“not bad for the price”

Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee
Ranked #73 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed August 30, 2011

nice actually. stayed here for one night at the beginning of a vacation. we had a living room with sofa, kitchenette with table and chairs, king sized bed and decent bathroom. does not compare to the luxury properties we stayed at later in the trip but no complaints, good value for the price.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank songbird1329

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here for a week. I saw 1 large cockroach in the bed stand drawer the first day but none after that. (Had bug spay on hand from stay at another hotel the previous week) The rooms were pretty clean and had a small kitchen. The area was quiet and the pool was private and clean. Most of the staff was friendly. I did have a problem with one front desk person. A tall, thin, blonde man with a small pony tail. When I went to the office to ask for a few washcloths he said I had to go and get my dirty ones to receive new ones. So I walked back to my room, got all the dirty washcloths and gave them to him. He said this was the motels policy. Wow, Really? I had been in there 2 times previous and both times people were given new towels and they didn't have to go up to their rooms to turn in their old ones before getting new ones. Maybe I am just being over sensitive? The fact is, the guy was a real jerk and pretty much spoiled the entire stay for me.
WIFI was an extra charge of 5.50 per week and it was very unreliable.

Room Tip: Pretty quiet-good location
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was recommended this motel from a customer of mine. Was a little leary because of the price but wow! For what is cost there for a week was amazing! The room was spotless and the beds were comfy. 10 minutes from Disney and 20 minutes from Universal. So impressed will recommend highly to any going to Florida.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank joanne148
Reviewed August 10, 2011

we are a family and came in from Lagos Nigeria in Africa.We came with our toddler daughter and immediately liked our room.Good clean towels,bathroom and WiFi.Good cable programs,nice staff,quick maintenance service and yes..we really mean it.

the reviews have not all done this place enough justice.did anyone mention that there is a chinese buffet restaurant right in front of the hotel for $5.99 from morning until 4pm and $10.99 from 4pm until midnight.

studio 6 is so close to the lynx bus route(for touring around kissimmee and orlando cheaply) and sovenir shops and all attractions.Old town is right in front of the hotel.

we had such and great time there and please never let any negative reviews about studio 6 stop you from visiting them.We stay there for more that 3 weeks and had a great time.

Studio 6 is the best affordable motel to stay in kissimmee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: room 201..quite and a good view..
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank hannahb_123
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at Studio 6 for a week. My stay was pleasant. The place was really worth the money I spent. All the convenient stores were in walking distance. there were many restaurants around as well. The place was nice, Clean and Safe. I could cut down the expenses on food since I had a kitchen in the studio. I would highly recommend studio 6 to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank thilweera
Reviewed December 28, 2010

The place stunk of mildew and the staff was rude! The front office staff gave out my room number over the phone to an unidentified caller. Good thing it was a relative calling and not some crazy person. Hotel 101 is not to give out a room number over the phone!!!!!!!!!! Another person called to reach me and the staff answered the phone and told the person to hang up and call back using the automated system to dial the room number direct. They then hung up on the caller. The hotel is not safe, stinks of mildew and the staff is the rudest that I have EVER encountered!!!! There is a loud motorcycle that starts up in the wee hours of the morning that belongs to one of the hotel staff who lives in the hotel. Quite a RUDE awakening! Don't waste your money or risk your safety. There are many other nice places to stay on 192.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank rubycupic
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I just checked out this morning after a one week vacation stay. It's nicely maintained, clean and quite inexpensive. I paid app. $130 for a week, including $5 for a length-of-stay internet access card.

You get a nice room, with a comfortable bed and a small kitchen area with refrigerator & microwave. The TV is a pretty dated tube set, but there is a decent selection of channels.

The walls are a bit thin. I had the neighbor from hell that would talk for hours on his cell phone, then snore loudly when asleep.

This hotel isn't just used by tourists. There are lots of truckers, workers in the area temporarily and, I suspect, some folks that live there when they can get enough money. These aren't necessarily negatives, just to point out this is not a resort, it's a place to sleep.

The location is set back from 192 right by Old Town. But, to walk to Old Town, you have to walk to 192, then go down the road several hundred yards to the crossing. Lots of good restaurants in the area. With the lit up towers at Old Town to guide you, it's pretty hard to miss your turn when returning from a very long day at Disney.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo