“I'd rather sleep under a bridge!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #116 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The experience begins with two very rude females at the front desk. Didnt see their name tags, because they were leaning down behind the computers. They acted like I was bothering them when I came in to check in... I used my choice privileges points to pay for this stay, ive never stayed at an Econo Lodge, now I know why... She tells me that I have to pay a $25 deposit, I am the assistant GM at a choice property so I know that this is not true. I gave her my card and she got an attitude with me saying that Unless I pay her with cash, that I would not get the deposit back for 5-10 business days. When i challenged this she and the other girl both gave me a serious attitude, which I absolutely do not appreciate at all! Then she gives me a small clipboard with questions that she says I need to hand write the answers to like how many people are in the room and such... Whick Im pretty sure should be entered in the computer when I book the room... The just gives me the key and no explaination of how to get to the room which is two buildings away...

Then we get to the room finally, it is not as pictured on the choice website for this location, the room is quite disgusting! Very out dated, the table that you eat on is about to tip over, the tv is so old you cant see the picture clearly, there is no microwave, but a fridge that one should be bolted to. None of the electrical outlets work, half of them are smashed into the wall so you are scared to touch them. And Im 80% sure that there is black mold growing in the shower! I want my points back, that is if we make it through the night here tonight!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashley N

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great price. If you are a choice hotels customer you will get a special rate about 27 dollars. If you are not log on the website. Also the breakfast is ok and the shuttle works fine in the morning. At the afternoon it might be not that good because of the schedule (only 8.45 and 10.05). The good thing is if you want to get to Disney you have Lynx bus number 56 for only 2 dollars. Also there is a Walmart super center near and a great target and Marshall's and Joanne's near In Kissimmee. Taxi tithe airport from location is about 40-45 dollars. Rent a car while in Orlando. I spent unnecessary money on cabs.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed October 23, 2013

When walking to the stairs to get to our room, there was a bench seat from a vehicle in the walkway. That was a bad first impression. The next day at 5 PM still nobody came to straightened up the room or change the towels. And when we left the same bench seat was there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EconoLodgeFL662, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Wilfred,

We are always trying to improve and your comments are very important for us. We will discuss your comments with our staff to ensure that our property appearance is best kept for your experience. Thank you for providing the opportunity to improve.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I hate finding hair in the bathroom of a "clean" room. There were broken towel racks, an economical stay but still a little disheartening. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows were very flat. The breakfast was all cold foods except for the waffle maker.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EconoLodgeFL662, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Maria,

We at Econo Lodge take the satisfaction of our guest with high level of importance. I will personally discuss your comments with our housekeepers and ensure that they are diligent in their efforts to provide you with a great experience and a clean room.

I do encourage you to inform us of any shortcoming while you are still here, and give us the opportunity to correct any issues with the excellent service which you deserve.

Thank you very much for your feed back and giving us information which will help us serve you better.

Hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I understand that this place is an economy option but no one should be subject to the service and filth that I was!!
These people don't give a stuff!
We had cockroaches all through our room and talked to three people who said they didn't care and too go away.
After three x 50 min on the phone and two hang ups we got through to customer relations who got us moved to another room that also had cockroaches and a used condom under the bed sheets!!!!
Also despite promises of high speed internet the wifi didn't work..
Needless to say we cut our 4 day stay down to two days and they insisted on still charging us for an extra day because we left early!
When we said that wasn't fair they laughed and said "that's procedure and you signed the credit card with so too bad you have no rights"
We have tried 3 times to get this rectified and its like hitting your head against a brick wall!
DO NOT STAY AT ECONOLODGE!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Palmvac
EconoLodgeFL662, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Palmvac,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I am the general manager at Econo Lodge and am available at the property during normal business hours every day of the week. I wish you had contacted me so that I could correct any issues you were having while you were still staying with us.

We pride ourselves in providing quality customer service and want to thank you for bringing any opportunity to improve to our attention. I will be sure to discuss this within our staff meeting this week.

We hope when you return you will see that we have worked harder to raise our standards and meet your needs.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here last weekend, aug 25. Its good for the money. But there are a few things to tell you about, NO iron, no ironing board, you have to get it from the office by request. The curtains didn't really close all the way, I had to use a safety pin to close them at the bottom. The air didn't work really well, it was on cold the whole time but felt like it was barely on. The beds weren't that comfortable, felt like they needed to flip them or rotate them, it was not a good sleep. But they were good at checkin, little snippy, but ok. Its a good location for food and there is a CVS right across the street for convenience for shopping. Waffle house next door and walking distance, lots of other restaurants right across the street. The shuttle was good, except they only drop off and pick up at Epcot parking lot. That makes for a lot of planning on your day, if you had to take a taxi I heard from taxicab, it could cost at least 20.00 to ride back. So think about it. Its not that bad for the money.

Room Tip: ask for room with microwave and fridge for 10.00 more. ITs worth it .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Skip H

Dear Skip,

Thank you for your valuable review.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed all of the shopping, restaurants, attractions which we are in the heart of. Super Walmart , CVS, Ruby Tuesdays, UNOs, Chillis, Publix, gifts shops and much more are less than a mile away. We are also very minutes from Disney World.

Thank you also for recognizing our shuttle service to Epcot, from where you can take a disney shuttle to ALL of the Disney Parks. We also offer shuttles to Universal Studios and Sea World.

We are also working to renovate and always improve based on our guest feed back. We have already started to install Irons and Iron Boards in our guest rooms.

We have different category of rooms. While some are most economical for travelers on the strict budget, We are glad that you recommend our travelers to spend the extra money to choose a Double QUEEN Room with a Micro and Fridge which also offers more comfortable beds and newly renovated furniture.

We again, thank you for your stay and look forward to providing you with a excellent experience when you return.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Acceptable breakfast but below acceptable standards in other areas. In July, 2013 the pool was being repaired so it could not be utilized, in a full bed room the microwave and refrigerator were not complimentary, and we had difficulty requesting extra clean towels/soaps. Additionally, the shuttle to the theme parks was not as convenient and comfortable as we would have thought. We would not recommend the shuttle services for families. Fine for a quick, cheap, one night stay for a couple passing through- but not a relaxing vacation retreat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple