“Dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
“Dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I hate finding hair in the bathroom of a "clean" room. There were broken towel racks, an economical stay but still a little disheartening. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows were very flat. The breakfast was all cold foods except for the waffle maker.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EconoLodgeFL662, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Maria,

We at Econo Lodge take the satisfaction of our guest with high level of importance. I will personally discuss your comments with our housekeepers and ensure that they are diligent in their efforts to provide you with a great experience and a clean room.

I do encourage you to inform us of any shortcoming while you are still here, and give us the opportunity to correct any issues with the excellent service which you deserve.

Thank you very much for your feed back and giving us information which will help us serve you better.

Hoping to see you soon.

Econo Lodge GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I understand that this place is an economy option but no one should be subject to the service and filth that I was!!
These people don't give a stuff!
We had cockroaches all through our room and talked to three people who said they didn't care and too go away.
After three x 50 min on the phone and two hang ups we got through to customer relations who got us moved to another room that also had cockroaches and a used condom under the bed sheets!!!!
Also despite promises of high speed internet the wifi didn't work..
Needless to say we cut our 4 day stay down to two days and they insisted on still charging us for an extra day because we left early!
When we said that wasn't fair they laughed and said "that's procedure and you signed the credit card with so too bad you have no rights"
We have tried 3 times to get this rectified and its like hitting your head against a brick wall!
DO NOT STAY AT ECONOLODGE!!!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Palmvac
EconoLodgeFL662, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Palmvac,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I am the general manager at Econo Lodge and am available at the property during normal business hours every day of the week. I wish you had contacted me so that I could correct any issues you were having while you were still staying with us.

We pride ourselves in providing quality customer service and want to thank you for bringing any opportunity to improve to our attention. I will be sure to discuss this within our staff meeting this week.

We hope when you return you will see that we have worked harder to raise our standards and meet your needs.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Econo Lodge GM

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Griffin, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here last weekend, aug 25. Its good for the money. But there are a few things to tell you about, NO iron, no ironing board, you have to get it from the office by request. The curtains didn't really close all the way, I had to use a safety pin to close them at the bottom. The air didn't work really well, it was on cold the whole time but felt like it was barely on. The beds weren't that comfortable, felt like they needed to flip them or rotate them, it was not a good sleep. But they were good at checkin, little snippy, but ok. Its a good location for food and there is a CVS right across the street for convenience for shopping. Waffle house next door and walking distance, lots of other restaurants right across the street. The shuttle was good, except they only drop off and pick up at Epcot parking lot. That makes for a lot of planning on your day, if you had to take a taxi I heard from taxicab, it could cost at least 20.00 to ride back. So think about it. Its not that bad for the money.

Room Tip: ask for room with microwave and fridge for 10.00 more. ITs worth it .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Skip H
Dear Skip,

Thank you for your valuable review.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed all of the shopping, restaurants, attractions which we are in the heart of. Super Walmart , CVS, Ruby Tuesdays, UNOs, Chillis, Publix, gifts shops and much more are less than a mile away. We are also very minutes from Disney World.

Thank you also for recognizing our shuttle service to Epcot, from where you can take a disney shuttle to ALL of the Disney Parks. We also offer shuttles to Universal Studios and Sea World.

We are also working to renovate and always improve based on our guest feed back. We have already started to install Irons and Iron Boards in our guest rooms.

We have different category of rooms. While some are most economical for travelers on the strict budget, We are glad that you recommend our travelers to spend the extra money to choose a Double QUEEN Room with a Micro and Fridge which also offers more comfortable beds and newly renovated furniture.

We again, thank you for your stay and look forward to providing you with a excellent experience when you return.

Sincerely

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Acceptable breakfast but below acceptable standards in other areas. In July, 2013 the pool was being repaired so it could not be utilized, in a full bed room the microwave and refrigerator were not complimentary, and we had difficulty requesting extra clean towels/soaps. Additionally, the shuttle to the theme parks was not as convenient and comfortable as we would have thought. We would not recommend the shuttle services for families. Fine for a quick, cheap, one night stay for a couple passing through- but not a relaxing vacation retreat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wiskyjax
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Just needed a room to sleep before heading back home the next morning. To make a long story short, at least there were no roaches. the room was inexpensive. however if you do not have to stay here do not stay here. especially if you have children with you.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Karena1stof4
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is the worst place I've ever been. Rooms are filthy, dirt, hair , blood even poop smeared on bathroom walls Management are rock heads as well as most of there guest. This place should not be in business in fact it needs to be demolished or burnt. Pictures on the Internet are lyes not the same place So stay away!!!!!!!! Wouldn't stay there if the paid me.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Kylentrish
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have a baby who has a congenital illness and he gets sick easy in dirty places so I asked for a CLEAN ROOM. I had to check in on the way to his appointment. It was pouring raining. They have NO POOL, place is under construction, so no overhead when you pull up. I was drenched.

Came back at 8pm. Room in front open with three LOUD DRUNK MEN. They moved their hips at me in a really disgusting gesture as I unloaded things to the room. Baby was tired and just passed out. Then I started noticing things. Furniture NOT DUSTED. No towels, so I called and some burly guy delivered some.

After baby was deep in sleep I am able to get a shower. I turned on bathroom light. Toilet seat NEEDED TO BE CHANGED. Was scared to sit on it. Shower had African American pubic hair it...saying this so you know IT WASNT MINE. It also had a dead centipede. I decided no shower. I had to go to bathroom badly. I pulled door that was covering wall to close it after lining the nasty toilet with paper.

Someone had peed down the wall behind the door and the pee had not even been washed up from wall and trim. I called the desk...nothing she could do just said talk to manager in morning!!

Talked to manager in morning and she said..."She would complain to housekeeping?!?"

My baby threw up twice after we left and had the shitz. He was crying all day. I am SO ANGRY. There was a NEW section they booked other people in that may have been clean, but they put the person who has sick baby in that HELL HOLE.

I am by myself and have chronic pain, can barely walk or I would have left, for those of you that wonder why I didn't. THIS IS A FILTHY DIVE FOR DRUNKS. UNSAFE FOR KIDS--AVOID

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family