“COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD”

$59.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our ALL-NEW SHOW. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Desert SW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

My husband and I visited the Orlando, FL castle on Saturday for the 7 PM show. Our experience was both good and bad. First the bad. Upon arriving and entering the castle, three employees stood at the moot. One held a weapon of some type and was in a costume and said nothing to anyone - just stared at his shoes and looked embarrassed. The other two men were also in a different costume and carried on a conversation between themselves at one doorway and never spoke to us or anyone else. They acted as if they has noting to do with the show. So, the first impression was a disappointment. The rep at the ticket counter was polite and was into the character when she spoke so that was neat.
Receiving our crowns was another disappointment as a person named Marlon handed me my crown and did not say anything... none of the people there said anything - just acted like robots handing out cardboard crowns.
The gift shop personnel were not a lot better than the first five people we had to deal with. One man who wore a green lighted jesters hat just stared at us when we stood at the counter and it was a few seconds of a staring contest until he bothered to say anything at all. The inner gift shop to the left (as we came into the great hall) had a nice friendly sales rep and she was helpful and happy.
The lady at the village embroidery shop was approachable, informative and friendly. She basically was the first and only person who had bothered to speak to us up to this point (other than the ticket counter person and the female sales associate.)
Henry was our Server and he was very friendly and happy. The only bad part of my meal is that one of the horses galloping by sent sand onto my plate thereby ruining my meal. When I told Henry about it, he just smiled and went on his way, saying "oh really?" or something to that effect. I was not happy about not having my meal to finish.
So, needless to say this first experience was less than enjoyable - if the employees had done at least some interaction instead of looking like they hated being there and if I had had a chance to actually eat my meal - the experience would have been a pretty grood one.

5 Thank DesertSWCapri

• Hebrew first
Farmington, New Mexico
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is a great way to escape Disney and have a fun Family evening. Be sure to get in the spirit and cheer and jeer the nights. One of the highlights of our trip!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

It´s not like this was a bad show. And the food was actually quite okay. But it´s simply not worth the price. Compared to for instance Buffalo Bills Wild West Show at Disneyland Paris, Medieval Times is not nealy as good. It´s ok - but in no way spectacular.

And one thing that was really annoying was that once seated, there was a constant flow of people trying to sell you something. We tried to watch the show, but were interrupted again and again by people trying to sell us programs, pictures, hats, toy-swords, electrical gadgets etc. etc. I counted at least 10 interruptions of this kind - and think it´s totally inappropiate when you have paid 50-60 dollars to watch the show.

So be prepared - Medieval Times will try to pull additional money from your wallet from the minute you enter the castle - even while you sit and try to watch the show!

2 Thank EUTraveller
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“We were going to go to the Pirate show...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

We were going to go to the Pirate show but decided against it after reading the reviews here. We have kids aged 10 and 7. I would get there early enough to get good tickets. We were in yellow which is on the end where king and princess sit. And its where all the actors and horses came out. Plentyt of photo ops. Most of the action is in the middle. Those are the multi colored sections. Food was pretty good and everybody was very friendly. The only annoying thing was the vendors constantly walking in front of us to sell things. I think they should have stopped when the show started. Other than that...great show.

1 Thank MomBlessedBy2
Biloxi, MS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Had to try Medival Times while on vacation, loved the experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

We booked our tickets online for a discount and I thought they were still a bit pricey, especially since you know you'll need to buy a couple wooden swords or a dagger or two. We arrived 1 hour early and as soon as we walked in the experience began. We went to take a picture with the king and our young daughter did not want to be in the picture and stood on the side, and the king in his kingly voice voice said "I'm highly offended", we all laughed. We checked all the souvenirs, got some stuff and had the opportunity to get some drink at the bars but passed. Seating took place 15 minutes prior to show time. We got in quick, seated and then our serving slave started bringing out our food. The food was great, soup was the least of our liking but the chicken, rib, potato, bread and apple tart all were good. You get only two drinks though, drink sparingly. The show was great we really got into all the action and our daughter got a rose from our sections knight. We were entertained thoroughly. After the show we stayed to have pictures and get autographs with the knights.
Great show, good food and a once in lifetime experience. I could see us going maybe every two years.

1 Thank dayman11