“Very good indian food. Choose this restaurant over Passage to India.”
Review of Taste of Punjab

Taste of Punjab
Ranked #77 of 810 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kissimmee
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a takeaway meal from this restaurant during our stay in Florida. I had read the reviews and the restaurant food deserves the high ratings. On the flip side we tried Passage to India and found the food terrible. We waited longer than promised and wish we'd never bothered. It was one of the worst curries we've eaten.

In short if you are in the Kissimmee area order from Taste of Punjab and not Passage to India.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Have been in the place a couple of times just to order take-away food. I ordered chicken biryani, chicken tikka masala and garlic nam...very tasty food and not too pricey (not too cheap either). If you are visiting Orlando / Kissimmee area and you are an Indian food fan, this is the place to go! Food is super good ...safe zone if you want to introduce someone to Indian food. Willing to go back again in my next trip to Orlando...this time to dine in!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were driving back to the hotel deciding where to eat. I said I hadn't had good Indian food in a long time and literally 1 block later we see a big sign that says Indian Restaurant. It was truly fate that brought us to A Taste of Punjab. The place doesn't look like much and has glass table tops over tacky plastic table covers. But the food was great. Lots and lots of vegetarian choices. I had a lamb dish, we had vege samosas and and a chickpea dish. Everything was great and we filled up very quickly with enough to take with us. The lamb dishes were $16.95 and the chickpea was $11.95. Samosas were $3 for 2. Not a cheap place to eat. You could order 2 dishes for 3 people to share and have enough. They had 2 imported Indian beers - kingfisher and taj. The Taj is $7 but it's a large bottle and enough for 2 glasses. Definitely worth a stop when you're in the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for dinner with the family after a long and expensive day of shopping. I chose this place due to the high rating on TA. I am an Indian of Punjabi descent and love cooking Punjabi style food thus i can be picky when it comes to this type of cuisine. Any how on with my review; 1) Service was prompt and friendly 2) Aloo gobi was freesh and tasty, ckicken tikka masala lacked the authentic flavour, seemed like there was too much cream added, tandoori chicken did not taste fresh. Not sure if it was pre cooked? I also come from Vancouver, Canada where there is a huge choice of Indian restaurants and if this place operated there it would not rate this high so I am giving it a solid 3. The place also needs a reno.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service was friendly and fast! We ate at about 6:30pm and there were about 6 other tables of guests. The food was very tasty! We've eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants and this is definitely a good one! The price was the best thing! Chana Masala and Aloo Palak were about $10 each, and served with rice. Other Indian cuisine in the area is about $15 for the same items. They also offer a huge selection of vegetarian and VEGAN food!

1  Thank VeganVacation