check out. It appeared that our room was in some stage of a makeover. There were no towel bars and the iron and blow dryer were just lying on the counter instead of hanging up. I requested extra towels as there were only 3 in the room and there were 5 of us and it took a long time to get them...we had to ask 3 times. The beds were clean and we were really only there to shower and sleep so we opted to stay. The pool is nothing special and my kids did not even care about going in it and they love water. Our room was located on the second floor and the dryer for that floor was broken so I had to use the first floor laundry which wasn't a problem but when I mentioned it to staff they just shrugged it of. The breakfast ends at 9:00 and the first morning we went down at about 8:45 a.m. The woman in charge of the breakfast began putting things away while my kids and other folks were still getting their breakfast. I had to ask her for plates and napkins and she gave me a big sigh as though I was inconveniencing her. I had to ask the owner for butter. We all had a good laugh at the sign posted that stated you had to eat breakfast in the dining room and if you chose to take a plate up to your room you would be charged $10.00! I have stayed at hotels comparable to this one and I have stayed in 5 star resorts and I have never seen such a sign! We opted to go to IHOP the next two days for breakfast! Our housekeeper was very pleasant and accommodating giving us extra towels as requested. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I would not stay here again which is unfortunate because with just a little bit of TLC it would be a decent hotel for budget minded travelers. It is located within walking distance of souvenir shops and restaurants and is only a 5 minute drive to Disney.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jeffersonville
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is the nastiest hotel in Kissimmee, The hotel staff and managements is -100. we had to go buy a door jam because our locks did not work, the management would not help us out, the room was horrible, everything was filthy. We stayed 1 night and moved to a hotel closer to Disney, PLEASE BEAWARE OF THIS HOTEL AND THEY CHARGE YOUR CARD FOR ALL SORTS OF STUFF, I GIVE THIS HOTEL A -500%

The floors were black with filth, we went to walmart and bought 2 cheap sleeping bags and 2 pillows, no way in HELL would we sleep using there sheets and stuff. we wore socks in the shower, just for our safety. The pool LOL was a joke.

There is no lighting anywhere, and its NOT SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MeAndYou4Ever
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We booked here, then cancelled after we found something better, so never checked in. Imagine my surprise when I was charged for a week's stay! (NOT one day, which would have been my penalty had I NOT cancelled) The manager tried to claim I had not cancelled. Fortunately I had reserved through booking.com who intervened, confirmed my cancellation, and saw to it that I was refunded. If you decide to book this hotel, do it through an agency. Red flag: sloppy management, possibly dishonest.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norman P
san diego
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I fully recommend following Jenny Currans advice (Forrest Gump’s Girl) and "Run Forrest Run" as far and as fast as you can from this place. I have travelled extensively for business the past 40 years and this this Econo Lodge rates as the second worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is filthy in and out. The rooms were last remodeled in approximately 1970 and last cleaned in 1980. There was only a bed cover no blanket. The electric outlet was open without a face plate. They save money by no tissues, no wake up calls, a non-working alarm clock. The doors were partially painted in a variety of colors and the bathroom jamb was partially eaten by something. Sleep in your rental car it is cleaner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank motrbob
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed 8 nights & staff was friendly on first day.. as our stay passed, we started seeing issues. Room was not vaccummed until we requested on 3rd day of our stay. 4th day onwards it was again the same old story. Towels were missing for couple of times & not changed everyday. Bath tub was not cleaned & you can see hairs from previous day. You dont have a trolley that you can use to move your luggage & belongings to your room. Lift is in bad shape & hallways are seen with leaking AC water + burnt marks. Blankets provided were with smoke holes. Breakfast was Ok but next to wash room & very crowded. Front desk lady doen't know how to check gmail & take print-outs. Place looks desserted after 10pm, would hardly recommend to someone.

Room Tip: Go for lower units as elevator access is limited & breakfast room would be close to go & com...