A World of Orchids - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Awful!!

Very disappointing! The place was closed! If you are going to advertise on the Internet then your... read more

Reviewed March 2, 2014
Reesieh
CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED!!!! Found it on a number of recent sites and discovered when we arrived that has obviously been CLOSED for

Reviewed December 26, 2013
Micawoman
Albuquerque, New Mexico

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

It's closed. Overgrown with weeds & rotting. Closed, closed, closed, closed, closed, closed. Hey Orlando DEMO it!

11  Thank JustMe1245
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was looking forward to seeing this, but the gate was locked and there was a sign that stated that orchids could be purchased at the local Ace Hardware.

Date of experience: October 2012
12  Thank GMacJax
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I attempted to go to World of Orchids and they are closed for business. There is a gate with a locked chain with a sign that some of the orchids could be purchased at a nearby hardware store.

Although it showed its signs of aging, I was still disappointed.

8  Thank Aminspired
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

As orchid growers we were excited to visit this place. Once we got there, we were excited to leave.

I am sure that it was quite spectacular at one time, but now it is a sad testament to yesterday. I wonder what will happen to the fish and turtles once the current owners move out.

There was a sign on the door that they would be moving on July 15, 2012 to another location.

Unfortunately some of the plant material is just too big to be moved and the rest would only be wanted by a diehard plant scavenger if given away for free.

13  Thank SleepyDragonNC
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We visited A World of Orchids in the summer of 2011 so my review is a wee bit late. I will have to agree with most of the reviews stating that the place needs work. If you are staying in Kissimmee or even Orlando and are only a short distance from the location I would say to stop by just to kill some time. Like others have said before this is not an attraction that you want to drive out of your way to do. Even though the place needs some work I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I spent over an hour taking pictures, feeding the fish, and just enjoying the scenery. There is no entrance fee so you really don't have much to lose. I was very satisfied with the over grown garden and plants. I would say that the building itself needs more work than the actual garden. If you can get past the building issues then you'll do just fine. In fact, I think this place would be a great location for photographers. Of course, you would want to take pictures of the orchids versus the architecture. Once again, there is no fee and you can stay as long as you like. The owner had plenty of orchids to sale when we visited; however I have never bought one so I could not tell you the quality of the plant. Let's just say if you are expecting it to look like Disney World then you shouldn't even stop by. If you find beauty in nature itself then this is the place for you.

Date of experience: June 2011