“Very enjoyable golf course”

Oaks National Golf Club
Gowanstown Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable golf course”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We love golfing at Kissimmee Oaks. The current owners Sweetie and Paul, are working very hard to restore the course to its previous good condition and we have noted vast improvements every day we have been there and we have golfed there every day for the last 2 weeks. The fairways are very good and the greens are improving daily. We had read previous reviews before we arrived in Kissimmee and were concerned about what we would find. We found none of the things we read about in previous reviews. There are no weeds in the bunkers, and the fairways are in really good condition. Some of the tee blocks have been moved temporarily so that the main tee blocks can regenerate.The owners are working hard to improve the overall appearance of the course. We have seen quite an improvement since last year at this time. The course is busy and that is a positive. Thanks Sweetie for your friendly and accommodating reception every day. We look forward to your friendly greeting every morning.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marie P

Orlando, Florida
“I love it”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very good golf course, polite staff, they are working very hard to improve and we can see the results. Thanks!

Kissimmee, Florida
“COMING BACK”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have played this course for the last 10 yrs. I've played at it's best and worst.I will agree that the course has not been taken care of properly. That's because the owner has not been putting money in to care for it.Since April Sweetie & Paul came into the picture not knowing what the situation was and not knowing the condition of the course.I will tell you this since they have been here,they have been working countless hrs trying to bring the course back to life, and they have succeeded.The fairways and rough are in great shape. they have a Superintendent who is bringing the Greens back to life.All this work takes time,but i can assure you in time all you doubters will be surprised when it's done.For people who never ran a Golf Course before i give them a lot of credit for trying. This course will be back soon thanks to all the hard work the Employees and Volunteers have done.

Kissimmee, Florida
“Horrible conditions stay away!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I usually go to golfnow.com but my friend lives nearby and told me let's go to the Oaks. So we did I can tell when I got there something was wrong also the lady in the front doesn't seem to know what she's doing. The fairways are horrible Tee boxes are even worse you're better off playing out of your backyard your backyard is probably in better shape than the whole course I stopped playing after 5holes. the greens are definitely diseased MetroWest had this problem and had to shut down and revamp the whole course. This place needs to be torn down and rebuilt or just torn down. The owner has no idea what he's doing I agree with the others I feel sorry for the kids that play in tournaments at this course what a joke! I went back to the clubhouse and ask if I can get a nine-hole refund the lady told me know because I had already paid for 18 this course is very expensive for the conditionsyou would have more fun playing at Congo River Golf stay away I won't be going back there even if it was for free stay classy Kissimmee oaks P.O.S for sure beware ladies and gentlemen

Visited September 2013
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“Kissimmee Oaks is back on track”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I live in the community and play golf a lot in kissimmee Oaks Golf Course, Fairways are in nice condition rough is cut, the course is back . The greens are improving a lot too. They also have a league with a bunch of golfers who is fun to play with. I am Glad , I love the course and is nice to see it in good shape again.