A World of Orchids - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Awful!!

Very disappointing! The place was closed! If you are going to advertise on the Internet then your... read more

Reviewed March 2, 2014
Reesieh
CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED!!!! Found it on a number of recent sites and discovered when we arrived that has obviously been CLOSED for

Reviewed December 26, 2013
Micawoman
Albuquerque, New Mexico

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was at a World of Orchids just before Christmas. The gate had pad lock with chain on it, and the building looked very run down. No sign of people anywhere. I think this place has been out of business for a long time. Sadly, there are big sign on highway-very big green traffic sign. Tourists need to be aware so they will not waste time driving down there.

Date of experience: December 2012
22  Thank Dizzygizmo
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

It's closed. Overgrown with weeds & rotting. Closed, closed, closed, closed, closed, closed. Hey Orlando DEMO it!

11  Thank JustMe1245
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was looking forward to seeing this, but the gate was locked and there was a sign that stated that orchids could be purchased at the local Ace Hardware.

Date of experience: October 2012
12  Thank GMacJax
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I attempted to go to World of Orchids and they are closed for business. There is a gate with a locked chain with a sign that some of the orchids could be purchased at a nearby hardware store.

Although it showed its signs of aging, I was still disappointed.

8  Thank Aminspired
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

As orchid growers we were excited to visit this place. Once we got there, we were excited to leave.

I am sure that it was quite spectacular at one time, but now it is a sad testament to yesterday. I wonder what will happen to the fish and turtles once the current owners move out.

There was a sign on the door that they would be moving on July 15, 2012 to another location.

Unfortunately some of the plant material is just too big to be moved and the rest would only be wanted by a diehard plant scavenger if given away for free.

13  Thank SleepyDragonNC