Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$92
$87
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
Hotels.com
$119
  • Pool
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
$65
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$135
$373
$206
Cancelon
1,869 results
All reviewswater parklazy riverrooftop poolheritage crossingpro shopcentre court ridgesandy ridgeclubhouse restaurantthree bedroombedroom villathe main hotelstainless steel appliancesdriving rangefull kitchendisney fireworksown bathroompublix supermarket
Reviewed August 12, 2008

My stay at the Ginn was amazing. That had to of been one of the best hotels I've stayed in, and I've had my share of hotels. The resort is enormous, 2300 acres. The resort is very well maintained, and the landscaping is gorgeous.

The water park is incredible, for it to be in a resort. There is a lazy river, one water slide, and an incredible kiddy area. I'm 15, and I loved the kiddy area!

The room is amazing, it definitely exceded my expectations of the room. We booked a 3 bedroom villa. The style of the room was tropical like. Each room has a Plasma TV, with DVD players. The beds have 800 count thread sheets. And the beds are amazing. After a long day at a theme park, your going to be very happy to plop down on that bed! The entire room is tiled, except for the living area, and bedrooms. There is high-quality carpets in the room.

The kitchen, wow! There are stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, cups, mugs, salad making bowls, utensils, and anything you need to create a home made meal.

The hotel offers free transportation anywhere around the resort, when you call them, and ask for it, they tell you to step outside, it'll be right there, it doesn't arrive for another 15 minutes.

The staff was very friendly, and kind.

The view of the golf course was just phenomenal! It looked like it came out of a postcard.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank BLopezMIA
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I found the Reunion Resort while browsing the web. I had no referrals, but read some good reviews and decided for it. We are just back from a week at the resort in a group of 15 people. We initially rented an 8-bedroom house but got a call from the resort a couple of months ago saying there was some problem with it, so they upgraded us to a 7-bedroom deluxe house at no extra cost. The house was amazing – spacious, brand new, beautifully decorated, plasma TV’s in all rooms, nice private swimming pool, barbecue, even had an elevator! My friends were all amazed at the great choice I made. And the resort is gorgeous, very well-kept. It also has an awesome water park, which my 4-year-old son enjoyed more than any Disney park. I just wish I hadn’t booked so many parks and stayed for such a short period, because we didn’t have much chance to enjoy such a great infrastructure. I’ll definitely stay at the Reunion Resort next time I go to Orlando, and I’m recommending it to all my friends!

3  Thank KaInCanada
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This was our 2nd trip to Ginn Reunion Resort. We returned because the first trip was awesome. However , we had rented directly through the owner that time. We stayed for THREE nights this time and were in FOUR different villas! We had 7 people in our party. The 1st villa we checked into had no dining room table (nor was there room for one) and only had a bar type seating for 3. We called the front desk and they apologized & moved us (said it was an engineering mishap to that unit) We were moved to a 2 story villa that seemed OK until that night when we realized 2 of the bedrooms faced the highway. The noise and street lights kept us up all night. Called front desk in AM and they said they would move us. They apologized and said those units are known for those problems. We were moved into another villa (in another section) that was beautiful. All was perfect until that next AM when we were told we would have to move due to the owner of that unit coming in! Off we went to villa #4. Keep in mind it's not easy moving 7 people w/belongings as well as food, refrig, bathroom items etc. It took us close to 2 hours each time we moved. I thought at the very least, we would be offered a discount for a round of golf. All we heard was "sorry for the inconvenience." It's a beautiful resort, but the customer service left a bad taste and we won't be back. Too many other choices out there. We aren't people who are hard to please, but a 5 star resort needs to hire/train quality customer service. Just a note from mgmt along with the bill acknowledging what happened would have sufficed. I suppose we could have raised a big stink about it to mgmt, but this was a Grad gift for our son and we wanted to keep things on a happy note.

1  Thank SJ445
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We have 3 kids - 12, 9 ,4 - and stayed in a 2 BR condo for a week to go the Disney thing over Spring Break. We have traveled a lot and are not hard to please. Reunion Resort was expansive, nicely located, and attractive. That being said, the resort has a wannabe-a-5-star feeling to it... it doesn't quite make it.

If you stay here, expect a very nice experience, but don't anticipate the extra touches that should be offered since this resort is supposed to be 5 star - it's not. The service was mediocre; the restaurants, pro shop, fitness areas feel like those of a major hotel chain - sterile with little personality; the food was unremarkable and expensive; and the amenities just aren't top notch. A few specifics...

We found our unit to be comfortable and convenient, but it felt like any moderately upscale national hotel chain.

One of the 3 golf courses was being prepared for the LPGA tournament and was in great shape - the other 2 appeared to have been neglected during that process and were barely playable.

The kids enjoyed the waterpark - that end of the property is unfinished and has a raw appearance, but the pool area and waterpark itself were very nice - beautifully landscaped - but the bathrooms were not clean.

The three times we tried to use the concierge for simple matters, we didn't get response until a couple hours later, and by then we had taken care of the issues ourselves.

The front desk was very helpful, however, after we checked out and discovered we'd left some of our extra blankets and pillows from home - they followed up immediately and mailed everything to us.

We weren't at Reunion a lot during this trip as Disney had our full attention, so the resort was adequate. We were glad we only paid about half of the going rate through an Extra Vacation package with our timeshare company - definitely wouldn't have been worth full price!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gonefrom3kids
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I think it is pertinent to know about the reviewer when it comes to Orlando because there are so many places to stay and it caters to such a wide variety of people. This was our second trip to Orlando. Each time, we chose to stay 3 nites on site and 3 nites off site. Last year it was the Caribbean Beach at Disney and then the Hyatt Cypress. This year it was the Royal Pacific for Universal and Ginn Reunion. So I don't have the breadth of experience others might have. I have also never rented a condo before.

If you just like a place to crash, there are many cheaper alternatives available. But the quality of a place affects how much I enjoy my vacation, how well I sleep, etc... If this applies to you, read on.

I find it very hard to believe that we can, in Orlando, top this resort for the money we paid ($234 a night for the July 4th weekend. I presume the prices were higher for the holiday.) I also don't think that the resort is clearly marketing their amenities because I think they are unmatched (based upon my internet research) in this price range. WHY?

1. Quality: We paid for a superior room that was decorated as luxuriously as any 4 or 5 star hotel. It was immaculate and beautiful. The master suite and the living room had separate balconies overlooking the golf course. The balconies were large enough to hold tables and chairs. Granite counters, top of the line appliances, Cuisnart pots, Henkel knives, washer and dryer, spacious rooms, flat screen tvs in every room, free cable internet access and daily maid service. Tech support for our internet coneection issue was in our room within 30 minutes. You simply can not get a room with these amenities at a hotel or, I presume, a rented condo with the quality and number of amenities this resort has. Of course, I haven't even mentioned golf ... Which leads to my next category.

2. Hotel Services with the benefits of a condo: I didn't fully realize this until we stayed there. You have 24 hour food service, 24 hour concierge, food and drink service at the main pool, and all of the other amenities listed in other reviews. You can have your refrigerator stocked with food before you get there. The lobby of the main building is very impressive and beautiful.

3. Service: This was my Ginn Reunion moment. When I asked Jen from the Concierge how I could get tickets to Seaworld on line, she offered to have me email them to her and she would have a driver deiliver the documents to my doorstep. When I discovered that I couldn't do that, she offered to immediately send a driver to pick me up and bring me to the 24 hour business center. She suggested I come by driver, have a cocktail at the rooftop pool bar, and have a driver take me back to the room. When we left our jewelry in the safe, Jen called me personally to ensure me they would fedex the jewelry to us.

4. Location: We were in a small buidling on the edge of the resort. It was quite and peaceful, which was good for us. I got to the resort exits in 8 minuteson the highway. We had a spectacular view of the fireworks from our balcony.

5. Amenities: They are described by other reviewers and the company's website. As others said, the water park alone is a reason -- for kids and parents -- to stay there. It is huge and has great service and family entertainment.

4  Thank NYCBushbaby