“Very mediocre and overpriced”

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
Book In Advance
More Info
$54.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Reviewed February 11, 2011

A lot of people at our show seemed to really like the show. Personally, I think it is overpriced and overrated and only suitable if you have kids or are American. The whole thing is very inauthentic, fake and tacky. The seats look like they come straight from a passenger train (easy to clean), soup is served from thermo pitchers, cups and dessert plates are plastic. The selling of flashy swords and ornaments that light up really are the anti-climax. They have perfected the art of extracting max amount of money out of you, which I found annoying. Nevertheless, my kids liked it.

5  Thank Planedriver
There are newer reviews for Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

Reviewed January 31, 2011

If you enjoy the story of knights, and kings, and the battle for peace and justice, played out right before your eyes, while you eat chicken, and ribs, on pewter vessels, you'll love Medieval Times. This theatre-in-the-round performance is spectacular. I enjoyed the presentation in Myrtle Beach, SC several years ago, and wanted my wife to see the spectacle. Great fun ... dinner and show ... offering. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Rick163250
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We visited Medieval Times with my husband's parents--in their 70s--and our children, two teens and a near-teen. We wanted the best experience so we went all-out and did the "King's Royalty" package, mostly so we would be guaranteed the best seating. I was definitely not sorry. The first-row seating allowed to see all the activity up-close; patrons on the front rows are also served first. The entertainment was top-notch and the meal that was served to us was quite good. The horses appear to be healthy and well-treated and the horsemanship was marvelous to behold. If you go to the second show of the night, there is quite a wait once you get inside the building but there is a bar with draft beer and a souvineir shop. The staff were pleasant and helpful. There was a bit of chaos after the show trying to locate our photos but we ultimately found them. Overall, we had a rousing good time.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

After being extremely disappointed with the Pirates dinner show and finding the Arabian Nights dinner show slightly more entertaining, we decided to try Medieval times. There were 5 of us in total, including 2 kids and we managed to find tickets on the official website for half the official price (something like $40 per person). We were advised to get to the show 1 and a half hours before show time.

So we arrive to find this huge fake looking castle that looked like it had been taken straight off a Hollywood set. It almost looked like a cardboard cut out. We go inside the "castle" to be bombarded with every attempt to make money you've ever seen in your life. Like seriously, I thought Disney were bad for that but this was on another level. Firstly, we all got dragged to one side to have our picture taken by their official photographer. Then as we walk into the main hall we're asked if we're celebrating a special occasion to which we say yes. They then inform us that for a small fee (I think it was a few bucks) they'll announce your special occasion during the show.. what a rip off! They had a Christmas tree set up but instead of allowing you to take pictures of it, you had to once again get a picture taken by their official photographer. We gave up on all that and headed to the bar instead, only to find that drinks were approximately $15 each.. and I'm not talking fancy cocktails.. I'm talking beers! But don't worry, you did get to keep the cheap plastic beaker it came in! We then headed outside to explore their medieval courtyard which was complete with torture chamber and old fashioned rooms.. that was probably as good as the evening got.

The show itself? Awful, probably the biggest waste of money. It was basically men dressed as knights riding around in circles on horses. Their outfits were pretty impressive but that was as far as it went. I'm not even joking, there was one guy that was just riding round in figure eight loops for about 15 minutes. There was minimal action and the only time we saw jousting was for about 5 minutes at the end. There was no plot, the whole thing was absolutely ridiculous.

The food? The worst meal I've ever had. Appetizer was a bowl of luke warm tomato soup served from a thermos (the best way I can describe it is vomit-like) with a piece of garlic bread.. come to think of it the garlic bread was probably the best thing they served us. You had to drink the soup from a metal saucepan. Main course was half a chicken and a single rib (the rib was about 1 inch thick with about 2mm of meat on either side of the bone - I wish I'd have taken a photo) with half a baked potato (so overcooked you could have used it as a weapon). When I say half a chicken, I literally mean half a chicken (see photos), complete with skin, bones and everything. Oh and by the way, you don't get knives and forks. Their excuse is that it recreates a feast from medieval times. More like it's cheaper for them the wash up after the show. Dessert was a "pastry of the castle" - in other words an apple turnover. It couldn't have cost them more than about $8 per person, maximum. Alcohol wasn't included in the price as it was with other dinner shows. Instead we could have 2 drinks from a choice of water, diet coke or coke. Wow.. the options. It was mostly ice anyway. My family emptied the ice from our 5 beakers at the end and it filled almost 2 beakers. What a rip off!

Seriously guys, I've hardly ever reviewed on this site before but I felt so strongly about this show I had to try and stop other people from wasting their money too. That's coming from someone who only paid half the normal price for the ticket. The funny thing was that at the end the server had the cheek to suggest you leave him a tip! He was the moodiest rudest waiter I'd ever met. He spend the whole evening slinging food onto our plates from a metal tray and not even asking what drink we wanted, but instead just assuming we wanted diet coke.

It you want to go to a dinner show, try Arabian Nights. Just steer well clear of this one, please.

16  Thank Holly_Whoever
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I've been to every dinner show in Orlando and this one by far is the best. I've been to Medieval Times a few times and every time our family has a great time. It is pricey but you can buy discount tickets or look online for a coupon code. It pays to look around. Get there early so you can walk through the villiage that's filled with Medieval artifacts and tourcher devices. One of the workers told us that this is the only Medieval Times that has this at the location. It is included in the price of the dinner show which is a bonus.
Once inside there is alcohol and many items for sale. If you have children then be prepared because they have light up swords, wands, costumes, etc.You're better off taking the kids to the dollar store before hand and let them pick out a sword there. 1 light sword and 1 princess wand with lights will run you around $30.00 There is also many photo ops so be sure to bring your camera.
When you check in you will receive a color and table #. The color that you receive is what color knight you'll be cheering for. You can upgrade your packages so you can sit in one of the first three rows which is fun but not necessary. There really is no bad seat in the house.
Once seated your "wench" will start to serve you pretty quickly with a piping hot bowl of tomato bisque soup and garlic bread. I don't like tomato soup but this is nothing like it. I love this soup and have been trying to find the receipe. They only serve pepsi, water, and sprite( I think) so if you have a child then be sure to bring their drink in a sippy cup if you don't want them having soda. There will be someone walking around if you want to order alcohol. The show can get loud so if you have a child with sensitive ears be sure to bring some ear plugs. This will save you the hassle of holding your hands over their ears the entire show. (lesson learned)
The food is delicious, hot, and plentiful. You get 2 free refils of soda, which isn't in a very large glass but there's always water if you ask. I bring baby wipes because you have to eat with your hands. ( no silver wear in Medieval Times you know!) But it's not bad and you're so busy watching the show you don't realize your hands are a mess until your done eating. They do provide you with 1 napkin and 1 tiny hand wipe.
You are expected to tip your server at the end of the show. We normally leave a $20.00 tip for a family of 4. All in all this show is a lot of fun for the entire family.

2  Thank Barterbabe30