“this is place is a dump and dont waste your money”

Horse World Riding Stables - Private Rides
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place is a dump. i have been around horses my entire life and the way this place is ran is very displeasing to the eye and to the horses. i went on an adavance trail which was supposed to be and hour and fiften minutes. yes i did get the complete time. but majority of the time i was walking or trotting if we cantered it was only in the back and maybe only 5 or 6 strides. i felt the entire time all i was doing was circles in the same spot.. it was not peaceful you can hear the traffic from the road the entire ride. yes i do understand that living in flordia we have a lot of traffic, but when im riding a horse i do not like to be that close to such a busy road with cars doing well over 60mph. there are no fences protecting the horses from the road once you enter through the last gate. "what if you were to fall off and your horse ran into the road" it does happen. my trail guide was very rude she had glasses (i believe her name was amanda) she didnt know one thing about horses. the entire ride she looked like she was about to fall off i couldnt believe it. talk about how rude she was. the horses were skinny and looked very sick. the place were they have the horses standing is a horrible. they stand in one spot tied by a chain they do no have acces to water or food (such as hay or a salt cube) horses are designed to eat all day long. and ontop of the horses stay in their saddle the entire time. this place neeeds to be shut down its down right animal abuse to these horses.... do not waste your money on them.

3  Thank cathy s

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Florida to visit her grandmother but I can't keep my girl away from horses even for the week. We had to go riding and honestly I like it too. So she found this place. It was nice. A bit rustic. The people who own the place seemed nice. We really enjoyed the farm animals they have their. The goats just loved being pet as well as the small kitties. The horses they have there are very pretty and all pretty much seem like safer horses. I've been on much more skittish horses than that before. People complaining about not being able to ride together don't understand that riding doubles just isn't a good thing and throws the center of mass off. There is a cool pond right on the property that has alligators in it. Scary at first. The girl giving the tour wasn't as sociable as I thought she should be but would answer our questions no problem and eventually had decent conversation with. Overall it's really not that expensive, we paid $110 total for the intermediate trail ride which included some cantering. The horses are nice and being from Michigan really shows you some Floridian landscape.

2  Thank kalebbrown93
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Laura is a great tour guide! Very in sync with the trails as well as getting to know the guests. She was helpful in teaching how to trot and fix the stirrups! We had a great time! Beautiful weather and a must do activity for the family or with your spouse. Thanks for the fun in the sun and the memories! -Cody & Jerome

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My 8 year old daughter has her own pony and was missing him, so we decided to take her to Horse World to satisfy her "withdrawal symptoms" lol. The shop has a vast amount of "horsey gifts" which were fab and the fact that she rode a horse with a western saddle and the western way she was in her element. My only gripe was there was no other interaction with the horses. We had to wait at the gate till the other hack returned and no photos were aloud. We felt that it wasnt good value.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went this morning in spite of all the negative reviews. Well I found out for myself we took a straight ride out turned around and came back in just a bit of an hour. From the clerk in the store to the young female guide these ladies were flat out rude. No other way to put it the ride was awful, the horses were like every horse in every trail ride stable I have ever been in and while I .agree about safety issues around horses the endless do's and don'ts were so far beyond the need. Not only were the employees rude they were wrong asking me to dismount from the wrong side of the horse. It was odd the guide did not even ask me or anyone else their name. Perhaps if this facility were designed to accommodate inexperienced riders or as a children's stables the autocratic attitude of these ladies could be understood but no other way to put it bossy is what we got. I have decide not to ride there again.

3  Thank Judy G