“Two items out of the Bucket List!”
Review of Stallion 51

Stallion 51
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly an Authentic WWII Mustang. Stallion 51 offers the rare opportunity to experience the legendary P-51 Mustang and the historic T-6 Texan in flight as well as the Introduction to UAT flights at the controls of the L-39 Turbo Jet. Orientation and Introductory flights are with experienced instructors who allow you to take the controls in dual-cockpit, dual-control authentic vintage aircraft. Hands-on orientation flights include pre and post flight briefing, video recording of your flight, photo and flight training certificate. Stallion 51 has been a leader in WWII and Vintage aviation for over 25 years; keeping aviation history exciting, available and safe for everyone. Visitors are always welcome to tour Stallion 51's facilities.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I always had the remote dream of flying a WW2 fighter and a military jet. Well, those dreams are completed. Thanks to Lee and the great team at Stallion 51. Lee's a consummate professional with the sense of fun that made the dream possible. On the second day, flying the L-19, Lee said, "I think we can do some formation flying with the P51!". Sure enough, with 10 minutes left, Crazy Horse shows up off the left wing low and I was flying in formation with a P51! How cool is that!

So make the trip! It's worth it big time!

Mustangs Forever!

Gord (Newmarket, Ontario Canada)

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Gordon, As the old gum commercial song went you "doubled your pleasure and doubled your fun" flying both the jet and the P-51! And you got it all on video to share with all your envious friends. Glad we could fulfill not one but two things on your bucket list. Hope to see you again. KT Budde-Jones

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"airline pilot"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The 88 reviews prior to mine, have already said what could to be said about this experience. I had the honor of flying with Lee, and I mean honor. My preflight was very informational. We did exactly what we talked about in the air. The time went so fast. Going up with Lee, I was extremely nervous because I did not want to embarrass myself with this well known man. Lee did everything to assure me and guide me through our flight. I could not believe my ears when he told me he was going to allow me to land his baby. I think I did alright, we only bounced 3x giving Lee a good chuckle and telling me a got a 3 for 1.

I still have a smile on my face. I still zone out thinking of the loops and turns and yes, my 3 for. It really was a dream come true. Thank you Lee and to his staff for making my experience everything possible I hoped it would be. I am already saving my pennies to return next year.

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dave, Glad to hear you had a great time flying with "Mr. Mustang" himself, Lee Lauderback. Stallion 51 is blessed with a hangar full of great vintage aircraft including our two P-51s and wonderfully skilled pilots to share them with our guests. We look forward to your return and will save a place in the cockpit for you. KT Budde-Jones

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ever since I was a child I have dreamed of flying a P-51. Thanks to Stallion 51 that dream has come true. The crew at Stallion 51 are first rate and I cannot compliment them highly enough. From the time I scheduled the flight till I landed and viewed the video the experience was unbelievable. The pilot, Steve Larmore was very informative, friendly, and professional. You can tell they enjoy what they do and make sure your experience is unforgettable. I cannot describe the experience adequately. You can only experience it for yourself.. If you have ever dreamed of flying a P-51 do yourself a favor and take Crazy Horse for a ride. You will not regret it.

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Tony, So glad we could fulfill your dream of taking the controls of a P-51 Mustang. Even though we hear this often, we take everyone's dreams to heart. Please come back to see us. KT Budde-Jones

Reviewed May 28, 2013

On May 8 my husband fulfilled a lifelong dream of flying a P51 Mustang. From the early planning stages back in December when I was trying to set this up as a surprise, Julia made everything fabulously easy. She even remembered that during my call I memtioned that this would be a surprise, so when my husband decided to call for information, she never let on that I had already begun the process of setting up the flight.

When we arrived, it was as if we were family. Julia made us feel right at home and my husband's instructor Joh "Homer" Black also made us feel very welcome. Everything was done in such a professional yet friendly manner. A long time friend came down to share the day and he and I were both included in the preflight briefings. We were able to be out near the airplanes until just before start up. Then again as soon as the planes were shut down. It was so nice to be a part of this adventure.

The flight was, of course the highlight of our vacation and ranks as the best of the best of things he has ever done. Thanks to everyone at Stallion 51 for making this a dream come true for my husband.You are all AWESOME!

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

We are glad that your ultimate surprise flight in one of our dual cockpit- dual control Mustangs was a big hit with your husband. We often help people give the perfect gift to someone special for that once in lifetime treat. Of course, for many that once in a lifetime treat happens again when they come back for another flight with Stallion 51. Flying the Mustang is addicting! KT Budde-Jones

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have you ever thought about flying a historic WWII fighter? This is the place. You walk in and the first thing you notice is that the aircrafts and hangers are spotless (not an easy thing to do). Everyone at Stallion 51 is so friendly and profession. They put you at ease right way and it quickly becomes apparent that they love the aircraft and love what they do. The Mustang was a joy to fly. It was an honor and a privilege to be able to fly the Mustang. The hard work they do at Stallion 51 to keep them flying and to share it is the best way to honor the men and women (WASP) of WWII.

Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to know that our love of the Mustang and the history it represents is apparent in what we do and share with people like you. Hope you will come back and see us. KT Budde-Jones.