“My son & I and TF51's”
Review of Stallion 51

Stallion 51
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly an Authentic WWII Mustang. Stallion 51 offers the rare opportunity to experience the legendary P-51 Mustang and the historic T-6 Texan in flight as well as the Introduction to UAT flights at the controls of the L-39 Turbo Jet. Orientation and Introductory flights are with experienced instructors who allow you to take the controls in dual-cockpit, dual-control authentic vintage aircraft. Hands-on orientation flights include pre and post flight briefing, video recording of your flight, photo and flight training certificate. Stallion 51 has been a leader in WWII and Vintage aviation for over 25 years; keeping aviation history exciting, available and safe for everyone. Visitors are always welcome to tour Stallion 51's facilities.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 12, 2013

How much more fulfilling can it be to fulfill a dream come true than to do it with your son? I cannot find the exact words to express the joy and excitement we had in flying these marvelous warbirds with the help of two excellent, professional and personable pilots Homer and Boards.Does WOW! express everything in one word? You bet! But to fly in formation with your own son how can it get any better? All I can say again is a heartfelt thanks to the entire Stallion 51 group.

1  Thank RayTodd1941
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Ray, It was our pleasure to share not only our Mustangs with you and your son but to be able to make such a special moment. Thank you for letting us be a part of a special memory for your family. KT Budde-Jones

There are newer reviews for Stallion 51

Reviewed November 8, 2013

If I would have had the money to buy a real Mustang I wouidn't have hesitated a second. This was the next best since I got to fly the P51 in great acrobatic the entire 1 hour flight after gears up. Before I even landed I had decided that I will do this again some time because I learned a lot about flying and especially the Mustang secrets. My advice is, save money and go fly at Stallion 51 you won't regret it! It is well worth every spent dollar.
/ Cai

1  Thank Cai S
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Cai, We enjoy sharing our Mustangs with our European visitors; we have a shared history with the Mustang and glad we can keep the P-51's history alive for everyone on both sides of the ocean. We look forward to your return visit and another opportunity to share the cockpit with you. Until then, thank you, KT Budde-Jones.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I will start this review by saying I wish TripAdvisor had a rating higher than Excellent! I can't put into words what already hasn't been said. On September 27th, I had the honor of a lifetime sharing the cockpit of the TF-51 "Crazy Horse 2" with the incredible John "Homer" Black for an hour, which turned out to be the quickest hour of my life. Everything from the pre-brief to the flight iteself, to the post-brief was handled with the upmost professionalism and expertise. I can't say enough of the staff at Stallion51, and the incredible instructors. And the facilities and aircraft are spotless and impeccably maintained. Spending an hour behind the stick of a real P-51 Mustang was something that simple cannot be put into words. Exploring the Mustang's envelope with Homer's guidance and instruction through aerobatics and even some formation flight with another TF-51 was nothing short of a religious experience. I am simply a low time 100+ hour Private Pilot, but I was still on the controls through most of the flight, including the landing....and I can't wait to do it again :)

-Scott Greenfield

1  Thank P51Lover
MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Scott; Glad we could put a P-51 Mustang flight in your log book for you! We look forward to sharing the Mustang with you again as well as our other cockpits; the T-6 Texan and the L-39 TurboJet. Thank you for the 5+ star review. KT Budde-Jones

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I think I know now what John Gillespie Magee,Jr felt when he pinned "High Flight" I have flown lots of airplanes but none captured the essence of the poem like my flight in the Mustang. Superb service and care were the way of the day. I just hope to do it again.

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Joe, We hope you can fly with us again as well. Glad that you experienced the "High Flight" that you had daydreamed about. KT Budde-Jones

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went to Stallion51 and took the 30 minute orientation flight.Wish I had taken the 60 minute one.
I got to fly with John HOMER Black,this man is just a real gentleman,a first class instructor;and
just brilliant to fly with.He gives you loads of confidence.He put me through my paces,I have never been through such an intense workout in my life like this.I would highly recomend this to anybody who is interested in old aeroplanes.Only one fault,the recording comes on a mini video tape,which means you have to find someone to put it on a disc or memory stick.Everything else about Stallion51 and these Mustangs is just absolutely FANTASTIC.

Mark, Glad to hear that your Mustang flight with "Homer" was a first class experience and you had a fantastic time. We appreciate your feed back on the recording of your flight. We know it is important to capture all the thrills of not only flying in one of our dual cockpit-dual control Mustangs but to also be able to take the controls and fly it yourself! Besides, who would believe that you flew a P-51 Mustang if you did not have the video to prove it! Thank you for sharing. KT Budde-Jones