“Kissimmee Bay GC return”

Kissimmee Bay Country Club
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We discovered this course 2years ago and return at least once every time we are here. It's sister club-Remington is good as well. The course was in prime shape. Although it is a community housing GC, it is wide and fun to play. The cost was only $ 37.25. The staff were friendly, the food delicious, the prices reasonable and the carts were great. Their weekly Friday night supper is superb as well. This is a definite bargain

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Nice layout, generally good condition but rather wet in areas when we visited after some days of rain. Like many courses bunkers just compacted sand. Good value via Golfnow. Slow front nine, we seemed to be stuck behind a group lesson, but pace picked up after that, still 4.75 hours which seems to be what you have to expect particularly if you start late morning onwards. Greens pretty good overall. Nice clubhouse. Well worth the visit and would go back

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I played this yesterday with my husband, paid $30 via golf now and this was worth it. A bit wet in places but this didn't spoil the game, the water.....as in the lakes....were in my way a lot of the time so I lost a few balls!. Enjoyed the wildlife....alligators and turtles. No queuing in the morning but as we finished it was much busier. We have found that playing morning is best as far more people venture out for the afternoons. Also don't stop at after hole 9 but carry on and the back 9 are nice and leisurely.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have played many area courses. Yes some are a little better but.....Played on Groupon which provided golf, cart, range balls and lunch for two. All I can say is Outstanding! Course was in excellent shape. Obviously greens had improved since last review as I had no issues with them. Course was busy but played in about 4 hours. All staff we dealt with were friendly and the "free" burgers and popcorn at the 19th hole were delish. Def recommend this course be played.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Played this course for first time. I've been going on annual golf trips to the area for the past 8 years. Our group has always found most golf in the area to be fairly priced (Disney excluded) with very good conditions and friendly people. We have been playing Remington Golf Club for the last 8 Octobers, and the course was always in good shape (can't beat their "All you Can" special). Kissimmee Bay is the sister course, so we expected much of the same. The first 3 holes, the greens were in the worst shape I have ever seen in Florida at this time of year. The grumpy clubhouse personnel seemed as if we were bothering them (the bar staff were the exception - as they were very friendly and attentive). No starters or rangers were seen at any time. When we return next year for our annual golf trip - Kissimmee Bay Golf Club will surely NOT be a course that we play!!!

Dustin S, Owner at Kissimmee Bay Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Golfer,

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your playing Experience. We sincerely wish to apologize for your overall experience and we want to make it right! You did indeed catch us at a bad time for those few greens. We received more rain this summer than any summer in our 25 years of business here and it kicked our butts. Combine this with the first week of really cool weather, cutting them shorter than we should have getting ready for overseed and well, the Florida grass hates it. We screwed up and we are very sorry for your experience.

On your next visit please let us Comp your Foursome for a day of play with us and you can Personally Call me!

This week we overseed for winter so that the greens are nice for the winter months. We don't want anyone to have an unpleasant experience and I hope you’ll take me up on my offer!

PS. the grump in the shop has been whipped 40 lashes and seriously has been put on probations for his behavior.

All the Best,